Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Klopper76, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Oct 6, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I think you're right.

The fickle bitch that it is, good luck eventually turns the other way. I think Liverpool's incredible run of good fortune will come to an end in their next game. Whoever that may be.
  2. Oct 6, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    What an incredible start. Early days, but the next two games against the Manchester teams are massive. Could be 11+ points ahead if we pull it off.

Just as likely we'll be back to 6 point though.

Down to a 2 point lead wouldn't be a total surprise, though no doubt there'll be posters claiming we've bottled it in October if that happens.
  3. Oct 6, 2019

BlueHaze Full Member

You seriously think you would ever drop points against us? :lol:
  4. Oct 6, 2019

Casanova85 New Member

Supports:
    Cruyff/SAF
    It's obvious this league is theirs. Pep's City peaked in 2017-2019 and Liverpool is still there to climb to the top, their 2018-19 momentum intact, City back to 2016-17 form (and without Kompany!).
  5. Oct 6, 2019

Cheech Wizard Liverpool fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'm not carried away yet but I said to myself before the season I'd rather not be top at xmas this time going off our history and where it ends up. But what I didn't expect what City to lose 2 in 8 already, they hadn't lost in their first 15 last season. We'll lose more than 1 game this season for sure, but to give us a bit of leeway we have to win one of the City games at least which we failed to do last season it's as simple as that.
  6. Oct 6, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

So how will they bottle this lead? Will they even bottle it? So many questions.
  7. Oct 6, 2019

Cheech Wizard Liverpool fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Whats more gutting to you, this shocking City defeat? or United's impending doom with the toon?
  8. Oct 6, 2019

hasanejaz88 Full Member

Supports:
    Germany
    They aren't playing at their highest level so good chance they'll bottle it.
  9. Oct 6, 2019

SportingCP96 Full Member

Supports:
    Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Or a even better chance they get better. Champions sometimes have to win and grind out results when not playing well.

It could go either 2 ways they start playing worse and drop points OR they start playing better which we know they can and just run with it. This is subsequently there poor run of form..::but they are still winning ....
  10. Oct 6, 2019

redman5 Full Member

In a world of my own. People know me here.
    It's strange how our clubs have suffered tragedies which have ultimately altered their respective destinies. I was only a few months old when the Munich tragedy happened, but my Dad reckoned that United would have won quite a few more league titles, & a couple of European cups at least, had The Busby Babes been allowed to fulfill their potential. Kenny's shock resignation brought about the appointment of Graham Souness, which in effect brought about our downfall. Difficult to say how Dalglish would have fared had the Hillsborough tragedy not occurred. I doubt very much we'd have finished 6th though in 1993 when United won their first title under Ferguson.
  11. Oct 6, 2019

Ban Full Member

Oh well. It was bound to happen one day.
  12. Oct 6, 2019

redman5 Full Member

They got exactly what they deserved today though.......NOTHING. People going on about us being lucky, yet looking at the amount of chances we've created - & missed - over our first 8 games, I'd say on the balance of play in each match we've deserved our victories.
  13. Oct 6, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We are miserable at old trafford. I do expect us to drop points and old trafford seems as likely as any place to do it.
  14. Oct 6, 2019

redman5 Full Member

We did last season. Even against a depleted United side.
  15. Oct 6, 2019

Stocar Full Member

Well, stats tell a different story. City create more chances, and haven't had a single game where they xG wasn't higher than opponents. Liverpool had two of these (at Southampton and Chelsea).
  16. Oct 6, 2019

redman5 Full Member

Seeing as how City have scored 7 more goals than us I'd say the stats back your point up. The stats don't tell you why City played so poorly today though, or why they're 8 points adrift. The fact is, whilst we may not be as pretty as Pep's boys in what we do, the chances we create tend to be more effective, even if luck plays it's part from time to time.
  17. Oct 6, 2019

Stocar Full Member

They aren't though; expected goals precisely reflect the difference in goals actually scored between the two teams. I watch both teams, and City do create significantly more.

What these stats don't tell though is how shaky City's defense can be at times. Although they don't concede significantly more chances, there is a feeling they are more likely to concede from speculative shots and set pieces (such as in Spurs game). Liverpool's concentration in defense is at a higher level.

Still, that can't account for 8 points difference, and the truth is that Liverpool have been quite fortunate at times, while for City it was the opposite. Still lot to play for though.
  18. Oct 6, 2019

zaccheus New Member

I dont get this logic, it is 8 points, (2 losses and 2 draws) it is not mere bad luck, it shows how vulnerable City is. If you watch the games today, it is fair to say that Wolves have more real chances than City, they were lucky just conceded only two.

People somehow are easily be fooled of the fancy shining football they put on the pitch, and forget everything about effectiveness. Also because of this shining football, due to too many unnecessary passes, City has been vulnerable to so many mistakes from the wrong pass and their defenders become the victim to blame :))
  19. Oct 6, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Del

Edit : wrong thread, should have been in match thread.
  20. Oct 6, 2019

Saffa_Koppite New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    While I am not at all that confident going to Old Trafford, I’m 100 percent certain we won’t be losing against City at Anfield
  21. Oct 6, 2019

Speedy30 Liverpool Fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I wish I had that confidence. City are usually dreadful at Anfield but they'll be up for this one more than any other game this season especially if we have already dropped points at OT
  22. Oct 6, 2019

Saffa_Koppite New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It’s Anfield, we haven’t lost there in more then 2 years for a reason. City might be up for it on the day, but so would we, considering this is probably a game our lads will be targeting. If both teams is on it, we will prevail. Just imagine Otamendi and a barely fit Stones with our press. Takes you back to the Champions league tie doesn’t it...
  23. Oct 6, 2019

Warlord New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Matip & Allison back in after the international break will make us stronger.
  24. Oct 6, 2019

Speedy30 Liverpool Fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Fair one. One of my favourite nights on the Kop bettered only by the Barcelona game!
  25. Oct 6, 2019

Adcuth Full Member

May be the game after
  26. Oct 6, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    City were ahead in Xg (1.8-1.1).
  27. Oct 7, 2019

Dorian Gray New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    This was an interesting insight into the Nabil saga. Some disclosure by his then-agent - https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-was-...-players-entourage/1llqo6rq23phd1uwltpb4qbkgz
  28. Oct 7, 2019

King Kendrick Full Member

Supports:
    Ty$ / kaytranada collabs
  29. Oct 7, 2019

Crustanoid Full Member

The thing is, if it wasn’t for our parasitic owners, we could have been the ones taking advantage of City faltering
  30. Oct 7, 2019

ExecutionerWasp001 Full Member

If they keep the front 3 injury free & sacrifice the cups can see them equaling or even breaking the 100 pt record. They had only 1 loss last season. The draws cost them the title but they still amassed 97 pts. With the rest of the league in meltdown & their helping hand which is VAR it can be done.
  31. Oct 7, 2019

Boitol New Member

We (Liverpool) are pretty average at most away games to the top 6. Klopp plays the occasion rather than the team. We made United away such hard work last time when we should have won had we not bottled it a bit. We could possibly win both our next 2 games given City are at Anfield if we go all out heavy metal.
  32. Oct 7, 2019

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    This is very true but I'm confident that he learned from that mistake and will just all out attack Utd's many weaknesses right now. Spurs look very vulnerable as well and are coming to Anfield after that, so another 6 points out of 6 is realistic (and should definitely be the main objective). It's gonna be the first time since the 0-3 win in 2014 that I will expect us to outright win the game rather than be happy enough with a draw.
  33. Oct 7, 2019

Che Guevara New Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    This Liverpool team is very difficult to predict. Their next 4 matches are against United, Spurs, Villa and City - all these teams are under immense pressure to bounce back and rescue their season following a string of bad results. Last season Liverpool blew a 9-point lead. But we will have a better idea in November if this is likely to be their season.
  34. Oct 7, 2019

Rooney in Paris Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down Scout

In the league they've won like their last thousand games, they're easy to predict. It's gonna be rough for Utd, and most likely Ole's last game (if he's still here)
  35. Oct 7, 2019

Warlord New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You're very good at OT though. You lot beat Chelsea 4-0 FFS!

I fully expect the United players to be up for this one.
  36. Oct 7, 2019

Rooney in Paris Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down Scout

You clearly haven't been watching us play :lol: (not that I blame you) We're not "very good" at OT at all, and the Chelsea result is more a freak occurrence than anything else.
  37. Oct 7, 2019

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    One thing's for sure, if they don't win it this year, they will never win it again.
  38. Oct 7, 2019

montpelier Full Member

some people thinking that was a penalty has cheered me up a bit, :lol: :lol:

even Danny Murphy doesn't think it was a penalty
  39. Oct 7, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You'd be hard pressed to find a more hateful and bitter scrotum if you tried.

If you find yourself agreeing with Danny Murphy, it means you should probably give your head a wobble and rethink your life choices.
  40. Oct 7, 2019

redman5 Full Member

I see the United game as a 'bonus' match insofar that anything we get will be a bonus. But if we lose we'll still be a minimum of 5 points clear of City after playing Chelsea & United away, plus Arsenal at home. I hope Klopp tells the lads to go for it at OT. Been a few years since we put in a good performance there.