Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Klopper76, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Nov 4, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Thanks for that. I wonder how much posters here will discuss our other definite penalty calls contributing to luck? Not much judging by the replies so far.
  2. Nov 4, 2019

Treble Full Member

It's naive to come up with such pictures as definitive evidence. Some pictures might be seriously misleading, because they highlight some things while not showing others. Further, they might be manipulated. Still further, such things happen in any box all the time. If some Villa fan looks for situations in Liverpool's box, he might find interesting angles and situations as well.
  3. Nov 4, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Whilst the 'lucky' narrative is built on solid scientific foundation.
  4. Nov 4, 2019

Treble Full Member

Statistical xG models are far closer to truth than randomly found pictures on the internet provided by Liverpool fans showing Liverpool being harshly treated. The latter is so naive it beggars believe one can come up with such evidence on the forum of one's historical rivals.
  5. Nov 4, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Liverpool has had an unprecedented run of good fortune over the last couple of years. Only supporters of your club such as yourself, Klopper and Daniel Craig would refute that.

You won't find anyone citing luck as a factor in City's recent dominance. Why? Because it isn't true. They're just a brilliant football team that unjustly finds themselves 6 points adrift of an infinitely inferior outfit.

Let's face facts, man to man City are a country mile ahead of Liverpool and everyone else.
  6. Nov 4, 2019

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You haven't answered my question. I don't deny that we were fortunate against Chelsea, but you can't call us lucky because the opposition misses chances here and there and then ignore the clear cut chances we're missing in the same games.
  7. Nov 4, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Lets not bring DC into this. He has his own issues.

I don't deny we had some luck here and there but it's swings and roundabouts imo. I do think City were miles ahead of us last season but the gap looks a bit smaller this year, almost like City have developed a slight vulnerability.
  8. Nov 4, 2019

Treble Full Member

I didn't call you lucky, but lucky to be on 31 from 33 pts. Which you agree with as you agree you were a bit fortunate against Chelsea. I'm not one to deny you have a great team. You're not lucky per se but relative to City, especially regarding injuries.

Everything goes so well for Liverpool that I'm inclined to think something not very pleasant is in store. Just a hunch, of course. But, generally, when things go too well, they might end not so well.
  9. Nov 4, 2019

Liver_bird Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    True, I’ll have Klopp get the boys to send you a hand written apology.
  10. Nov 4, 2019

goatmeister New Member

Supports:
    PSKI
    Too soon
    What does it have to do with anything? Do people also use this argument when Leicester won EPL few years back, man-to-man, on paper etc?

City are 6 points adrift because they've won fewer games than Liverpool (and lost more), plain and simple.

Winning teams create their own luck and stats back that up. This year's Liverpool relentlessly attack from first minute to final whistle. They just wear their opponent down faster than they wear themselves down.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
  11. Nov 4, 2019

Liver_bird Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We’ve had our fair share of luck, but this mostly just sounds like the exact same narrative we used to pedal about youse back in your heyday. Bemoaning the luck and good fortune that always seemed to favour you under Ferguson and the last minute winners and comebacks that occurred every time it looked like you were about to drop points. Oh you’ll no doubt think we’re having a run that’s way more fortunate than anything you guys experienced but that’s exactly how we felt when you were winning games even when deserving to lose, we’re all guilty of rose tinted specs. I’m sure Barca fans felt the same about Madrid’s CL luck, the truth is great teams just find a way.

City are indeed a magnificent football team that’s brilliantly coached with a plethora of talent at their disposal, however playing the most attractive football isn’t an indicator of a team being more deserving. Yes they look like they can smash anyone when they turn it on, however they’re also susceptible when teams go at them and they are capable of dropping points. Not to mention their CL exploits. They are indeed fantastic however we kept pace with them last season and we look like we’ll go the distance again barring injuries.

They may play the better football but at the very top level there’s other factors that come in to play in determining the best and you’d be hard pressed to find many who would disagree with that being us given we’re the current champions of Europe and missed out on a league title by a single point with us and the victors setting points totals surpassing anything this league has seen before.
  12. Nov 4, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yep, the facts are showing that alright.
  13. Nov 4, 2019

PickledRed Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Let’s face facts...

Liverpool:
    • 1 defeat in 50 (fifty) games
    • Won more points than anyone else in those 50 (fifty) games
    • Won the European Cup last season
    • Have won 19 of last 20 league matches
    Despite all of this, City are a country mile ahead of Liverpool...
  14. Nov 4, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We're making that classic mistake of talking down City right before we play them.
  15. Nov 4, 2019

romufc Full Member

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to the league table this year?

Can't blame you though.. United fans are looking at bottom half rather than top.
  16. Nov 4, 2019

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    City on the other hand, is rather lucky that they went from a nothing club to an international powerhouse, because some bored oil dude decided to buy them. :wenger:

Liverpool are like PSV now though and as we all know, PSV lost the title right before the end to the club everyone said was superior all season long.
  17. Nov 4, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Which is part of the plan. Treble, etc, have been trying to coax out the superiority complex from us for a few months now. The above is not quite talking City down. I never trust the Manchester clubs. Had a bad feeling about the Utd game despite our relative positions/form and have the same uneasiness against City.
  18. Nov 4, 2019

Treble Full Member

They are not, but you should expect comments intended to wind you up. If both teams don't have significant absentees, City are better, but certainly not by much, imo. Say, they are several pts better over the course of a season as seen from last season when they managed to win without having De Bruyne fit for most of the season. Now, with the injuries they have Liverpool are probably the better team and strong favourites for Sunday. If Guardiola is unreasonable in his approach City might get smashed at Anfield as their CBs are out of form and Fernandinho isn't a CB in the first place.
  19. Nov 4, 2019

_00_deathscar New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    What was the xG when Arsenal were 3-1 and then 4-2 and then 5-4 up against us?
  20. Nov 4, 2019

Treble Full Member

Who cares about a Carabao cup game featuring a lot of reserve players? It shows little.
  21. Nov 4, 2019

marktan Full Member

The pool city game next week is almost a title decider, even at this early stage. A 9 point lead and Liverpool have a huge leeway for one or two poor results, and they have a strong enough team to consistently beat most of the midtable league sides.
  22. Nov 4, 2019

_00_deathscar New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It was a point that we just seem to find a way to win in most games, even when our reserves/youngsters have been playing.
    xG is great, it really is - but seeing as we keep outperforming it, maybe it isn't the be all and end all?
  23. Nov 4, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

I think Liverpool will win :nervous:
  24. Nov 4, 2019

Finn MacCool Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We’ve a great record against City at Anfield. Sooner or later that will come to an end. It should have last season. I can’t see another 0-0 this time round. We’re not quite as solid as last season at the back and City have their own issues at the back due to injuries.

On the luck issue, we’ve been lucky with injuries but all the other stuff is just noise which sounds remarkably similar to how we and other fans spoke about Fergie time and Howard Webb being a Utd fan.
  25. Nov 4, 2019

Treble Full Member

It's still a better predictor than what Liverpool fans would like to believe. You will also have a slump when the opposition teams will score 2 goals from 2 shots and you fail to score a goal from 20 shots. It's inevitable. It happens to better teams than you like City, it will happen to you as well. There is no mysterious reason why it wouldn't. It's part of football to lose/draw games in which you are utterly dominant.
  26. Nov 4, 2019

Liver_bird Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    With United we have a mental block at Old Trafford, we could win every game till the next time we go there in the league and I’d still think we’d drop points there. City is a different animal altogether, we could very easily lose to them as they’re one of the top three sides in world football.
  27. Nov 4, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Your problem, I feel, is that you have confused facht with fact, perhaps believing these terms share a similar context when in reality they are entirely separate entities.

The facts are as follows.

PL title triumphs since 1989 (a totally random year):

City:

Liverpool:

Bruno Cheyrou

Manchester United because why not:

Fact.

28. Nov 4, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I think you mistyped 'Bruno Cheyrou'. I'm sure what you meant to type was 18/6
  29. Nov 4, 2019

BrownRecluse New Member

I’m not so sure about that. Imo Alisson, VVD, Robertson, TAA, (maybe Fabinho), Salah and Mane are all top picks in a mixed 11. (On current form Salah may be dropped for Sterling).
  30. Nov 4, 2019

Josh 76 Full Member

I think Liverpool will win on Sunday, but that may work in City's favour in the long run.
  31. Nov 4, 2019

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I think you're too rigid, maybe you should just say 18/6+ :cool:.

Anyway I love historical facts. Always have in my 17 odd years on here. :cool:
  32. Nov 4, 2019

ashfritz New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Fixed it for you :P.

In all fairness though I get that City are the lesser of two evils, but the way some of the locals here burrow so far up City's rear end is just, disturbing. Reminds me of that Reek fella from GOT.
  33. Nov 4, 2019

PickledRed Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Like and share if you like unrelated things.
  34. Nov 4, 2019

christinaa Gossip Girl

What a stupid answer.

Is this an example of the typical Liverpool fan intelligence which you all come and contribute over here?
  35. Nov 4, 2019

taribhumpu New Member

Going through this thread and other threads related to Liverpool/Players, I am just finding it so funny at the length of both sets of fans trying to out-smart each other. There is no way we will accept your logic, no matter how true or logical they are. If the role is reversed then we will ofcourse defend because this is manutd forum. Anyways it's a total fun when some liverpool fans trying to stay civil while burning inside .. sorry if i hurt some liverpool fans
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
  36. Nov 4, 2019

Armchair Manager New Member

Supports:
    Northampton
    So what you mean is if Liverpool lose 3-0 they will lose self belief and then lose their momentum like they did after Barca game at camp nou? Or when they were losing to dortmund in europa league?

This isnt the first time liverpool has made a comeback. Klopp knows how to instill winning mentality, self belief, work ethics and never say die attitude. You think a team which kept going after losing league by one point while hitting highest point tally in their history and 3-4 consecutive major finals will be affected by loss in a single match?
  37. Nov 4, 2019

FrankDrebin New Member

38. Nov 4, 2019

Ban Full Member

I love when they become smug here. And just like years they're swarming the place. Every day along with old members I see about 5 new ones.
  39. Nov 4, 2019

mwake New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Everyone saying Liverpool are lucky, yes there have been some chances missed by the other team but what others are failing to see is that in a lot of games Liverpool have about 15+ or more shots, infact thre are many games where Liverpool have 20+ shots at opposition goal. Surely if we are going to talk about luck then we should include Liverpools lack of luck in not finishing games off earlier relative to the amount of chances they create? People acting like Liverpool are some crappy team who don't do anything themselves.
  40. Nov 4, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It's not smugness to say that Liverpool are more than simply luck merchants, which is what is being claimed at times. The stats suggest we're a very good team. I think City's level over the past two seasons has altered everyone's views about what a good side really is.