Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Klopper76, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Nov 4, 2019

Ban Full Member

Nobody thinks Liverpool are just lucky and whoever said that is having a laugh. But you had your share of luck definitely.
    Saying all that I just heard Silva is injured and unavailable for Sunday. :)
  2. Nov 4, 2019

Armchair Manager New Member

Supports:
    Northampton
    Suddenly league is not competitive because your all traditional rivals are doing better than you? I have a question for you, if league isnt as competitive as it use to be then why Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho (both serial winners with every team they coached) couldnt win the league? Why your hand picked talents like Pogba, McGuire, Fred, Di Maria, Depay, Mata, Matic all struggled to win the uncompetitive league while they all have won before they signed for utd and other have managed to win titles after they have been offloaded?

You cant really say league isnt as competitive while you are losing to bournemouth, a team which hadnt scored in like 4 matches before they played Man Utd.
  3. Nov 4, 2019

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It's all mind games from the bald one. I fully expect prime Kompany & Yaya Toure to line up for them on Sunday.

I might be wrong but I don't think Aguero has ever scored against us at Anfield.
  4. Nov 4, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Lucky Liverpool.

It even has a ring to it.
  5. Nov 4, 2019

Hughie77 Full Member

There getting the breaks it happens in football, sometimes the quality play gets what is deserves , even if it's in the 95th minute , even if a player goes down easily , it happens. The only thing is it cannot continue, in life and football it will come to an end!

When it ends who knows, at present they've gone behind for long long periods in games, but finding a way of getting maximum points out of them, this could be fortunate or just good quality confidence play, along with the opposition making errors.

It's just how it goes, I can remember UTD winning games they should not have, last minute goals an error from opposition, it's the pressure the good team put you under to make errors. There's at least 4 games they should have got a 1pt or nothing. UTD at home 85th min equaliser DDG didn't have much problems in the 90 mins, Southampton away, a 87 min open goal miss from them for 2-2.

Foxes at home 94th min pen with a dive, Sat again Villa 2 late late goals, Sheffield again 0-1 and they missed a hat full of chances, a goal keeping error got them out of that one. Look back a few years and same could be said for other title winning sides, it's how it goes.. Also add into the mix the freakish nature of hardly any long term injuries. I can only think of one Chamberlain .

Everyone knows Klopp plays Mane , Salha, Firmino, every time, rarely one of them is not fit, if one isn't, origi plays and often pops up with a goal. At present there top of the tree, this will and come to an end. ?
  6. Nov 4, 2019

marktan Full Member

They are the luckiest team going by far, wouldn't be surprised if Klopp has influenced the refs.

Next year is our year.
  7. Nov 4, 2019

Speedy30 Liverpool Fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We've had some luck over the past couple of seasons but when you're forcing the ball into your opponents area non-stop for 90mins, the chances are you're going to benefit from a mistake.

If you buy one lottery ticket, you've got hardly any chance, if you buy 300 of them, you've got a much better chance. If you won with one of those 300 tickets, yes luck has played a part but you wouldn't have won if you hadn't bought them all.

The narrative about our luck with injuries is a tiresome one though. Most injuries in football are muscule related. We've bought in some of the best fitness and conditioning coaches along with a world class nutritionist to help us combat potential injuries in this regard and it's paying dividends.

You have to have luck in football but you don't win things on luck alone, you have to work hard and well to create that luck
  8. Nov 4, 2019

Ban Full Member

I read this fuk Liverpool. Shows you how my mind works. :D:D
  9. Nov 4, 2019

Halds Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool FC
    So a few more 'if's'..

On top of the first ones you said, we can add that.. if Chelses had better decision making, if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot, if they had an older squad that were more experienced..

I am trying to understand you here.. Are you saying, that if this, put together with all the other 'if's' you said weren't reality, then we would and should have lost the game?
  10. Nov 4, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

That works too.
  11. Nov 4, 2019

BrownRecluse New Member

Speaking for myself only, I like this forum because it’s generally a good football forum. Yea there are some trolls, but on the whole there is a lot of good content and contributors.
  12. Nov 4, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

What are you on about? We haven't won anything because we are shite, noone is disputing that.

My point is that before City won the league with record amount of points, the competition for a PL title was more intense and it wasn't so certain which team will become champion. Do you see anyone else challenging Liverpool and City this year, or even the next one?

And of course I'm seeing it from the perspective of a United fan, because we are talking about our 2 main rivals.
  13. Nov 5, 2019

Armchair Manager New Member

Supports:
    Northampton
    Just because no other team cant challenge liverpool or city doesnt make less competitive or challenging. Infact its exactly opposite. Liverpool could have easily won the league any other season with the points total they had last season same with Utd the tear before if it wasnt for Man City.

Liverpool and Man City have raised the level of competition. Now to win the league you have to score atleast 95+ points and even then there is no guarantee. Instead of winning league at 80 points the seasons before. Look at emergence of tottenham, watford, wolves and surprise team or rwo every season. Instead of top 4 its now top 6. If thats not competitive i dont what else is.
  14. Nov 5, 2019

Sterling Archer Full Member

Why even bother trying to defend it? It's jealousy and envy from sour United fans. Been saying for some time here, if ya don't want Liverpool to win then be better ourselves. Instead got a bunch of sour puss babies wishing to lose our own cup finals in exchange for you lot losing out on your own earned trophies. So what more do you expect from these children? They're so weak they couldn't handle the last manager lambasting our awful ceo and players. Now theyre cheering one victory against the worst team in the league and excusing loss after loss to dross. Really don't need to worry twice about the loser mentality here...that's why they chalk your position up to luck. They've forgotten the grit of Fergie days when you make your own, indeed, as Liverpool have been doing.
  15. Nov 5, 2019

Hunter-X New Member

16. Nov 5, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

Are you being purposefully obtuse? I made my point very clear and it has nothing to do with the league in general. I'm talking about competing for the highest honours - PL title, CL, FA Cup. That's where Liverpool and City are favourites and only in the CL you could say there are 3-4 teams that can challenge them.

I remember you as the poster who has said multiple times how he dislikes our club and fanbase. What a sad life you must have to be on a forum of ours and engaging with the same fans you apparently think badly about.
  17. Nov 5, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    well done :lol:
  18. Nov 5, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Wait, Gerrard started at RB?
  19. Nov 5, 2019

DavidDeSchmikes Full Member

20. Nov 5, 2019

Gazautd18 New Member

RAWK bantz
  21. Nov 5, 2019

12OunceEpilogue Full Member Scout

Absolutely true. Klopp's Liverpool have the never-say-die attitude we had and it's as sad as it is important for United fans to admit it.

If the Scousers who pissed and moaned corruption and conspiracy through Fergie's era feel foolish and would like to apologise for their conduct during that time I'd love to hear it (I fear I'll be waiting a long time), but equally I have no time to hear sobbing about Liverpool's outrageous luck and how unfair their injury time winners are. Recognise what they've got, pray it doesn't go on much longer and pray we get our arses into gear soon.
  22. Nov 5, 2019

romufc Full Member

I always believe in you make your own luck. What Liverpool do under Klopp is when what we used to do when drawing or losing with 10 minutes to go. It was wave after wave of attack, pressure which cranks up by the minute.

Then come the 90th minute teams think they have won the game, players switch off and win the game.

It has nothing to do with luck, we could be lucky as well but 1-0 to Bournemouth we cant even attack.
  23. Nov 5, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I sincerely apologize for United's corruption and conspiracies which led to many titles and other successes.

But seriously I never thought that was the case about United. I did think Ferguson was good at the whole mind games thing and made the odd comment here and there (similar to Guardiola's comment about Mane diving), but Ferguson was one of a kind. I don't think there will ever be a manager as good as he was ever again in England.

Would've been interesting to see how he would've got on against Guardiola's City.
  24. Nov 5, 2019

12OunceEpilogue Full Member Scout

Ha so I wasn't waiting long after all :lol:. Accepted, of course.

I fully agree, and I think part of that is the longevity of success in English football Fergie will always have that no Joses, Klopps and Peps will match in the modern era. That means even record points totals, domestic trebles and any greater successes that may come in the near future (:nervous:) will never match what Fergie brought to the league over 26 years.

I think what you can say about Pep and Klopp, particularly the latter in my opinion, is that he has his team emulating the greatest aspect of Fergie's United sides in not knowing when the fecking hell they're beaten. It's such a high compliment to make, and certainly not one I take pleasure in making of a Liverpool manager, that the never-say-die stuff we're seeing from Klopp's team week after week is so reminiscent of what we were doing under Fergie.

I think so too. The luck they have in turning around matches where they haven't played so well comes from their attitude. Great players and the ruthlessness we showed in dispatching opponents under Fergie was brilliant, but what I've missed by far the most during the last six years is getting to the last 15 minutes of a tense game and expecting something to go for us. Liverpool fans have that feeling now, I hope they appreciate it and I sure as hell hope they're left missing it very soon.
  25. Nov 5, 2019

Shamana Full Member

God Klopp really should have been the planned succesor of Fergie. He was my first choice anyway and he's showing why. For me he's definitely better than Guardiola atm, but of course Pep is greater in terms of how many trophies he's won.
  26. Nov 5, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Ferguson's ability to rebuild his teams is something that I don't think any other manager has really been able to do. It wasn't simply a case of him buying and selling players either. He literally redeveloped the way his teams attacked through formations and tactical set ups to handle the new challenge standing in front of him. Guardiola & Klopp are both at the peak of their cycles with City & Liverpool, but once those cycle's end that's it. They'll move on and someone else will start again. Neither of them will be able to do what Ferguson did time and time again, rebuilding his squad and adapting to whatever changes English football went through.

Klopp's a long term manager but he won't have the longevity of Ferguson, and neither will Guardiola.
  27. Nov 5, 2019

romufc Full Member

We can barely put one attack in 90 minutes let alone 15 at the end. It is so depressing because you expect it from a United side.

Ole keeps saying United need to attack it is DNA, but we have not once this season attacked with any momentum.
  28. Nov 5, 2019

_00_deathscar New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    In the first team, yes - right midfield/right full back is where he got his debut/first few games/starts. Quite a fair bit of his first full season, the UEFA Cup/'treble' (in quotation marks for the benefit of United fans) winning year, he played from right back (with Babbel playing centre back when Gerrard played right back).

Also played there very occassionally after his move to midfield. It's a shame really, he had everything to be a top, top notch fullback.

One difference is that Gerrard got his break as a right back in the first team, but in the youth/reserve teams he was always playing in midfield I believe - whereas TAA has only occassionally played in midfield for youth/reserve teams and full back seems to be more his permanent role even in youth teams.
  29. Nov 5, 2019

Swarlos New Member

Supports:
    Lyn FK, Liverpool
    I will take it that you don't have any relevant experience then.

Yes there are things such as running a player in the ground, and managers do complain about fixtures. That is because of short term fatigue when the matches pile up though. What you were suggesting in your initial post you made comments regarding long term fatigue over two seasons though, which is a completely different animal. That is the opinion i take issue with. Carrying fatigue from one season to the next is not a reality when you have an off season period.
  30. Nov 6, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    One defeat in 50 league games. Champions of Europe, finalists the year before. Any day now, our luck will run out and we'll be exposed as the not-that-good team we've been all along.
  31. Nov 6, 2019

Treble Full Member

That's very impressive. But it will go down as a curious stat if you fail to win the title. The name of the game is to win most points, not to have the fewest number of defeats. The Invincibles would have finished 3rd last season with the points they won in 2003-04.
  32. Nov 6, 2019

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Needs to shut the feck up about fixture congestion.
  33. Nov 6, 2019

Halds Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool FC
    Very true. If we fail to win the league, it will be nothing but a memory of a good team we once had..
  34. Nov 6, 2019

nore1975 Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Very surprised Jürgen didn’t strengthen the squad from a position of strength. Never rest on your laurels. I guess Ox is like a new signing.
    We haven’t got going yet this season yet we grind out wins. Beating City on Sunday would be a huge psychological boost if we could do it.
    My one disappointment is I feel we have to blow the house down. I would like us to be able to cut teams open as well.
  35. Nov 6, 2019

PickledRed Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Liverpool have been in more CL finals than they’ve lost PL games since the end of May 2018

That’s mad.
  36. Nov 7, 2019

Dave Smith New Member

Be interesting to see how this weekend plays out. Personally, I feel that City won't lose as I see them getting two goals. However, that is based on Ederson not being injured. If he is then I think Liverpool will win 3-2/4-2. If it ends in a draw however and Leicester and Chelsea win, that would leave City, Leicester and Chelsea on the same points and Liverpool still six clear. If that does happen does anyone think Leicester could pull off another 2016 or Chelsea could do a 96?
  37. Nov 7, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Nah not for me. They might've been able to if they were only up against one of us but not both imo.

The usual suspects were all fairly poor in 15/16 and Leicester won the league with a low 81 points. I think both City & Liverpool will hit at least 90 this season. Leicester won't hit those heights. Maybe low 80's.
  38. Nov 8, 2019

Dave Smith New Member

Yeah, I agree with this. I was just wondering what other people thought as you know if you're boys draw and Leicester and Chelsea do win this weekend, the press will love to spin such a yarn.

That said, I think Leicester have a chance of more than 81 points, as I think this side is better than the one that won the league and they only really play once a week, which means that they can prepare much more than the other top teams.
  39. Nov 8, 2019

Liver_bird Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    That will suit Rodgers down the ground, however the teams this year will be far too strong.
  40. Nov 8, 2019

Karel Podolsky New Member

Supports:
    Ex Laziale
    Ederson is injured.
    Liverpool's 2019/2020 Premier League Champion. It's written in the sky.