Looks like Ederson is out for the Liverpool game

So that's David Silva. Laporte. Sane. Zinchenko. Rodri all injured

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Looks like Ederson is out for the Liverpool game

So that's David Silva. Laporte. Sane. Zinchenko. Rodri all injured
Diddums. They've spent a tonne assembling that squad and other than Ederson & Laporte none of the others are guaranteed starters (I'm being harsh on Rodri & Silva but I'm fairly certain they've been rotated this season). Guardiola still has players like Aguero, Jesus, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Sterling, Walker, Stones, Mendy & Cancelo.

We'd struggle with that many first team players out but only because we don't have the same sort of resources to build a squad and pay the wages they do.

No excuses, no mercy!

Thunderhead

Supports
City
really hoping we park the bus and try and play on the counter, hopefully do what United have done the last 2 times they've played Liverpool

Blueman

Supports
Man City
Not sure how making youor own luck comes into it with injuries but if City can take anything out of this game I will be pleased. It's the equivelent of Mane, Firminho, Alison, vvd being out

taribhumpu

Ederson is injured.
Liverpool's 2019/2020 Premier League Champion. It's written in the sky.
Well I would not be surprised if suddenly Ederson passes the late fitness test and appear on the Sunday. But yeah, if Liverpool does not win against City then, they have only themselves to blame.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
really hoping we park the bus and try and play on the counter, hopefully do what United have done the last 2 times they've played Liverpool
You could try and play a 3-5-2 and put Sterling up top with Aguero. Arsenal had some joy with that and United kept us quiet for 60 minutes. Play a back three of Walker, Stones & Otamendi, with Mendy & someone else (Cancelo?) as wing backs to match up against TAA & Robertson. Then you match your midfield three with ours using De Bruyne, Fernandinho & Bernardo Silva.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure how making youor own luck comes into it with injuries but if City can take anything out of this game I will be pleased. It's the equivelent of Mane, Firminho, Alison, vvd being out
We beat Barcelona 4-0 without Firmino & Mane #justsaying

Dave Smith

Wow, are there still people out there that think they can have a reasonable discussion with Liverpool fans about luck and/or conspiracy theories? Surely by now you should know balant dives to get penalties are ok, as there was contact! But when something goes against them, even if it is an offside which almost everyone has accepted is harsh (as it goes down to 0 point mm's) there must be someone manipulating the lines!

Won't bother watching on Sunday. Even if it's 0-0 or City go ahead, Mane will just throw himself to the floor and they'll get a pen.
Be careful. You should know by now that Mane is a model pro and if anyone says anything otherwise they will just make him angry and he wil turn into the equivilent of the Hulk for slandering him.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
I'm confident about sunday. Think we'll win here and lose at the Etihad. But you never know.

Think the players will be really up for it.
Laughable how fortunate the Vermin are across multiple seasons now (in terms of injuries) whilst rivals regularly lose up to four and five key players for long periods.
We don't stack up too many injuried players but we always have someone important out. Started the season without Alisson, and now it's Matip.

No wonder we can't keep a clean sheet.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Laughable how fortunate the Vermin are across multiple seasons now (in terms of injuries) whilst rivals regularly lose up to four and five key players for long periods.
My favourite thing on football forums is confirmation bias.

Jamesk24

Supports
Liverpool
I think Ederson will start. Both teams to score in both halves is the bet i'll be doing.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Wow, are there still people out there that think they can have a reasonable discussion with Liverpool fans about luck and/or conspiracy theories? Surely by now you should know balant dives to get penalties are ok, as there was contact! .
Can you identify a blatant dive that won a penalty? Not a controversial one that’s split opinion, but a ‘blatant’ dive?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
My favourite thing on football forums is confirmation bias.
When was the last time your lot lost a key player for more than a 6-7 game stretch? Hell, even a 4-5 game stretch? Alisson and Oxlade-Chamberlain (with the latter in and out of the team since he arrived) are the only ones I can recall in recent seasons. You lot claimed Gomez last year but he can’t even get a game now in a leaky defence so you can’t claim him as a key player. Salah (1-2 games at most), Firmino (ditto), van Dijk (never), Mane (never) etc. etc.

It’s bizarre you take umbrage with the above claim when the evidence is plain to see. City, United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea all suffer far more team-debilitating injuries (both in terms of key personnel affected and the length of the lay-offs) yet only Scousers feel aggrieved when it’s pointed out.

Laughable.

Mr Parker

Supports
Liverpool
All teams experience luck in one shape or another but what matters is how you capitalise on that luck. Getting a soft penalty in the 90th minute when the score is 1-1 gives you the chance to get 3pts instead of 1 and look lucky. Getting a soft penalty on 90 minutes when you're 4-0 down gets you nothing so it's quickly forgotten about. Teams at the top always look the luckiest because they're more often than not one goal away from winning a game or getting a draw. If you spend 90% of the last 10 minutes of a match in your opponents box the chances of you getting a penalty or a late goal are very high. This is not luck.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
When was the last time your lot lost a key player for more than a 6-7 game stretch? Hell, even a 4-5 game stretch? Alisson and Oxlade-Chamberlain (with the latter in and out of the team since he arrived) are the only ones I can recall in recent seasons. You lot claimed Gomez last year but he can’t even get a game now in a leaky defence so you can’t claim him as a key player. Salah (1-2 games at most), Firmino (ditto), van Dijk (never), Mane (never) etc. etc.

It’s bizarre you take umbrage with the above claim when the evidence is plain to see. City, United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea all suffer far more team-debilitating injuries (both in terms of key personnel affected and the length of the lay-offs) yet only Scousers feel aggrieved when it’s pointed out.

Laughable.
You don’t think there’s a chance Liverpool are better at conditioning players? Liverpool took Bayern’s fitness guy and ever since haven’t struggled.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You don’t think there’s a chance Liverpool are better at conditioning players? Liverpool took Bayern’s fitness guy and ever since haven’t struggled.
Not better than City.
We all know Pep's best signing was that Barcelona doctor!!

momo83

Klopp distancing Liverpool from Mbappe saying it’s to expensive a deal.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

Laughable.
Maybe Liverpool are simply better at conditioning players. United’s injuries seem to mostly be muscular which suggests there might be an issue with training. I used to think the same about Wenger and Arsenal.

Look at Pogba. Solskjær played him for a full 90 minutes in a League Cup tie with Rochdale despite him not being 100% and now he’s injured until December. Klopp doesn’t take risks like that.

When Klopp first arrived we did suffer a lot of minor muscular injuries as players tried to adjust to his training methods, but he’s had several years to get it right. Now we don’t get them very often.

momo83

He’s got Madrid written all over him.
Still strange for Klopp to be addressing it. But yeah if Liverpool do win the league then the perfect summer will be scouse fans hyping up Mbappe only for Salah and Mane to leave and Mbappe to go to Barca ( who I think will get him)

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Still strange for Klopp to be addressing it. But yeah if Liverpool do win the league then the perfect summer will be scouse fans hyping up Mbappe only for Salah and Mane to leave and Mbappe to go to Barca ( who I think will get him)
We won the CL and Mane and Salah never left. Though I do think once Real have finally got the Bale monkey off their backs it will free salary money up for Salah who always wanted to play for them. He's not far away from retirement/downward curve so maybe time to take the 160-200m and use it to buy a much younger Mbappe.

Harry Harries

We won the CL and Mane and Salah never left. Though I do think once Real have finally got the Bale monkey off their backs it will free salary money up for Salah who always wanted to play for them. He's not far away from retirement/downward curve so maybe time to take the 160-200m and use it to buy a much younger Mbappe.
The wages Mbappe will demand would throw your current structure completely out of whack. What is he currently on? 300k a week (minimum)? He's going to be looking for a rise on whatever/wherever his next deal is. I can't imagine the powers that be will risk their fairly well-managed financial ecosystem by bringing in a megastar on megastar wages. It would go against everything that has got you to this point.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The wages Mbappe will demand would throw your current structure completely out of whack. What is he currently on? 300k a week (minimum)? He's going to be looking for a rise on whatever/wherever his next deal is. I can't imagine the powers that be will risk their fairly well-managed financial ecosystem by bringing in a megastar on megastar wages. It would go against everything that has got you to this point.
I’m guessing that he meant the next Mbappe, not the actual one as he would never come to Liverpool and would, like you say, blow our wage structure completely. When Mbappe leaves PSG, it will be for Spain.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I didn’t realise he was already 32 +

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty much, the transfer fee wouldn’t be the issue. It’s the fact his wages would completely obliterate everyone else’s and throw our wage structure out completely.

momo83

Ahhh bless... already got excuse for when Salah leaves next summer.. “well at 28 he was about to retire anyways” the “Mbappe” comment I’ll let whatever you was smoking wear off

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Ahhh bless... already got excuse for when Salah leaves next summer.. “well at 28 he was about to retire anyways” the “Mbappe” comment I’ll let whatever you was smoking wear off
Salah is replaceable. Firmino and Mane would be irreplaceable though if Mo left. We always have a knack of getting strikers though as you well know. The machine will keep rolling with Klopp and the system he has running.
No worries.

momo83

Salah is replaceable. Firmino and Mane would be irreplaceable though if Mo left. We always have a knack of getting strikers though as you well know. The machine will keep rolling with Klopp and the system he has running.
No worries.
That will be Klopps next text, the ability to rebuild a squad seamlessly like SAF used to do. And what I think makes him a superior manager to Pep who usually leaves after 3-4 years