Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Then rotate in the semi final too if needed and also rotate in the Fa cup and easier league games. Better to do that then go out. I guess you fear being knocked out by us in the semi?
Imagine if Klopp rotated in a semi-final against Utd or City. He would get absolutely slaughtered. When it gets to that stage unless you're playing very weak opposition (like Burton for example) most managers will go full strength. I should qualify this by saying that by rotation I mean mixing it up with a few kids, few peripheral squad players (Shaqiri etc) and a few first choice players). This is where City have a massive advantage over everyone - rotation to them means 11 players who as Jose said could probably challenge for the title or at least top 4.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Fecking hell, place is getting overrun with Liverpool fans. New ones showing up every week.
It's kind of the same with Utd fans. More and more show up here just to say things like 'LiVARpool' and 'lucky'. Honestly if you skim the forums here, there are more UTD fans discussing Liverpool. Afterall this thread was renamed so early in the season. Not to mention some say certain things that make you wonder whether they have even watched a single game of us playing.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's kind of the same with Utd fans. More and more show up here just to say things like 'LiVARpool' and 'lucky'. Honestly if you skim the forums here, there are more UTD fans discussing Liverpool. Afterall this thread was renamed so early in the season. Not to mention some say certain things that make you wonder whether they have even watched a single game of us playing.
Are you trying to suggest that a Man Utd forum.... Is getting overrun with Man Utd fans?

BillyJoel

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool, Hansa Rostock
:houllier: are you serious with this comment?

Random Task

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fecking hell, place is getting overrun with Liverpool fans. New ones showing up every week.
This happened last year if you recall.

They gradually began to fade away roughly around the same time as Liverpool title aspirations. We can only hope for such luck this time around.

Bulldog United

The bloody cheek of it!
I think they are OK with a few United fans posting here, but they do live in their own world where Liverpool is everyone's second team. Seeing constant criticism of their virtuous football club on here can only be explained by a large number of our fans trolling them.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We aren’t playing particularly well, but we step it up when we need to. We can’t really play full throttle with the amount of games we have and the amount of players that have played in international competitions in the summer. This first part of the season is about managing the fitness levels too, something lijnders alluded to in his most recent interview.

Fabinho is out till February at the earliest you would imagine and Matip has no time scale on his return either. We have to be careful not to let the injuries mount up. We have the squad to play a multitude of ways and whilst I’d prefer clean sheets I’m not going to complain with how we’ve done so far. We’ll see where we’re at come February for the second part of the season.

Random Task

I think they are OK with a few United fans posting here, but they do live in their own world where Liverpool is everyone's second team. Seeing constant criticism of their virtuous football club on here can only be explained by a large number of our fans trolling them.
Whatever happened to good old fashioned banter between rival fans eh?

Marcus

We aren’t playing particularly well, but we step it up when we need to. We can’t really play full throttle with the amount of games we have and the amount of players that have played in international competitions in the summer. This first part of the season is about managing the fitness levels too, something lijnders alluded to in his most recent interview.

Fabinho is out till February at the earliest you would imagine and Matip has no time scale on his return either. We have to be careful not to let the injuries mount up. We have the squad to play a multitude of ways and whilst I’d prefer clean sheets I’m not going to complain with how we’ve done so far. We’ll see where we’re at come February for the second part of the season.
Liverpool can't possibly screw this up. It is unfathomable. You will be comfortable winners. Don't worry. Even if you have an off day, VAR will save the day.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It was reported as 6-8 weeks with a week to go in November, so if he's recovering well he should be able to play again mid-January. "February at the earliest" is quite a pessimistic outlook, although I'd rather not risk him too early of course, the season is still very long.

Ban

How have I missed this, this is so great. :lol:

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool can't possibly screw this up. It is unfathomable. You will be comfortable winners. Don't worry. Even if you have an off day, VAR will save the day.
The bought FA as well. Don't forget them :)
In all honesty though, tough month ahead. Hopefully no more serious injuries.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Ah it was a good run whilst it lasted. They’ve broken Uniteds 26 year record and I never thought that possible. VAR and reffing decisions and the fact that anyone in football is desperate for them to win it takes the shine off it for them but they’ve still a good side and manager. I’ll leave it at that now I’m off to be sick.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What serious injuries and to whom?
Fabinho, Alisson & Matip are or were all injured for at least 8 weeks.

All three are automatic starters when fit, and arguably the best in their positions for us.

Give us sympathy please.

Random Task

All three are automatic starters when fit, and arguably the best in their positions for us.

Give us sympathy please.
They aren't exactly key players though.

Exchange them for any three of Mane, Salah, Firminho or VVD and the impact would be felt.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
They aren't exactly key players though.

Exchange them for any three of Mane, Salah, Firminho or VVD and the impact would be felt.
All three are key players though.

Random Task

Don't talk rubbish, of course they're key players. & just to remind you we scored 3 goals against Barcelona in the 2nd half without Salah, Mane, & Robertson.
Barca crumbled in that second half.

You could have played 3 Emile Heskey clones in place of those you mention and the result would likely be the same.

Paul_Scholes18

Give us sympathy please.
3 injuries in areas you had cover. It is very little. Allison was the biggest blow I guess.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
3 injuries in areas you had cover. It is very little. Allison was the biggest blow I guess.
I think we're a bit short in terms of quality at CB. Matip's been performing at a much higher level than Lovren & Gomez.

We have cover in midfield but Fabinho is much better as a no.6 than Henderson or Wijnaldum.

There's definitely a drop off, similar to how there is with City and Laporte.

Random Task

So we only win matches because of luck, VAR, bent refs, diving, & opposition teams crumbling.
You left out 'key players never getting injured'. Bents refs is a stretch.

Other than that, yes.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
You left out 'key players never getting injured'. Bents refs is a stretch.

Other than that, yes.
So just 4 defeats in our last 80 Premier League games. 97 Points total last season to go along with big ears decorating our trophy cabinet again. & just 2 points dropped out of possible 42 this season. But your reasoning for all this is purely arbitrary, with no foundation at all to back it up.

Paul_Scholes18

I think we're a bit short in terms of quality at CB. Matip's been performing at a much higher level than Lovren & Gomez.

We have cover in midfield but Fabinho is much better as a no.6 than Henderson or Wijnaldum.

There's definitely a drop off, similar to how there is with City and Laporte.
'
The difference between your central defenders is not that big after Van Dijk in my view even if Matip is the best. I think Milner can do that defensive role well too. Although Fabinho is better.

Shamana

Klopp is some manager for sure. Im not a liverpol fan but a klopp fan. If only our red piggy faced accountant hadnt tried to sell old trafford to him as disneyland.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'm pretty sure we'd have kept a lot more clean sheets if we could field all of Alisson, Fabinho and Matip.

Van Dijk and robbo have it comparatively easy these days. Teams have basically given up on attacking down our left. Meanwhile Lovren has to contend with supporting TAA and TAA has to contend with playing next to Lovren.

0le

I don't know if there is a quote of the year but this has to be a contender!

Firmino - £21m
Mane - £30m
Salah £37m

Total - £88m

Credit where it's due. Didn't they realize they could have had one Harry Maguire for £8m cheaper though? :cool:

Fabinho for £40m when you could have had Fred for £50m. You've had a shocker there lads :drool:

:(

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Any chance that Everton could show up tonight and take something from the Vermin? They have performed well recently in the Derby, it has to be said, but unfortunately Liverpool - typically - scabbed late, poxy goals to secure wins.

The last teams to take off Liverpool in the league? United - Everton - United. Let’s hope the trend continues later.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Any chance that Everton could show up tonight and take something from the Vermin? They have performed well recently in the Derby, it has to be said, but unfortunately Liverpool - typically - scabbed late, poxy goals to secure wins.

The last teams to take off Liverpool in the league? United - Everton - United. Let’s hope the trend continues later.
I reckon this will just be the final blow to Marco Silva.

Paul_Scholes18

They have a chance to do something and maybe get a draw. Although a 2-1 Liverpool win after a late goal would be my prediction.

Paul_Scholes18

Hopefully some other teams can help out to stop them.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool

Doesn't matter how shitty Everton looks, they always step up against us.

It never is an easy game. Remember the last time at Anfield? Now, THAT was a lucky goal/win.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
It was great for ourselves and the blue half of Merseyside last season when our two games against the Vermin in the run-in deprived them of the title. It was heaven-sent in its simplicity: Liverpool’s two biggest rivals effectively combined forces to send the title City’s way. The Redshite were absolutely seething. It’s up to the rest of the league to step up now this season, if you ask me. We performed our duties superbly well last season.

Looking at City last night, they are still the best team in England and quite handsomely, too. City usually dominate teams and create 6+ good chances per game and when they drop points, it tends to be when the opposition score two goals from their only two shots on goal in 90 minutes. Quite inexplicably, the exact opposite happens with Liverpool: they regularly escape with victories when they’ve had poor performances and the games have been evenly split. Even when they dominate teams (which has happened very, very rarely this season), they gift opponents chances and paths back into the game but never get unlucky or undeserved results like City do. It’s beyond bizarre and high time that this anomaly started to rectify itself.