Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not a Liverpool fan (very hard to spot the clue beneath the username, I know), I'm just happy to call out shit posters.
And while the increasing Liverpool membership is indeed slightly annoying and I'm okay with the majority of them getting banned if they win the title, obsessed United fans like yourself who spent more time on here spouting drivel about Pool than posting about Utd are just as bad.
Thats a good post by virtue of its honesty. It’s pathetic how many posters of both Liverpool (mostly on Liverpool forums) and United (on here) post absolute rubbish making it blatantly obvious that they are as bitter as f**k of the others success be it past or present. Its actually difficult to have a proper debate due to snide remarks, hyperbole and totally derogatory comments.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm not a Liverpool fan (very hard to spot the clue beneath the username, I know), I'm just happy to call out shit posters.
And while the increasing Liverpool membership is indeed slightly annoying and I'm okay with the majority of them getting banned if they win the title, obsessed United fans like yourself who spent more time on here spouting drivel about Pool than posting about Utd are just as bad.
No one said you were a Liverpool fan my little cherub. We can all see you're a fanatical Bradford and Rostock ultra. Loud and proud. Well done you!

We regards to your credentials to judge my posting quality I'm not particularly sure licking the arseholes of our scouse friends stands you in good stead really. Then again, stranger things and all that. As you are. ;)

TheReligion

Abusive
Thats a good post by virtue of its honesty. It’s pathetic how many posters of both Liverpool (mostly on Liverpool forums) and United (on here) post absolute rubbish making it blatantly obvious that they are as bitter as f**k of the others success be it past or present. Its actually difficult to have a proper debate due to snide remarks, hyperbole and totally derogatory comments.
Here's a thought. Perhaps not join your clubs bitter rivals forum if you want fun debate and interlectual banter.

If you don't like the Caf close your door on the way out.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Its actually difficult to have a proper debate due to snide remarks, hyperbole and totally derogatory comments.
Like feck you are all here for ‘proper debate’. Liverpool fans are here for one reason and one reason only: to gloat and revel in the fact that you are somewhat relevant in the world of football again. We could count on one hand the number of Liverpool posters here in the days of Hodgson, Konchesky and co. but now they are almost as numerous as United posters, ffs!

By the way, I enjoy the fact that there’s rival posters here and they definitely add to this forum’s appeal. But don’t insult our intelligence and masquerade as football discussion-lovers who are here to seek ‘proper debate’. You are here to laugh at United and revel in your club’s recent revival, like you should. Just own it and don’t pretend otherwise.

Ban

Please tell us how to talk here, in Manchester United forum.

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
Like feck you are all here for ‘proper debate’. Liverpool fans are here for one reason and one reason only: to gloat and revel in the fact that you are somewhat relevant in the world of football again. We could count on one hand the number of Liverpool posters here in the days of Hodgson, Konchesky and co. but now they are almost as numerous as United posters, ffs!

By the way, I enjoy the fact that there’s rival posters here and they definitely add to this forum’s appeal. But don’t insult our intelligence and masquerade as football discussion-lovers who are here to seek ‘proper debate’. You are here to laugh at United and revel in your club’s recent revival, like you should. Just own it and don’t pretend otherwise.
Well said indeed. I will admit, my activity has shot up since our fortunes have changed and I do enjoy the occasional Man Utd meltdown amongst yourselves. This does mean not mean I am gloating, but nor does it mean my motives are pure :wenger: .

Ah please do not remind me of the Hodgson Konchesky era. Bloody awful :mad::(

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I joined here in December 2015. We were an up & down side then under Klopp and a million miles away from where we are now. I actually think I’ve posted more in Liverpool/Klopp related posts when we’ve lost games. I’m a weirdo like that.

I might be wrong but United looked like a much better outfit back then even under LVG, compared to Liverpool in the early days of Klopp. I remember us being bullied away to Watford in a game we lost 3-0, and a 2-0 defeat to Newcastle. I still posted here though. I’ve never been bothered about it being a United forum, but then I’m not from Liverpool so maybe that’s why?

BrownRecluse

I like this forum because it’s just a plain good football forum. Lots of good content here and all the Liverpool/other forums are horrible crap.
That being said, I grew up a Liverpool supporter and my brother and his close friends are all United supporters. I’ve always got along with both sets of supporters so the rivalry is healthy, not toxic to me.
As far as United go, you are in a bit of a slump right now but it will undoubtedly get better due to the massive global appeal of the club but there is a lot of administrative work that needs to be done at the top end of the club first.
Bottom line, best forum around. That’s why I like it here.

Acole9

Outstanding
All this chat about them wanting to wear the Club World Cup badge and mocking them for it is making me feel rather uneasy. We were exactly the same when the Premier League told us we couldn't wear it on our shirts. Funny how some people have such short memories.

Paul_Scholes18

I like this forum because it’s just a plain good football forum. Lots of good content here and all the Liverpool/other forums are horrible crap.
That being said, I grew up a Liverpool supporter and my brother and his close friends are all United supporters. I’ve always got along with both sets of supporters so the rivalry is healthy, not toxic to me.
As far as United go, you are in a bit of a slump right now but it will undoubtedly get better due to the massive global appeal of the club but there is a lot of administrative work that needs to be done at the top end of the club first.
Bottom line, best forum around. That’s why I like it here.
Fair play. Got no problem with having you guys around. Don't think anyone has gloated over the wins or anything like that here. It is mostly just good discussion. Most of the negative emotions come from us of course. I guess there is 0 negativity amongst Liverpool player. I guess the only anger would be that Klopp has not tried to add more numbers to the squad in the summer, but he did this window very early.

montpelier

Civilised debate is fine up to a certain point. Which is LFC finally winning the fecking League, really easily, having a Manager who looks like Bingo out of Banana Splits, very Cheaty forwards and being lauded as a combination of the 1950s Hungary team and 1982 Brazilians.

And VAR obviously.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
No one said you were a Liverpool fan my little cherub. We can all see you're a fanatical Bradford and Rostock ultra. Loud and proud. Well done you!

We regards to your credentials to judge my posting quality I'm not particularly sure licking the arseholes of our scouse friends stands you in good stead really. Then again, stranger things and all that. As you are. ;)
Sure mate, that makes your joke about me being the father of new joining Liverpool fans even worse than it already was.

Yes, my goal is definitely to please Liverpool fans on here, you can check my history of posts on here that I don't give a shit about them. Maybe consider that it was actually your obsession with them that made me wrote the remark, you already spammed the match day thread with the badge remarks.
United did wear the badge in non PL matches in 2008, but I'm not surprised that you seem oblivious to that given that you care more about Liverpool.

GiddyUp

Is there an easier 6 points or progression in a cup in world football other than Liverpool v Everton? It's fecking guaranteed every season.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Is there an easier 6 points or progression in a cup in world football other than Liverpool v Everton? It's fecking guaranteed every season.
It’s weird because I still get nervous playing them yet we keep beating them. Same anxiousness as playing united except that united always take points off us at the world possible time. They have ruined many seasons and stopped our momentum in so many seasons.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sure mate, that makes your joke about me being the father of new joining Liverpool fans even worse than it already was.

Yes, my goal is definitely to please Liverpool fans on here, you can check my history of posts on here that I don't give a shit about them. Maybe consider that it was actually your obsession with them that made me wrote the remark, you already spammed the match day thread with the badge remarks.
United did wear the badge in non PL matches in 2008, but I'm not surprised that you seem oblivious to that given that you care more about Liverpool.
I''m as obsessed with Liverpool as you are with me. Following me around the forum like a little lap dog. I don't want to check your posting history as I have much better things to do and it's likely they'll be a pretty boring and uneventful read. The forum is spammed with all sorts of shite so I find it bizarre you take particular exception to me baiting the scouse over their fecking shirt badges.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
It’s weird because I still get nervous playing them yet we keep beating them. Same anxiousness as playing united except that united always take points off us at the world possible time. They have ruined many seasons and stopped our momentum in so many seasons.
I remember us getting a couple of draws before which was annoying, but in the past couple of years I don't think we've not won? Today was bad for them though, I thought we were going to lose looking at the lineups, but somehow we managed to win. As much as our youth were good, Everton were truly bad. They really should've been a goal up at least by half-time. I had a chuckle come full-time but it really must suck being a Toffee tonight.

GiddyUp

We are certainly your boogey team alright. In Everton's case they could be up 3 goals on you guys in the 89th and I'd still have no problem putting a tenner on Liverpool to get points.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
You get nervous for a good reason. They put big dents in our title chances with draws in the 09,14,19 seasons.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
You get nervous for a good reason. They put big dents in our title chances with draws in the 09,14,19 seasons.
We beat them home and away in 14, the Rafa season squad depth and draws killed us. Last season and this we should have played a lot better but seemed to freeze there.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
Here's a thought. Perhaps not join your clubs bitter rivals forum if you want fun debate and interlectual banter.

If you don't like the Caf close your door on the way out.
But isn’t that what is supposed to be good about this forum; that in principle it allows rival fans to debate. Unfortunately the reality seems not to be !

M16Red

Watched the Everton game last night, poor finishing from Everton the game should have been closed at half-time.

The love in today in the media is a weird, but hey that's football.

Marcus

I have never seen a club progress so relentlessly to the title like Liverpool. Hopefully, this is just a freak once in a lifetime event.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool

I dont post a lot on here but I can tell you that I have never posted here to gloat or revel at our renaissance or to laugh at united’s demise. My post history will prove that. As for proper debate, it seems like that the cherry on the tin of theses forums conceals mostly bitter fare.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
We beat them home and away in 14, the Rafa season squad depth and draws killed us. Last season and this we should have played a lot better but seemed to freeze there.
Wasn't it a 3-3 draw at their place in 2014? Sturridge with a last minute equaliser.

We don't lose to them but we don't usually walk over them every time. Plus, for me, it's been that long since we lost that every derby I get nervous purely thinking they must be due a win surely. That's how ill go into the Goodison one in March, especially now we've beat them twice and they have something to prove.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
Nope. We drew 3-3 at Goodison with a last minute Sturridge equaliser. Lukaku scored a brace for them. Mirallas should have been seen a straight red.

Edit: Haha I see DoubleDinhos beat me to it.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
In the 1976-77 season Liverpool played Norwich at home (& won) in our first league game of the season. In the 2019- 2020 season Liverpool played Norwich at home (& won) in our first league game of the season.

In the 1976-77 season Man City finished runners-up to league winners Liverpool. In the 2019-2020 season Man City currently lie in 3rd placed, 14 points behind league leaders Liverpool.

In the 1976-77 season Aston Villa scored 5 goals against Liverpool at Villa Park. In the 2019-2020 season Aston Villa scored 5 goals against Liverpool at Villa Park.

In the 1976-77 season Liverpool knocked Everton out of the FA Cup. In the 2019-2020 season Liverpool knock Everton out of the FA Cup.

Oh, & in the 1976-77 season Liverpool won the European Cup.................To be continued ????

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Wasn't it a 3-3 draw at their place in 2014? Sturridge with a last minute equaliser.

We don't lose to them but we don't usually walk over them every time. Plus, for me, it's been that long since we lost that every derby I get nervous purely thinking they must be due a win surely. That's how ill go into the Goodison one in March, especially now we've beat them twice and they have something to prove.
Nope. We drew 3-3 at Goodison with a last minute Sturridge equaliser. Lukaku scored a brace for them. Mirallas should have been seen a straight red.

Edit: Haha I see DoubleDinhos beat me to it.
Apologies guys I thought we were talking about United my bad hahahahaha

TheReligion

Abusive
But isn’t that what is supposed to be good about this forum; that in principle it allows rival fans to debate. Unfortunately the reality seems not to be !
You should have tried being around in the old days. The forum is massively tolerant to opposition fans now (possibly too much so but that's subjective I guess). There's even a number of mods/scouts who aren't United fans and help run the forum. In my opinion some oppo fans here get away with murder which is why the likes of myself and others like to keep you in check by giving you a bit of shit. You lot aren't top of the food chain here and rightly so. If that doesn't sit right then try RAWK or somewhere else (you won't though as most of you get a kick out of being here whilst you're doing well and United are struggling). Anyway it's nothing personal. I've lived the majority of my life watching United win the lot and accept these things move in cycles. It's your turn for the time being but it won't last forever. Still think you're all cnuts mind! :)

do.ob

In the 1976-77 season Liverpool played Norwich at home (& won) in our first league game of the season. In the 2019- 2020 season Liverpool played Norwich at home (& won) in our first league game of the season.

In the 1976-77 season Man City finished runners-up to league winners Liverpool. In the 2019-2020 season Man City currently lie in 3rd placed, 14 points behind league leaders Liverpool.

In the 1976-77 season Aston Villa scored 5 goals against Liverpool at Villa Park. In the 2019-2020 season Aston Villa scored 5 goals against Liverpool at Villa Park.

In the 1976-77 season Liverpool knocked Everton out of the FA Cup. In the 2019-2020 season Liverpool knock Everton out of the FA Cup.

Oh, & in the 1976-77 season Liverpool won the European Cup.................To be continued ????
Time is a flat circle!!

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I''m as obsessed with Liverpool as you are with me. Following me around the forum like a little lap dog. I don't want to check your posting history as I have much better things to do and it's likely they'll be a pretty boring and uneventful read. The forum is spammed with all sorts of shite so I find it bizarre you take particular exception to me baiting the scouse over their fecking shirt badges.
You were constantly rambling in the matchday thread and when I opened the Liverpool thread you were already on it again. That's not me following you around, it's just your shit posts stand out.
But it's great to see that you admit to posting rubbish and are only able to respond with "Wah wah, you're obsessed with me" drivel.

TheReligion

Abusive
You were constantly rambling in the matchday thread and when I opened the Liverpool thread you were already on it again. That's not me following you around, it's just your shit posts stand out.
But it's great to see that you admit to posting rubbish and are only able to respond with "Wah wah, you're obsessed with me" drivel.
You don't make many posts so it's flattering, even if a tad creepy, you're choosing to dedicate so many to me and my shit posts.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Next round matches are scheduled for between 24th - 27th Jan.
We have PL matches against Wolves on 23rd and West Ham on 29th. Hope we get a piss easy draw as we are going to play the kids again for sure.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't get this opposition to wearing the World Club Cup badge, pretty much ever other league allows it.

The EPL really is on another level of snobbiness that they won't allow someone to have a badge other than the EPLs own.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

Indeed, like feck you are all here for ‘proper debate’. United fans are in this thread for one reason and one reason only: to goad and distract from the fact that Liverpool are somewhat relevant in the world of football again. We could count on one hand the number of United posters here who acknowledge the genuine brilliance of Liverpool.

By the way, I enjoy the fact that there’s rival posters here and they definitely add to this forum’s appeal. But don’t insult our intelligence and masquerade as football discussion-lovers who are here to seek ‘proper debate’. You are here to undermine Liverpool at every turn, like you should. Just own it and don’t pretend otherwise.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It used to be that nothing wound me up more than losing to Everton.

Starting to forget what that's like though.

NoLogo

I have never seen a club progress so relentlessly to the title like Liverpool. Hopefully, this is just a freak once in a lifetime event.
I'm afraid that their money ball owners have actually found a way to apply this very same system to football somehow. Most of their transfers seem to have been spot on despite the occasional player that didn't work out, be it through injuries or just not making it, they seem to have found one piece of the puzzle after the other and that for me includes hiring Klopp.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
I'm afraid that their money ball owners have actually found a way to apply this very same system to football somehow. Most of their transfers seem to have been spot on despite the occasional player that didn't work out, be it through injuries or just not making it, they seem to have found one piece of the puzzle after the other and that for me includes hiring Klopp.
Hiring Klopp is the piece of the puzzle which made us successful again, I don't think they've had that much influence on our transfer business which is mostly done by Michael Edwards. I think they hit the jackpot with Klopp and we could just as easily fall back to the status of another top 4 contender once he calls it a day, unless their next hiring is once again spot on.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
When George Graham came into Arsenal he began recruiting very shrewdly (Dixon, Winterburn, Bould, Smith) and he quickly saw the benefit.
Similarly when Arsene Wenger came in a decade later he brought in (Viera, Anelka, Overmars, Petit, Henry, Ljundberg) and he built one of the greatest sides ever seen in England.
Ferguson when he first came to United brought in (Bruce, McClair, Hughes, Ince, Irwin) and through cup wins built the basis for sustained success.
Howard Kendall first period at Everton saw him bring in (Sheedy, Reid, Bracewell, Steven, Southall) etc all superb players and brought in for pittance.
Similarly Klopp has recruited brilliantly (Mane, Salah, Robertson, Van Dijk, Alisson, Wijnaldum) etc. In fairness to Klopp he showed an ability to work with what he inherited when he guided the side to two cup finals inside his first 7 months.
Klopp was very shrewd in his first press conference. He talked about taking the back pack of history off the player's backs. Releasing them from the obsession with winning the league again. Wilkinson did a similar thing at Leeds by taking down all the pictures of the Don Revie era. That era was past and he felt, rightly, that Leeds needed to move on or be forever trapped in a time warp.

Ultimately a manager's success or otherwise is dependent on his recruitment and the extent to which he is backed. Klopp, like Ferguson, had a record of breaking a monopoly in a league. He had also brought Dortmund to a European final. Moyes was never going to succeed at Old Trafford. He was too deferential to Ferguson. It took Van Gaal to grasp the nettles Moyes didn't. Ultimately LVG's recruitment wasn't what it should have been but at least he tried to bring United into a new era. Moyes won nothing as a manager and wasn't a player of note. Asking a manager who never won a trophy to succeed the most successful manager in the English game was a farcical thing to do. At least when Kenny took over at Anfield back in 1985 he was a world class player.

TheReligion

Abusive
Indeed, like feck you are all here for ‘proper debate’. United fans are in this thread for one reason and one reason only: to goad and distract from the fact that Liverpool are somewhat relevant in the world of football again. We could count on one hand the number of United posters here who acknowledge the genuine brilliance of Liverpool.

By the way, I enjoy the fact that there’s rival posters here and they definitely add to this forum’s appeal. But don’t insult our intelligence and masquerade as football discussion-lovers who are here to seek ‘proper debate’. You are here to undermine Liverpool at every turn, like you should. Just own it and don’t pretend otherwise.
The pure arrogance as if it's your forum and United fans are guests who should be here to acknowledge how well you're doing currently. Jesus wept. :lol:

Just remember, you're all guests here for as long as the mods tolerate your WUMing. Fully expect, and can't wait for, true colours to be revealed come May and a mass banning take place. The mask of some of you all continues to slip from time to time and a fair few are definitely on your last legs..

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Keita's expected to be out for another 4 weeks with a groin injury. The guy is made of biscuits.