Manchester United wins - 67
    Liverpool wins - 55
    Draws - 44

Pre Match Pressers

José Mourinho

Jürgen Klopp

Team News

Manchester United

Bastian Schweinsteiger and Phil Jones ruled out.

Liverpool

Joe Gomez and Mamadou Sakho ruled out. Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne, Adam Lallana and Georginio Wijnaldum doubtful.

Know the opposition

Liverpool FC (nicknamed The Reds) are an English professional football club based in Liverpool, England; and were originally founded in 1892 as Everton Football Club and Athletic Grounds Company plc, before finalizing on the name Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Ltd after a dispute between the Everton FC board and John Houlding (the owner of Everton's former premise at Anfield Road). One of the most successful and storied clubs in the history of European football, Liverpool have won 18 English league titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, and 8 League Cups, peaking in the 1970s and 1980s, first under the enigmatic Bill Shankly, and then his 'Boot Room' successors. Although Liverpool's fortunes as a domestic and European force have dwindled in the past 25 seasons, they still have a massive global support-base; and share two fierce historic rivalries - with crosstown rivals Everton FC (The Merseyside Derby), and Manchester United (who ironically rose back into consistent title-winning prominence as Liverpool declined).

Referee

Anthony Taylor.​

Count Orduck

We're gonna get destroyed. Their team will be well up for it, the atmosphere will be incredible, and we'll be atrocious. I expect Rooney and Fellaini to start, and it'll finish 4-0 or 5-0 to Liverpool.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
    We will loose this spectacularly, which tells all about where we are at as a team at the moment.

There are more talent in Martial, Pogba and Rashfords curry shits than their entire team combined. Still they play like Barcelona while we hump around doing our best Yeowil Town impression.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
    I'm going to bury my head in the sand before this game.

We are truly going to get battered.

Von Mistelroum

Liverpool this season ate a team of battlers. We're a team of bottlers.....pretty clear what's going to happen.

They play with pace, power and passion despite not having the best players, we have great players but play lethargic, weak passion-free football. I think it'll be pretty awful :(

BIGbadBOO4

We will get destroyed. After all the money we have spent that is a disgrace.
    Add to that we have a far better squad than Liverpool, perhaps shows something is rotten at United.
    What have we done to deserve these last few years.

Count Orduck

Stop spouting crap like that.
    It's hardly crap. Take off the rose-tinted glasses for a moment. Liverpool are playing significantly better than us at the moment, have a very recent history of taking big teams apart in big games, and their crowd will be on fire. Sure, you can think we'll put up a good defensive display and emerge victorious, but saying those who think we'll lose badly are talking "crap" is just arrogant meaningless nonsense.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
    Better get the fecking double decker bus out and hope for a 0-0 or a jammy 0-1 win.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
    Supports
    Liverpool
    Excited for this one. Hopefully Lallana, Lovren and Clyne (all missing international duty with injuries) will be fit by the time this game comes about. I feel like there's more pressure on United to win this based on how the last few games have gone for both sides. I don't like to make score predictions before these games but I'm confident we can pick up the win if we're on our game.

Set pieces are a big concern though.

kidbob

Press them and they're there for the taking. People forget their own defensive worries. They certainly have the capability to take us apart but if we fight them with tempo and fire their players aren't exactly Iniesta under pressure either.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    If we create the same amount of chances as we did today no way will it finish 1-1. My biggest fear is their attack but there was nothing from today's game which indicated we'll be thrashed, the meltdown is ridiculous

Raw

I'd easily take a draw, these guys can rip a team to shreds when they're on top. Plus they seem to love the big games.

JeffBoomTetris

An Anfield game. They'll be up for it. If they start strong and press us off the park(like City), then it'll be a massacre. At least 3 goals. But, their defense can be gotten at. So maybe we can nick a goal.

I have gone 3-1 to Liverpool

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    3 points and no less. Don't give a feck about it being at Anfield. We've dropped too many silly points already and can't afford to let Liverpool nor City widen the gap. Hope Mou goes out to win and not park the bus like he was criticised for in big games during his Chelsea reign.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Will be a tight game. Play to the same intensity and performance levels like we did for most of today and I'd fancy us to win. Liverpool is very good this season though, especially in big games, so it will be a tough. After drawing today though a win would be huge.
    I would go for (but no chance of seeing it):

De gea
    Valencia Smalling Bailly Blind
    Carrick
    Herrera Pogba
    Mkhitaryan Ibra Martial​

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    We haven't been playing badly. Daft to think we'll get rolled over. We just need to put the ball in the net.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    We have to win. feck some useless draw that becomes irrelevant when we lose to Chelsea a week later. Win and try and get a run-going.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
    Supports
    Liverpool
    Be interesting to see how you line up in midfield , if Pogba stays forward and doesn't track back you may have problems containing our attack.
    Herrera should have been suspended after that challenge today.

togg

I think we will have a better chance of beating Chelsea than Liverpool! Anyway, I think Liverpool are going to go for the jugular, 3-1 to them is my prediction and Caf will go into meltdown :smirk:

Hed Zitin

Don't think we'll see the ball much. We'll either be in our own half or pressed off the ball to death. We're hardly the greatest counter attacking side.

I don't see us winning.

AXVnee7

Don't agree with all the pessimism in here. If anything them coming after us can work in our favour, Rashford and Martial are very dangerous on the counter. They didn't exactly blow Swansea away yesterday and were lucky to get their win. The most important thing is that we come in with the desire, hunger and strong mental attitude; and then we stand a great chance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 65% of 746 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 565 ratings.

Score Predictions