Kick-off
Sun, 19 January 2020 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

De Gea has had some great games against Pool over the years. Hopefully he can have a big game again and save us. Was a long time since that did happen sadly.

The 1-0 against them under LVG against Klopp was great. Totally outplayed and then getting a late winner from a corner. Would love that to happen again.

Dve

-----------------DeGea----------------

Bissaka - Lindeløf - Maguire

Dalot - Fred - Matic - Williams

James - Greenwood - Martial

(or James - Martial - Rashford)

Owngoalscorer

We will buy Bruno during the night and he will land at John Lennon airport at 15h30 already dressed in Utd kit - he comes on at 60 mins as a sub for Lingard, scores four including a 45m screamer and we end up winning 5-0 after a last min own goal by Mané.

Cockney Phil

It’s easy to forget how long they haven’t been a decent side or how long ago Slippy did his thing.
    People used denigrate us when we won ‘prems’ against poor competition and their rants against Eric.
    once again the Scouse press gears up for glory....
    Dippers 0-2 United.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    I have a massive doubt with our mentality this season, I don’t see us beating or even getting a draw in English version of El Classico at Anfield. You have to be well ready and prepared mentally to get a point in there in such a massive pressure match.

However, if we pull it off then massive credit to the players. It can be a great sign for potential winning mentality in the future.

Strelok

I think Rashford will play. We need him, he’ll have injections to deal with the pain.
    Really bad idea tbh.

No Rashford, no Pogba, no McT and away at Anfield this very moment. It's gonna be tough.

Cantonagotmehere

Really bad idea tbh.

No Rashford, no Pogba, no McT and away at Anfield this very moment. It's gonna be tough.
    Agreed, you cannot risk Rashford.

If and buts and all that, but would be fun to see how United would do with McT / Pogba/ Fred midfield and James(Greenwood) / Martial / Rashford up front. Still behind them but would be fun to see.

NJM78

I think Liverpool will win this comfortably unfortunately. We will park the bus for sure but I think we will still ship a fair few. 3-1 or 4-1.

Hughes35

I'd like to see

-------------------------De Gea-------------------------
    AWB-------Lindelof--------Maguire--------Williams
    --------------------Matic------------Fred ------------------------
    James-----------------Mata-------------Rashford
    ---------------------------Martial--------------------------

Tactics to sit deep, frustrate and then hit them with pace on the wings. Mata to drop deep, get on the ball and put quick passes to the runners. James, Rashford (If fit) and Fred do have the legs to get up and down for 90 minutes. We don't need a lot of possession but we do need a bit of luck.

If Rashford doesn't play then i'd play Dalot instead. It would be more defensive but I don't see another option. Greenwood to come off the bench if the game is tight.

Really looking forward to see how Williams copes in such a big game against TAA and Salah. Will be a real challenge for him but I think he has the engine and tenacity to handle it.

When writing these teams it really highlights how bad the team / squad is.

Edit - Or I'd play Williams as the winger with Shaw as LB.

Devil may care

If Rashford isn't fit to play I think it'll be Pereira on the left and James on the right with Mata in the 10. I know this doesn't seem like the ideal game for Mata but he's in a bit of form and has the experience to deal with the situation, where as I am not sure I would throw Mason straight in and Lingard simply hasn't warranted it with his recent performances.

zenith

With Chelsea losing and no one expecting us to win, this essentially becomes a free hit for us. Hope that is how we go and play

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
    I think we're gonna get smashed unfortunately. I have this poster hanging in my garage. I see this everyday I get out of my car when I come home. How many fecking legends were on that squad? All those personalities and winners... makes me sad when I think how far we've dropped. :( Sorry a little drunk and melancholy.

Jacob

I think we're gonna get smashed unfortunately. I have this poster hanging in my garage. I see this everyday I get out of my car when I come home. How many fecking legends were on that squad? All those personalities and winners... makes me sad when I think how far we've dropped. :( Sorry a little drunk and melancholy.
    Loads of rotten players in there too. The good ones aged and we failed with replacing them.

Andersonson

We're gonna get pounded, the Ole thread Will get even more toxic and RAWK will laugh at us as we did to them.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Really bad idea tbh.

Its been no Pogba for a lifetime now. Is that guy still a footballer? I don’t even count him as an absentee now, he left the club about 10 minutes into Southampton away back in August. I don’t imagine he would bring much to the party on a day like today anyway, rarely ever did.

Josh 76

I'd like to see

AWB-------Lindelof--------Maguire--------Williams
    James-----------------Mata-------------Rashford

Tactics to sit deep, frustrate and then hit them with pace on the wings. Mata to drop deep, get on the ball and put quick passes to the runners. James, Rashford (If fit) and Fred do have the legs to get up and down for 90 minutes. We don't need a lot of possession but we do need a bit of luck.

If Rashford doesn't play then i'd play Dalot instead. It would be more defensive but I don't see another option. Greenwood to come off the bench if the game is tight.

Really looking forward to see how Williams copes in such a big game against TAA and Salah. Will be a real challenge for him but I think he has the engine and tenacity to handle it.

When writing these teams it really highlights how bad the team / squad is.

Edit - Or I'd play Williams as the winger with Shaw as LB.
    Interesting shout about playing Willams further forward and Shaw at left back.
    Will defo make us more solid.

Eleven-Eighteen

I've gotta say Liverpool away is the most anticipated and nerve racking game for me all season. Probably more than an FA final even. I've been pumped for like 2 days straight. GETT feckING IN

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    We’ve got to go 5 at the back, man for man on their front 3 and leaving our wing backs to mark TAA and Robertson. If we nullify the full backs we might get something, if not it could be a massacre.

I think team is less important than tactics and setup today, need everyone drilled and fully concentrated for the full 90, we saw what happened when we played at home, switched off for a minute and we conceded.

Fully expect us to get beat comfortably so anything more than that is a bonus. Hopefully we don’t roll over and show our soft side and if we do get beat, it’s a close run.

ManRed

Intensity and aggression will have to be of the higest order today. Spurs showed last week in second half that if you take the game to Liverpool you have a chance.

If Rashford is out we should play 3-5-2

De Gea
    AWB - Maguire - Lindelof
    James - Matic - Fred - Williams
    Andreas
    Greenwood - Martial

Nickelodeon

I think we'll go with 3 at the back and I have a feeling that Bailly might be involved today. There was no reason for Ole to actually mention him specifically about 4-5 days back that he would be ready for Liverpool when we have a clear first choice CB partnership.

AWB-------Bailly-------Lindelof--------Maguire--------Williams
    James-----------------------------Rashford/Mata

I hope he doesn't start Lingard or Pereira. Pereira is an absolute liability as he showed against City while Lingard is just what he is.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    I expect us to get over run and lose but am hoping for a battling performance. Don't go and do an Everton and just lay down and die.

If Lingard is in the 11 im not going to watch. Ill literally turn off the TV.

There is absolutely no reason for him to play.

El Zoido

If Rashford is out we’ll find it very tough. Just Liverpool’s luck for Kane to get injured the week before they play Spurs, and Rashford to get injured the week before they play United.

The Urban Goose

We'll win the second half.

ETA I won't be surprised to see Rashford starting, we had a similar "DDG is out" thing before we played them at OT.

Judas

Open to offers
    Honestly I can't remember going into a game against Liverpool with so much certainty that we'll lose ever. With a fully fit squad, I'd be quietly confident of getting a result, but with what we can put out there today, I don't give us much hope.

I don't think it'll be total hammering though.

Rajma

Have a bad feeling about this, think we’ll dominate them but fail to capitalise as they score from their only two attacks.

fergiesarmy1

Honestly I can't remember going into a game against Liverpool with so much certainty that we'll lose ever. With a fully fit squad, I'd be quietly confident of getting a result, but with what we can put out there today, I don't give us much hope.

I don't think it'll be total hammering though.
    Last season with Jose? I was absolutely certain to the point where I didn’t watch a united v Liverpool for the first time since I started supporting united intentionally.

BlackBen

We may lose but I don’t really believe we’ll get trashed. I’m going for a draw.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
    Absolutely buzzing, always am for this game, but don't expect anything more than a crushing defeat.
    Still we are the perennial game raisers now:devil:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 83% of 325 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 318 ratings.