Kick-off
Sun, 19 January 2020 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

montpelier

AWB ought to find Pereira for 1 each for me.

And it's a foul on the GK all day long. But he's crap under the high ball with competition for it.

Schmeichel=God

Do you know I don't think we're doing too bad. This is after all the runaway leaders of the league and we're calling for the heads of everyone as if we should be coasting it. Given where we're at as a club that's relatively akin to expecting the team that played Barcelona in those CL finals to have 4-0'd it.

I think we're coping rather well with Liverpool's high press despite having no one drop to collect the ball off the CB's and 2 DM's. In previous years we have looked absolutely disgraceful when pressed.

Meanwhile, our attempting to Geggenpress at any time we don't have the ball is looking exactly like a game of PES (for those that play it)....pressing X and Square and being savagely punished as they turn into the best version of Barcelona the world has ever seen, perfectly 1-2'ing you to death even when it makes no sense.

Withnail

It's a bit of a joke that our saviours supposedly meant to be Rashford. He's good but he'd be a sub in this pool side. Ours is just a jumble of a available players, theirs is their actual first XI that won a CL last year.
    He's outscored all of their players so far this season so that's a bit of a strange take.

Andersons Dietician

so is everyone just ignoring Gomez having hold of Maguire around the waist and arm preventing him from jumping early? mind you, it is still weak but still contributed to the goal.
    To be fare Maguire can’t really talk as we were lucky nothing got said or done when he was hauling VVD back when they were competing at the back post and it went for a corner.

Had a hold of his shirt for an age.

Ace of Spades

More crap news
    Uh, forget that game, it looks like he should have been rested a lot earlier. No surprise that a lack of depth has fecked us completely.

And Woodward is still penny pinching when we are in dire need of reinforcement.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
    Supports
    Liverpool
    It was a foul by VVD and poor goalkeeping by De Gea at the same time.

justboy68

Souness and Keane know what they want the rules to be, not what they actually are. Feel sorry for Evra being ganged up on when he's actually right.

Walters_19_MuFc

He is right , the goal should have stood , we are lucky it did not.

Grow to feck up , a lot of ye alike a bunch of 10 year olds , crying constantly about the ref been biased and moaning when someone like Neville or Keane points out the obvious.
    Wrongly or rightly, the keepers get those all the time. Don't see why that shouldn't be the case today.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I dunno how they can argue it wasn't a foul :lol:

When DDG is in the air, he can't control his body as he isn't firm on the ground.
    Van Djik didn't touch the ball, so even if he was attempting to get the ball, he didn't.

When he hits into DDG, he gets pushed back and what would have been a catch, isn't anymore...
    If you jump in the air and I push you, even gently, you'll move, as you don't have any control
    Aye, VVD is jumping into DGG with his back to him. He clearly has no intention of winning the ball so it has to be a foul.

Carra and his cronnies will argue otherwise of course.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
    There are just too many players in this team that aren't good enough. They clearly see the passes but their either too scared or too bad to make them. They end up taking three touches, turning over possession and we get punished for it almost every time. It's not just today. It's against your Villas, your Watfords, we are just not good enough. Squad needs totally dismantling. The forwards alone are at an acceptable level.
    The quality of our squad is poor, but a lot of our issues come from poor coaching. We repeat the same fecking mistakes game after game. Why aren’t they ironed out on the training ground?

Superunknown

It's a bit of a joke that our saviours supposedly meant to be Rashford. He's good but he'd be a sub in this pool side. Ours is just a jumble of a available players, theirs is their actual first XI that won a CL last year.
    Agree with most of this. We really look like a second string side.

Hoof the ball

Key points for us.

- James lacked the quality to put that early cross to hitMartial on the run and it'd be a clear chance.
    - Martial made a delightful run from the left behind his full-back, if James could pass it between a huge space, Martial is through on goal. As above.
    - A better cut back by AWB and Pereira gets to that.

Easily could be three goals, but unfortunately, it's the end quality that makes a difference.

General play is something difference. We don't have a coaching system that knows how to handle a high press.

ChaddyP

I just don’t understand why Ole put him on against Wolves knowing the Liverpool game was next.
    because we can lose to liverpool and make top 4 but cant lose to wolves and have a chance of winning the FA cup. I would have done the same thing

Superden

On danish TV, they just showed how Gomes was holding Maguire so he couldn't get to the ball Van Dijk headed in.
    Lots of good teams use blocking runs, decoys and other tactics to improve chances of scoring from corners. We just try and smash in the vague direction of Maguire's slabhead.

Dorian Gray

Supports
    Liverpool
    Referee just giving the smaller club a chance against the club. Should be at least 2-0.

HJ12

Grow to feck up , a lot of ye alike a bunch of 10 year olds , crying constantly about the ref been biased and moaning when someone like Neville or Keane points out the obvious.
    Are you serious? If it's allowed here then fine, allow it in other games as well, but it's constantly being called in the keepers favour in other games so why should we be treated differently?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
    Supports
    Liverpool
    How can anyone argue that wasn’t a foul on De Gea? That’s as blatant as it gets.

OldTrevil

Funny seeing people telling off Neville during the game, silver lining for me is I don't have to suffer that cnuts commentary and punditry.

DickDastardly

Are all ex players bar Evra complete morons or is it me?!

Trying too hard to be unbiased.

Sir Alex should get them all together in a dressing room and give them a rinse.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Based on these arguments, as long as your going for the ball it should never be a foul... So if someone goes for a fair tackle, misses the ball and knocks the other bloke over, that's not a foul... Because he's tried to win the ball right? Doesn't matter that he's tripped him up.

Flying high

The most disappointing thing for me about United for so many years now is how we get bullied. It really infuriated me that we’re not up for the fight.
    Rashford, McT and Pogba would certainly have helped in that regard.

0le

Key points for us.

- James lacked the quality to put that early cross to hitMartial on the run and it'd be a clear chance.
    - Martial made a delightful run from the left behind his full-back, if James could pass it between a huge space, Martial is through on goal. As above.
    - A better cut back by AWB and Pereira gets to that.

Easily could be three goals, but unfortunately, it's the end quality that makes a difference.

General play is something difference. We don't have a coaching system that knows how to handle a high press.
    To be fair on the final point, given the league standings, it seems very few clubs know how to.

arthurka

Fred absolute taken out...Pawson...plays on. Massively influenced by the crowd. As weak a ref you’ll see.
    Then he gives a foul when Maguire puts pressure on Firmino and Williams wins the ball. But Henderson sends Fred flying without being anywhere near the ball nothing given. Absolutely useless ref.

OldSchoolManc

Is Evra the first pundit to ever stand his ground with Keane? I've seen Neville, Carragher, Souness and Redknapp all capitulate.
    Keane talking shite. One of the most blatant fouls I’ve seen on a keeper. Went in with his arms up and knocked into him.
    Evra had the best argument there... "erm, guys... Its a fecking foul"

And he's bloody right, he doesn't even need to argue such an obvious point.
    Behave lad. That's given as a foul week in week out and has been for years. Nothing new.
    Evra proving to be a bigger legend than Roy, even though I love Roy. ‘Shut up man!’
    Foul on any other keeper other than De Gea

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Evra checking Souness glass to see if

Oh come on! VVD is a huge threat in the air, even us fecking armchair football experts know this. How the feck have they prepared for this? feck off!
    Hm, let me see...maybe, just maybe; coach decides to put our best player in air to mark him??

eire-red

Souness is such a clown as usual. Even when he's right, he just has such a sour way of making his point.

In all honesty though, was that a foul? To me VVD was never going to win that and jumps into De Gea, making contact and not getting anywhere near the ball. I can't see how it's not a foul?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Back for more punishment

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 83% of 325 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 318 ratings.