Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

balaks

Supports
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Superb is bit much for a draw. We are not Sheffield. Given their current situation we have a huge opportunity. A win, now that would be superb.
    Nobody has won at Anfield for aggggeeeeeees. A draw is a good result.

cyberman

Point taken. You're right. I should probably avoid the caf in that case. :lol: :lol:

Well, we need to differentiate between the standards we expect vs the reality of the situation. I desperately want to beat them, but I am realistic about our chances.

Sadly, Clattenburg is not the referee for this match.

Well, if you're gonna dismiss Liverpool's points haul, then we can also dismiss United's points haul as well. Not to mention they did it with 2 central midfielders in defence.

We underestimate Liverpool at our own peril. They are not a shit team. And I would not presume we are title contenders until we've played more games. We're not even halfway yet. It is encouraging that we've closed the gap somewhat, though.
    Nobody is underestimating them, its just this idea that we overly respect them for their past achievements when this side isnt half of what they were.
    Its ok to say we should be favourites for this game. If we arent favourites right now then no side will ever be at Anfield.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
    Supports
    Liverpool
    Nobody is underestimating them, its just this idea that we overly respect them for their past achievements when this side isnt half of what they were.
    Its ok to say we should be favourites for this game. If we arent favourites right now then no side will ever be at Anfield.
    You aren't favourites.

Bookie odds are 1.96 vs 3.70 at the moment as well. I honestly can't remember the last game that Liverpool weren't favourites at home. You'd probably have to go back to a game against City in 2017 or something like that.

cyberman

You aren't favourites.

Bookie odds are 1.96 vs 3.70 at the moment as well. I honestly can't remember the last game that Liverpool weren't favourites at home. You'd probably have to go back to a game against City in 2017 or something like that.
    Of course bookies arent going to make us favourites at Anfield? Not against a team with that record.
    I just think we are and its not a wild idea. There will be one team adjusting their side to the other and its not the side coming in top of the table, unbeaten away from home in a year.
    Id be shocked if we lose on Sunday. It would need Liverpool grabbing something that they havent shown since lockdown and for us to fall a level or 2 below than what we're performing at.
    To stop our attack a side needs to be at the top of their form or defend very deep. Liverpool cant do either 1 and even then low blocks arent keeping us out anymore.

Red Royal

Of course bookies arent going to make us favourites at Anfield? Not against a team with that record.
    I just think we are and its not a wild idea. There will be one team adjusting their side to the other and its not the side coming in top of the table, unbeaten away from home in a year.
    Id be shocked if we lose on Sunday. Jt would need Liverpool grabbing something that they havent shown since lockdown and for us to fall a level or 2 below than what we're performing at
    Ironically Liverpool running away with the title last year seems to have done them no favours. If they had just managed to get over the line with 2 or 3 games to go maybe it would have kept them going. Pretty much winning it after 25 games seems to have put them down to 3rd gear and they struggle to up there game very often now.

cyberman

Ironically Liverpool running away with the title last year seems to have done them no favours. If they had just managed to get over the line with 2 or 3 games to go maybe it would have kept them going. Pretty much winning it after 25 games seems to have put them down to 3rd gear and they struggle to up there game very often now.
    I think Klopp fecked up the post lockdown return. They had nothing to really play for so should have used that as preseason. Ole gets the same criticism for the fielding strong EL sides after getting top 4 but Liverpool being undercooked is all on Klopp.

Withnail

If we want to go with our best players from the star then:
    Mart - Rash
    Bruno
    Pogba - McT
    Fred
    Shaw - Maguire - Eric - AVB
    DDG

Cavani as supersub
    Yeah I'd go with that but I dunno Ole might pull a rabbit out of a hat and play James as a man marker on one of their full backs or something like that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I don't think our defence will keep them out if we sit deep and hope to hit them on the counter.
    Honestly, I think our best hope of gaining anything from this game is to sit deep and hit them on the break. Not only does that approach play to our strengths, but it's by far the most effective counter to Klopp's' gengenpress.

It's not fun to watch from a United fans perspective, admittedly, but better to be practical than beaten.

DRM

Right...officially nervous now.

I have no idea how this game will pan out!

RedDevilRoshi

These cnuts are rattled! I fecking love it. :devil:
    They absolutely are rattled. All the noise and constant whinging is coming out of their camp whilst we’ve just been playing it cool. The pressure is certainly getting to them which is brilliant.

tombombadil

I think those statement literally contradict themselves.

They miss VVD. Yes. But the rest of their team, especially their attack, are still the same potent force from last season.

cyberman

I think those statement literally contradict themselves.

They miss VVD. Yes. But the rest of their team, especially their attack, are still the same potent force from last season.
    They went into January last year having won every game bar 1, now they are second without a win in 5 (i think?)
    Theyre lucky its even half of what they were. They are levels below it.
    Our front 3 even outscored their front 3 last season. Thats what I mean by over respecting them

tombombadil

They went into January last year having won every game bar 1, now they are second without a win in 5 (i think?)
    Theyre lucky its even half of what they were. They are levels below it.
    Our front 3 even outscored their front 3 last season. Thats what I mean by over respecting them
    The game isn't played between their front 3 vs our front 3, is it?

I know we want to show confidence and strength against them. So we cannot over respect the scouse cnuts.

But we really need to set our expectations straight here. They are still a good team and can beat us. We really need to be on the A game from the get go. Let's hope for the best.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    De Gea
    Bailly Maguire Shaw
    Wan-Bissaka McTominay Fred Telles
    Bruno Pogba
    Cavani​

every one to put In a shift defensively & AWB, Telles, McTominay, Bruno, Pogba & Cavani all doing there thing going forward.

Won’t happen because Rashford will definitely play.

Last edited:

theklr

Think i'll be either the diamond with Pogba in it and Martial + Rashford, or the standard with Martial, Rashford and James.

Counterfactual

Honestly, I think our best hope of gaining anything from this game is to sit deep and hit them on the break. Not only does that approach play to our strengths, but it's by far the most effective counter to Klopp's' gengenpress.

It's not fun to watch from a United fans perspective, admittedly, but better to be practical than beaten.
    Yeah, I'm torn. I agree that sitting back and hitting them on the break is probably our most realistic chance of getting a result, but I think for the first time in ages we could go toe to toe with them, which I'd really like to see. With Pogba back on form, Bruno and Rashford/Cavani, I think we have too much attacking flair to sit back and fear the worst as our defence is tested.

Like I said, I don't see our defence not conceding, so I'd rather the action areas be further up the pitch, ideally in their penalty box!

theklr

Yeah, I'm torn. I agree that sitting back and hitting them on the break is probably our most realistic chance of getting a result, but I think for the first time in ages we could go toe to toe with them, which I'd really like to see. With Pogba back on form, Bruno and Rashford/Cavani, I think we have too much attacking flair to sit back and fear the worst as our defence is tested.

Like I said, I don't see our defence not conceding, so I'd rather the action areas be further up the pitch, ideally in their penalty box!
    I think even if we wanted to get out on the pitch, their high intensity pressing will force the game into a deep-block scenario anyway. Unless Klopp is fearful of that.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    Their tactics probably consists of Robertson and TAA playing long balls to Mane and Salah. And pressing like rabid dogs. What's so good about that type of football really, shit football, no brain football, all muscles.

dal

De Gea

—-—-AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw

——-—-McTominay Fred

——————-—-Bruno———————
    Greenwood- -Pogba——Rashford

This is a game where I feel you have to start Greenwood. I feel he will get more space and can do some real damage.

Cavani is better from the bench.

Pogba can hold the ball and switch with Rashford.

Liverpool 2 - 1Man United.

FerociousCorgis

think it is super important we come out and play well, without hopefully resorting to a mid-table team strategy here. Seems like for the most part we have been playing down to opponent during this run, and only other time we played a top team recently we got easily dealt with by City in the cup. If we could play a progressive game and win think it would go a long way to actually making it seem like we are real title challengers. With covid seemingly affecting the whole league and just the crazy nature of almost any team having chance to take points of the traditional big boys think we have a legit shot as any.

Come in though and go with ultra defensive, mid table soak it up and pray for individual brilliance on counter and most will still view us as not ready and just a team that will be in the top 4 race.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I'm not quite as confident as yourself on this, I'm afraid. I agree we're closer than we have been in several years, but they're ahead of us right now. Despite their recent poor form, this Liverpool side is still one of the best in Europe. If their top players show up, and we have to believe they will considering the occasion, we're in for a tough game.

More than anything, I want our players to make a good account of themselves. Show Liverpool and anyone else who cares to watch that our current top of the league position is no fluke. We're there on merit and we plan to stay regardless of the result.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
    I think we will go with 3 centre backs for this. With Rashford and Martial drifting wide to exploit the spaces whenever Liverpool's fullbacks push up.

---------------------DDG------------------------
    -------Bailly---Maguire---Shaw--------
    AWB------Fred-----Pogba------Telles
    -------------------Bruno-----------------------
    -------Rashford------Martial-----------

rooney2009

Their tactics probably consists of Robertson and TAA playing long balls to Mane and Salah. And pressing like rabid dogs. What's so good about that type of football really, shit football, no brain football, all muscles.
    Agree...They look to buy the fittest and most hardworking players
    I hope we don’t try to pass out from the back and will be happy if we can keep a clean sheet

SER19

I think we will go with 3 centre backs for this. With Rashford and Martial drifting wide to exploit the spaces whenever Liverpool's fullbacks push up.

Wouldn't be surprised, it worked well in big games last year but we've looked too tentative this season. Wouldn't mind seeing us spring a surprise and start 3 up top, Greenwood martial and rashford if all fit

Dve

The squad need and update. Fosu Mensah out, Diallo in.

Steve 007

I really like this line up but I bet you a million dollars that Fred and McT are there, also is Martial fit?

Counterfactual

I really like this line up but I bet you a million dollars that Fred and McT are there, also is Martial fit?
    Anthony Martial latest
    “I am going to give everyone a chance. Anthony is not out of it.

Only ones certainly out are Brandon and Phil Jones - they are the two definitely can’t make the game. Others maybe doubts, but fingers crossed.”

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
    Whoever partners Maguire on Sunday will go a long way in telling where Ole thinks we really are as a club. If he starts Bailly with Maguire (as I think most want) it will say that Ole sees us being at Liverpool's level and we will be going after them. If he starts Lindelof (which I get the feeling he will) it will be Ole saying that he doesn't expect us to have a lot of possession and have us in a low block playing counter attacking football. In a low block you don't need speed. It's all about positional awareness and Lindelof is probably better than that than Bailly is. Either way, this is the team that I would like to see start:

--------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------
    AWB-----------Bailly-------------------Maguire-------Telles
    ---------------------VdB---------------Matic------------------------
    Rashford----------------Bruno---------------------Martial
    -------------------------------Cavani----------------------------------

But this is the team that I think Ole will start:

---------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------
    AWB------------Lindelof-------------Maguire----------Shaw
    ----------------------McTominay---Fred-----------------------
    James-------------------Bruno---------------------Rashford
    -----------------------------Cavani------------------------------------

I know, James isn't who most want to see, but I think Ole will go into this with a low block and be looking to counter attack. So James offers pace on the break getting behind Robertson. It may also be a 4-4-2 diamond with Pogba coming in for Cavani and James and Rashford coming in as split strikers to take advantage of the space behind both Liverpool FB's...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Luke Shaw image Luke Shaw 74% of 459 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions