Liverpool

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
I am pretty sure Sarni is taking the piss :)

I like Lallana, he's a talented player. But he's no Mata!

MarcRed96

Good player but I don't really think he's what Liverpool need at the minute. He'll most likely prove to be a good purchase but they'll really need to sort out their defence after this as it's by far their biggest weakness at the moment.

Raw

Good player but I don't really think he's what Liverpool need at the minute. He'll most likely prove to be a good purchase but they'll really need to sort out their defence after this as it's by far their biggest weakness at the moment.
I think right now they're just building some depth into the team. They should be invested in defence soon though.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Where will he play?

Surely Sterling and Coutinho will start ahead of him?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Southampton will have £60m+ to spend by the look of things after selling Lallana, Lambert and Shaw. Shame they don't have a competent manager to use that money anymore, I expect a raid on Feyenoord though.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Lallana is an okay purchase, seems a tad overpriced but given what we're paying for Shaw, I guess we can conclude Southampton drive a hard bargain (and British talent is ridiculously overpriced).

As some have said, he's not really what they need but then again, it's still the beginning of the summer and I'm sure they'll be buying defenders at some point.

A1X

Southampton will have £60m+ to spend by the look of things after selling Lallana, Lambert and Shaw. Shame they don't have a competent manager to use that money anymore, I expect a raid on Feyenoord though.
Do they fancy Ashley Young?

Empire

Is Hererra better than Lallana?

Edit - different positions I know, we desperately needed the former. Just a question of ability that's all!

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
If Suarez goes are you happy with just Sturridge and Lambert?
Right now I think we need one more attacking player even if Suarez stays. If he goes then I would hope for Sanchez to replace him and that would basically be like for like. If in January we need another striker, then I would buy one then.

Revan

Assumptionman
Is Hererra better than Lallana?

Edit - different positions I know, we desperately needed the former. Just a question of ability that's all!
From what I have seen from both of them (would guess in the region on 15 games, probably 20) then undoubtedly yes. Not even close.

crossy1686

career ending
Lallana's a good footballer and will no doubt add some quality to their midfield, especially with Gerrard getting on now and Suarez gone until November.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Liverpool are going to lose a player who at worst is the 3rd best player on the planet, I really hope they start the season with Ricky Lambert and Daniel Sturridge as their main strikers :lol:

This new Suarez saga will clearly affect Liverpools preparation for the new season, They also have a difficult start in regards to fixtures. I think Brendan is going to have to make better signings than Lambert, Lallana, Can etc if he really wants to compete next year.

Revan

Assumptionman
Liverpool are going to lose a player who at worst is the 3rd best player on the planet, I really hope they start the season with Ricky Lambert and Daniel Sturridge as their main strikers :lol:
To be fair, he is 'at best' the third best player in the planet, and even that is very debatable considering that Zlatan and Robben have played as good as him during the last season.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
To be fair, he is 'at best' the third best player in the planet, and even that is very debatable considering that Zlatan and Robben have played as good as him during the last season.
I don't think think Zlatan is anywhere near as good as Suarez, But I'd agree with Robben. In terms of pure footballing ability which would you rather have in your team, Robben, Ibra or Suarez?

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Robben was not as good as him last season. Zlatan was, but in Ligue 1.

Canuckred64

Lallana is a decent addition to their squad but I feel Sanchez and Shaqiri are better, and both would seem to be cheaper than 25M

SalfordRed1960

What is he at best?

I don't want him to leave Liverpool ever.
I also want him to stay.
This could be the biggest sulk season ever. Every time he goes near a player, they are going to hold on to something claiming he bit them. It will be brilliant seeing him have done to him what he does so often.

I would hate to see Liverpool take someone to the cleaners for Suarez. He isn't even in the same league as Messi/Ronaldo so expectation of upwards of 60M are quite surprising. And for those saying 60M + Sanchez obviously seem a bit blinkered. Sanchez will cost a lot of dosh.

Zii

Lallana will have them challenging for the title, he is that good.

AkaAkuma

Markovic being linked today, could be:

IN - Shaqiri, Lallana, Markovic
OUT - Suarez, Borini

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I also want him to stay.
This could be the biggest sulk season ever. Every time he goes near a player, they are going to hold on to something claiming he bit them. It will be brilliant seeing him have done to him what he does so often.

I would hate to see Liverpool take someone to the cleaners for Suarez. He isn't even in the same league as Messi/Ronaldo so expectation of upwards of 60M are quite surprising. And for those saying 60M + Sanchez obviously seem a bit blinkered. Sanchez will cost a lot of dosh.
All that + I'm really not afraid of Liverpool, they had their freak year, but from now on it'll be a bit different. Plus, there's that entertainment part. Without Suarez, threads like this, or RAWK Meltdown, wouldn't be half as fun.

Please don't go, Luis.