Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine Liverpool only winning 1 premier league title with the point tally they’ve been getting :lol: Fergie never got above 92 points and won 13 titles.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine Liverpool only winning 1 premier league title with the point tally they’ve been getting :lol: Fergie never got above 92 points and won 13 titles.
People keep on about these points totals, but surely they just show how utterly sh!te the rest of the league is, just as much they show dominance?
Dominance is shown by trophy hauls in a season and over multiple years.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That is why this Liverpool team is better than any of ours ever.
Points>titles

I read it on rawk

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The quad was never going to happen and neither should it , funny seeing the fear and dread on here though, hope your all ecstatic after another city title win
The treble was an incredible City comeback away from happening, and then the momentum would surely have led to a 4th.
So your twaddle "never gonna happen" is utter captain hindsight merchantry.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
The quad was never going to happen and neither should it , funny seeing the fear and dread on here though, hope your all ecstatic after another city title win
Villa were two up with 20 minutes to go. Pool winning the league was a lot bloody closer than it should’ve been. That would’ve been 3 and only the Cl left.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mate of mine who's a Liverpool fan and was at the game said it was absolutely gutting - mainly because he didn't expect anything, and then to expect it and have it ripped away was tough - which I got 'cos it was pretty much exactly like that for us in 2012.

Still a termendous season for them to win two, probably three cups. Can't wait for Klopp to feck off.

Oh, see Salah also won goal of the season, which would probably have got my vote too to be fair.
Very similar to the Aguero year and how we felt.
Except that was a killer 94th min winner, and Liverpool in fact were never top in the 90mins.
If they'd scored when City were 2 down you wonder what that would have done to the anxiety levels in the stadium.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
People keep on about these points totals, but surely they just show how utterly sh!te the rest of the league is, just as much they show dominance?
Guardiola has four titles (nine domestic trophies) in six years. That is dominance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Guardiola has four titles (nine domestic trophies) in six years. That is dominance.
Yes he has, we're talking about why Liverpool's league points are an irrelevance versus league title wins of previous teams.

ps it's 4 in 5 years pal.

BlueHaze

And in fairness his only real competitors have been you guys as the other teams have all fallen off a cliff. I would like to see what he would have done if ourselves, Chelsea and Arsenal were all good as well.

Josh 76

And in fairness his only real competitors have been you guys as the other teams have all fallen off a cliff. I would like to see what he would have done if ourselves, Chelsea and Arsenal were all good as well.
It’s usually only one team that challengers.
Under Fergie
1991-2 Leeds
1992-3 Villa
1993-5 Blackburn
1996-2003 Arsenal
2006 -2009 Chelsea
2011 - 2013 City

its very rare you get 3 or 4 teams that are all great at the same time.

Josh 76

Very similar to the Aguero year and how we felt.
Except that was a killer 94th min winner, and Liverpool in fact were never top in the 90mins.
If they'd scored when City were 2 down you wonder what that would have done to the anxiety levels in the stadium.
Liverpool were wining, when Villa scored the “ghost” goal to make it 3-3!

hahahaha . You couldn’t make it up!

DJ_21

That is why this Liverpool team is better than any of ours ever.
Points>titles

I read it on rawk
I disagree… our team under fergie with vidic-Ferdinand, scholes and all them lot was unstoppable. I’d take 70 points and a title then 99 and no title. To me that just shows how bad the standards was back then and just how good city are right now.

DJ_21

Also shows how bad the standard of the league use to be or you could say how rubbish the standards have gone now that it’s just a 2 horse race every year. Back then it use to be us, City, arsenal, Chelsea… they was all competitive. Just shows how good city are though at the minute that Liverpool can’t win the league with 90+ points.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Under Fergie
1991-2 Leeds
1992-3 Villa
1993-5 Blackburn
1996-2003 Arsenal
2006 -2009 Chelsea
2011 - 2013 City

I can't even think of one 3/4 way title race in any league.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Under Fergie
1991-2 Leeds
1992-3 Villa
1993-5 Blackburn
1996-2003 Arsenal
2006 -2009 Chelsea
2011 - 2013 City

I've always wanted to see that. A season where there're 3 or 4 teams who can still win the title on the final day. It'll probably never happen but it would make for incredible viewing. You wouldn't want to be fourth as you'd be relying on winning your game and three other results going your way.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Under Fergie
1991-2 Leeds
1992-3 Villa
1993-5 Blackburn
1996-2003 Arsenal
2006 -2009 Chelsea
2011 - 2013 City

That is unfair for 06-09. That was during a period where English teams only knocked out english teams in the UCL (except Barca).

07/08 Arsenal actually led the prem for ages and only fell right at the end.

08/09 Liverpool were only 4 points short of us, assembling their strongest prem team until that point (Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano), whilst Chelsea were unlucky not to make the UCL final.

Id argue that was when the prem was strongest across Europe, and as someone else pointed out, I dont really ever remember a 3 way title race. Maybe 02/03 with United, Arsenal, and Newcastle? But i wouldn't really count that.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Saving the weekend for United-fans, you are welcome.

frostbite

Their greatest achievement?
Chelsea - Liverpool 0 - 0

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It's our third 90+ points finish in 5 seasons. And he got us to the absolute brink of a quadruple, the likes of which Kompany still masturbates over.

I'm glad this failed fraud of a manager has signed for another two seasons, until 2026. Liverpool fans are happy. Utd fans are happy.
90 point trophy! Wooo 90 points

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
How's that quadruple coming along?