Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

United Hobbit

Stevie G will ensure there are no slip ups for them vs Villa

I don't like City's game against West ham. You'd think Tottenham would be tricky for Liverpool as they're in contention for top 4 but they're pathetic and can't be relied on and will roll over

Too many teams just give up, look what happened when Villareal got at them in the first half wish more teams did it

They're winning the lot, in the process eclipsing our treble.

How many more games in the season from hell?

They said in the league cup final one of the first things Klopp did was bring in a mentality expert I hope ETH does the same. The other thing first on his agenda should be fitness I'm sick of us trying to press for 5 minutes and being gassed thought Ole was supposed to want to make us the fittest team that aged well. Meanwhile Liverpool will be winning but their players hare after the ball...

croadyman

I don't like City's game against West ham. You'd think Tottenham would be tricky for Liverpool as they're in contention for top 4 but they're pathetic and can't be relied on and will roll over

Too many teams just give up, look what happened when Villareal got at them in the first half wish more teams did it

They said in the league cup final one of the first things Klopp did was bring in a mentality expert I hope ETH does the same. The other thing first on his agenda should be fitness I'm sick of us trying to press for 5 minutes and being gassed thought Ole was supposed to want to make us the fittest team that aged well. Meanwhile Liverpool will be winning but their players hare after the ball...
Yeah probably due to the magic ahem beans

Stretfordender786

I don’t know about the West Ham game being tricky for city they’ll thrash them let’s be honest.
Liverpool won’t have it easy on the weekend and Chelsea in the final isn’t easy

Irwin99

Think they'll lose the league to City. Champions league i'm not sure about but all this Chelsea business is coming at the wrong time when ordinarily i'd fancy Chelsea to give them a very tough game.

Looking at the fixtures left Spurs looks the trickiest one (with Son and Kane in great form).

VivaRonaldo85

Watching Liverpool tonight, the players looked as fresh as they did on the first day of the season.

How is that possible given they're challenging on multiple fronts with barely a need for rotation? It never ceases to amaze.
It is ridiculous how they play the same 13 or 14 players every game

croadyman

Think they'll lose the league to City. Champions league i'm not sure about but all this Chelsea business is coming at the wrong time when ordinarily i'd fancy Chelsea to give them a very tough game.

Looking at the fixtures left Spurs looks the trickiest one (with Son and Kane in great form).
Trouble is they have a dire record at Anfield and City aside generally don't turn up for the big aways

Volksie316

City will win all remaining games and thus the title, but Liverpool are pretty certain to win the treble.

Nobody wants to hear it, but they are the greatest English team ever, both historically and in the present, and the facts back that up.

Its a very hard pill to swallow, but we need to focus on ourselves and get back to where we used to be, because right now we are not even better than flaming Spurs, let alone Liverpool!

Stig

Isn't it just lovely to see two Lancashire clubs challenging for all the trophies even if it isn't us.

RopersReturn

Liverpool will win all their remaining fixtures to do the quadruple. I also reckon they’ll likely dominate for the next 10-15yrs with additions to their current squad.
It just begs the question, how did everyone fall so far behind them and City??

Hoof the ball

So, this season Liverpool could......

1. See Everton relegated
2. Equal our 20 titles
3. One trophy equals our all-time major honours record
4. Win the treble
5. Worse, win the quadruple

god.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Watching Liverpool tonight, the players looked as fresh as they did on the first day of the season.

How is that possible given they're challenging on multiple fronts with barely a need for rotation? It never ceases to amaze.
We do rotate. Against Newcastle we started Diaz, Milner, Henderson, Matip and Gomez. That's five outfield players who didn't start tonight. Klopp's built a pretty good squad now.

Henderson has made the most appearances for us this season and he's not a guaranteed starter any more. Tsimikas and Gomez have played some games at full back and Matip's been rotated in and out with Konate. Thiago has been injured a fair bit earlier in the season so he's only on 34 appearances for the season. You can see below our players haven't played an insane number of games:

Henderson 51 - 39 starts
Jota 49 - 36 starts
Alisson 48 - 48 starts
Van Dijk 47 - 47 starts
Salah 46 - 42 starts
Mane 45 - 41 starts
Fabinho 45 - 38 starts
Robertson 43 - 40 starts
Alexander-Arnold 42 - 42 starts
Matip 39 - 39 starts
Milner 35 - 13 starts
Thiago 34 - 22 starts
Keita 34 - 22 starts
Firmino 30 - 17 starts

Players like Diaz, Gomez, Minamino, Jones, Chamberlain and Tsimikas have all made 20+ appearances as well.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well no matter how many games they are going to win, at least City is still ahead in the league…

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's all on City to not falter in the remaining league games now. I fear the pressure and lack of a great goalscorer will cost them in one of these 4 games which will be enough.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Liverpool will win all their remaining fixtures to do the quadruple. I also reckon they’ll likely dominate for the next 10-15yrs with additions to their current squad.
It just begs the question, how did everyone fall so far behind them and City??
People will try to lift up their board and transfer process and everything else, because that’s what people do when teams do well, but the simple fact is, they have the two best managers in the world at the helm.

Liverpools squad isn’t that good, and it’s aging. They won’t dominate and their title wins will stop as soon as Klopp leaves. Their biggest and most important signing was tying him down.

For as much as football has changed, the coach is still the most important position at the club and those two teams have the best two options by a distance.

Liverpool will sink back into the pack as soon as Klopp departs.

Irwin99

City will win all remaining games and thus the title, but Liverpool are pretty certain to win a treble.

Nobody wants to hear it, but they are the greatest English team ever, both historically and in the present, and the facts back that up.

Its a very hard pill to swallow, but we need to focus on ourselves and get back to where we used to be, because right now we are not even better than flaming Spurs, let alone Liverpool!
Fixed that for you: A treble, not THE treble ;) and I agree, i think City will just snatch the league title as long as they keep focused. Come on City!

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
They could go from potentially winning the quad to being beaten in the CL final by Real, beaten in the cup by Chelsea and beaten to the title by City. What a glorious end to the season that would be

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
People will try to lift up their board and transfer process and everything else, because that’s what people do when teams do well, but the simple fact is, they have the two best managers in the world at the helm.

Liverpools squad isn’t that good, and it’s aging. They won’t dominate and their title wins will stop as soon as Klopp leaves. Their biggest and most important signing was tying him down.

For as much as football has changed, the coach is still the most important position at the club and those two teams have the best two options by a distance.

Liverpool will sink back into the pack as soon as Klopp departs.
Klopp just extend his contract there, so don’t get your hopes up too soon.

Maluco

Klopp just extend his contract there, so don’t get your hopes up too soon.
I did mention that, but it won’t last forever, and it certainly won’t last for 13 PL titles.

justboy68

So, this season Liverpool could......

1. See Everton relegated
2. Equal our 20 titles
3. One trophy equals our all-time major honours record
4. Win the treble
5. Worse, win the quadruple

god.
Equaling the number of titles, I can deal with as we can imagine toppling it again in the future. Besting our treble achievement though would make me truly, truly sick.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I did mention that, but it won’t last forever, and it certainly won’t last for 13 PL titles.
That can’t happen because he won’t be at Liverpool for 29 years. 21 and 7 would be great though.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Just how much more would the fans hate the Glazers if Liverpool actually won the quadruple?
Would there be massive protests every game until they left?

Maluco

That can’t happen because he won’t be at Liverpool for 29 years. 21 and 7 would be great though.
Exactly, it can’t happen. And let’s get past 1 PL title first before claiming any great victories or making any further comparisons. Remembering the longevity of Ferguson is a positive trait. No one will ever match what he did, no matter how good these teams peaks are.

By the time Klopp leaves, 4-5 teams in the league will have more resources and there won’t be a 1 in a million manager to make that difference up.

Liverpool fans, quite rightly, need to enjoy it while it lasts.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Exactly, it can’t happen. And let’s get past 1 PL title first before claiming any great victories or making any further comparisons. Remembering the longevity of Ferguson is a positive trait. No one will ever match what he did, no matter how good these teams peaks are.

By the time Klopp leaves, 4-5 teams in the league will have more resources and there won’t be a 1 in a million manager to make that difference up.

Liverpool fans, quite rightly, need to enjoy it while it lasts.
Errmm Pep has 9 leagues in 3 major countries in 14 years. Give him 29 years and I’d wager more than 13 leagues. The comparisons are about what Klopp has done to change Liverpool from an ok team when he took over to a model team and a perennial winning side competing in the PL against the most dominant team ever and at the same time getting into finals and winning in Europe akin the the Liverpool of the 70s and 80s. All of this change in 6 seasons is not bad for a team with limited funds compared to other teams. If he does overtake united in leagues to go along with the finals in Europe he will go down as one of the top mgrs in our lifetime.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Almost Paisley like in Europe but old Bob won all 3 and a UEFA

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally don't think all these amazing signings are from the board.

This is all from Klopp.

The guy knows who can and cannot play his football.