Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

tomaldinho1

City aren’t losing to WHUM, not a chance. Nothing left to play for but the PL and no cups games to affect fitness, they’ll hammer them.

Jam

They look spent. Chasing the quad definitely took its toll. If they arrive at the CL final dead on their feet / injuries to key players, they may actually get battered.
Don’t threaten me with a good time.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Even with how knackered they looked, they'll still pump Southampton by 9. They'll have caught City's goal difference on Tuesday.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
City conspiring to somehow not win either of these last two games will really take the feckin biscuit.

It feels inevitable.

HookedOnAPhelan

Fecking lucky cnuts.

Can't wait until the tide turns. I'm gonna fecking enjoy it when it does, and rub it in their faces in a way I was too nice to do when we were on top.

Josh 76

These could be the shortest FA cup win celebrations in history , if City win Tomorrow.
Imagine getting pissed tonight singing “we are gonna win the quad” then waking up with with a hangover from hell and the dream is dead !

allen7

Its going as per my prediction, Liverpool winning 2/4 cups (carabao + fa) .
But I’ve to admit they’re incredibly lucky and might win 1 CL this year.

Josh 76

A team that's managed to win only one domestic league title cannot be considered the greatest of all time.
I’m sure Arsenal did this double in 1993.?

ever hear about them ? I only remember Ian Wright.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What would be nice is that if United come on strong in the next 5 years it’s likely that Liverpool will still be good. Beating them in a cup final or to a league would be very enjoyable. United’s superiority over Liverpool was almost too much for 20+ years. There was the 96 cup final and the 2009 title race and that was it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Lucky motherfeckers.
Thought we were marginally better over the 90 with you taking over without doing a tonne in extra time. Robertson has to score that chance.

So many near misses from both sides.

Sweet Square

City win tomorrow and it's over. Pool did look really tired in the second half today, the CL will be a massive effort for them.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....cnuts.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thought we were marginally better over the 90 with you taking over without doing a tonne in extra time. Robertson has to score that chance.

So many near misses from both sides.
I thought it was pretty even game in the 90, where we took turns in being on top, and we took over almost completely in ET with you guys being in control for the final 5 mins or so before pens.

I'm just saying you are lucky because this is the 3rd fecking shootout in a row we've lost to you. Both finals this seasons and the super cup in 2020.

Josh 76

City win tomorrow and it's over. Pool did look really tired in the second half today, the CL will be a massive effort for them.
If City win tomorrow, Klopp will field his reserves for the last two games. He has already hinted this in his pre match conference the other day.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I thought it was pretty even game in the 90, where we took turns in being on top, and we took over almost completely in ET with you guys being in control for the final 5 mins or so before pens.

I'm just saying you are lucky because this is the 3rd fecking shootout in a row we've lost to you. Both finals this seasons and the super cup in 2020.
Yeah I mean they’re lotteries right? It’s always hard to take. I thought you were unluckier in the fizzy pop final.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I’m sure Arsenal did this double in 1993.?

ever hear about them ? I only remember Ian Wright.
That Arsenal side is remembered for going an entire season unbeaten, though.

The only thing memorable about this Liverpool side is they have whiter teeth than your average human male. Probably females too.

Sweet Square

If City win tomorrow, Klopp will field his reserves for the last two games. He has already hinted this in his pre match conference the other day.
Cheers didn't know this. Makes sense as Madrid already have their league wrapped up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I mean they’re lotteries right? It’s always hard to take. I thought you were unluckier in the fizzy pop final.
Yeah for sure. I think we definitely should have won that game. Lukaku was onside etc. Its just annoying behind belief because we have been generally excellent when it comes to shootouts in the last couple of years, except when we play Liverpool.

Drizzle

City aren’t losing to WHUM, not a chance. Nothing left to play for but the PL and no cups games to affect fitness, they’ll hammer them.
Have you watched football before? Mad shit happens at this stage of the season. Weird results.

And by the way, West Ham are at home and are a decent side, so a draw wouldn't even be that weird.

VivaRonaldo85

What this awful season is proving is how bloody fit they are. Their fitness and nutritionists must be off the charts. They’ve got to both domestic cup finals playing 120 mins in both, and have a CL final to come. It’s quite ridiculous that they aren’t coming up short physically but no signs. Imagine putting one of our squad in theirs purely to compare fitness levels. When will this season end.

tomaldinho1

Have you watched football before? Mad shit happens at this stage of the season. Weird results.

And by the way, West Ham are at home and are a decent side, so a draw wouldn't even be that weird.
No never, who are West Ham?

Dolf

What this awful season is proving is how bloody fit they are. Their fitness and nutritionists must be off the charts. They’ve got to both domestic cup finals playing 120 mins in both, and have a CL final to come. It’s quite ridiculous that they aren’t coming up short physically but no signs. Imagine putting one of our squad in theirs purely to compare fitness levels. When will this season end.
Too good to be true. Definitely something dodgy happening.

John Colf

The love for Man City baffles me , how the mighty have fallen eh , wouldn’t you rather a team that does things right win even though it would be 20

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
We’ve rotated our squad a lot this season. You can check our squad appearance numbers but players like Chamberlain, Milner, Tsimikas, Gomez, Origi and Minamino have played in more than 20 games. Most of our main players have made 40-50 appearances. Not that unreasonable really. Thiago is in the 30’s for matches played.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Side point but it's interesting that they brought in outsider neuroscientists like that. Previous tweets about them:

Josh 76

I think the CL draw helped them a lot. If City had Benfica and Villarreal, they would be in the CL and FA cup final. Klopp had the luxury to rest key players before the Fa cup semi final against a injured tired City.

having said that, it has been impressive what they have done. Makes Utds achievement in 1999 even more crazy with Fa cup reply’s and CL teams they faced.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

Side point but it's interesting that they brought in outsider neuroscientists like that. Previous tweets about them:

Did he forget to credit the fortune teller he also consulted?

Klopp is losing it, seriously.

That said, I am getting a sense this FA Cup is the last trophy they win this season. No EPL title and no UCL. Quadruple my arse.