Lloris arrested for drink driving

Abizzz

It sounds to me like you know exactly what’s wrong with these footballers.
because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.
I've always felt he missed the crucial one, unknown knowns!

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Should have taken notes from Ledley King's outings, always had a bunch of people to help him stand/drive him around so King could focus on drinking.

Ryan7

Unashamedly stolen from the meme tweet going around :lol:
Not sure what you're talking about. I'd never steal anything from something I saw on Twitter, literally seconds before my post... ;)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
A shame, he's highly mistake prone, not at all as good as people would have you think and I'd much rather he been in the mix against us than their backup who surely can't be much worse.

He's by miles the best keeper at the club and whilst mistake prone, still easily one of the better ones in the league. His errors are balanced by the fact that how quick he is off his line saves us a ton of potential chances for the opposition, and he's made a ton of crucial saves for us that the likes of Vorm just aren't capable of. Had a bit of a poor season to be fair to him, but the WC was basically him in a nutshell: some crucial saves for France, probably would have won the golden glove until making a silly error in the final game.

Complete moron for this though. There's absolutely no excuse for drunk driving, especially when you're a millionaire footballer who can call a private car so easily. Putting other people in danger for your own selfishness is a fecking disgrace.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Never understood why players on massive wages drink and drive. Just get a £5-10 tax ffs..

Which is worse:
A. Taxi driver telling his friends he dropped Lloris home and he was bollocked drunk (which no one would believe)
B. Being caught drink driving, named and shamed / risk ban.

Idiot..
Wouldn't even need to use a regular taxi service. I'm sure there's exclusive limo/chauffeur/driver services available 24/7 in big cities like London at a premium that come with discretion assured. If there isn't there needs to be.

The type of money they're on a top footballer could even skip that and have their own personal driver on standby to take them wherever and whenever. That or a general personal assistant who'd be handy in many situations.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's by miles the best keeper at the club and whilst mistake prone, still easily one of the better ones in the league. His errors are balanced by the fact that how quick he is off his line saves us a ton of potential chances for the opposition, and he's made a ton of crucial saves for us that the likes of Vorm just aren't capable of. Had a bit of a poor season to be fair to him, but the WC was basically him in a nutshell: some crucial saves for France, probably would have won the golden glove until making a silly error in the final game.

Complete moron for this though. There's absolutely no excuse for drunk driving, especially when you're a millionaire footballer who can call a private car so easily. Putting other people in danger for your own selfishness is a fecking disgrace.
What the feck was he out at 2.30am for also. Actually the last player of ours I thought would do this, doubt he will be captaining us or France for the foreseeable.

Sylar

So without reading the story, im guessing he must have had a lot to drink, to affect his driving. Thus to be stopped and breathalyzed.

Which means he went out with the intent of drinking. So, its pretty nuts that he drove himself there.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I look forward to Glaston explaining why this is actually a good thing.
Well, the alcohol was acting as a stimulant and increasing his reflexes and at the end of the day nobody was killed so the added increase to his skills plus the incoming revenue from drink drive advertisers, that will go into buying new players, is nothing but a good thing that will increase our standing and league position.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So without reading the story, im guessing he must have had a lot to drink, to affect his driving. Thus to be stopped and breathalyzed.

Which means he went out with the intent of drinking. So, its pretty nuts that he drove himself there.
Does seem very strange but there have been no stories of dangerous driving, or what his alcohol levels were yet. Could have been traffic cops bored at 2.30am and seeing a flash car then realising it was registered to Lloris. Will find out more at his court date.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Never understood why players on massive wages drink and drive. Just get a £5-10 tax ffs..

Which is worse:
A. Taxi driver telling his friends he dropped Lloris home and he was bollocked drunk (which no one would believe)
B. Being caught drink driving, named and shamed / risk ban.

Idiot..
Why would he have been bollocked drunk? Could’ve been to a restaurant with his wife and drunk two glasses of wine for example. And no, of course that’s not an excuse but it paints a whole other picture than “Lloris caught behind the wheel completely off his face”.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Why would he have been bollocked drunk? Could’ve been to a restaurant with his wife and drunk two glasses of wine for example. And no, of course that’s not an excuse but it paints a whole other picture than “Lloris caught behind the wheel completely off his face”.
I agree we don't know how bad he was, not that it really matters, but it was at 2.30am FFS, school night and should have been in bed.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What the feck was he out at 2.30am for also. Actually the last player of ours I thought would do this, doubt he will be captaining us or France for the foreseeable.
God knows. Will wait to hear the details, but it doesn't look good, especially when we have a huge game on Monday.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Agreed.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Who comes home from a restaurant at 2:30 AM? I think it's unlikely he was off his face, but does sound like it was more than a couple of glasses of wine with the wife to me.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Who comes home from a restaurant at 2:30 AM? I think it's unlikely he was off his face, but does sound like it was more than a couple of glasses of wine with the wife to me.
He was out with Giroud and Koscielny catching up after the World Cup it sounds like.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Photos from some DJ last night with Lloris and Giroud/Koscielny last night ... looks like they did too much celebration :(

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
I don't think he will be affected by this too much performance-wise but arm band is gone I think. Can't be a role model in this day and age after that. Goes to Kane.

No real sanctions except a bitch slap from Poch

ZlatMan

I see Chelsea fans on twitter saying this is worse than Alonso :lol::houllier:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anyway, in footballing terms - what does this mean for the Spurs game? Is he likely to miss out? And if so, is their back-up any good?
Our match is on Monday so he should be there unless Pochettino decides to leave him out.

What did Alonso do?
Drove into a wall over the speeding limit while drunk, killing a passenger. Original sentence was 21 months but he got it reduced to a fine and a driving ban which he had already served.

Red Stone

I'd be willing to be on retainer 24/7 to drive him around to wherever he needs to go whenever he needs to go for something very reasonable like 5% of his wages. I don't drink and have zero points on my license because I'm a responsible and decent fecking human being.

What do you say, Hugo? Do I have a job?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Naughty boy indeed! No laughing matter - anyone who does stupid things to endanger lives of others through their carelessness deserves punishment.

Anyway, in footballing terms - what does this mean for the Spurs game? Is he likely to miss out? And if so, is their back-up any good?
He will be banned from driving not from playing football so it means nothing for the Spurs game.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I'll never understand millionaire footballers not just getting a taxi if they've had something to drink. It's not like they can't afford it and have someone pick the car up for them the next day if they can't be arsed.