Gaming Local multiplayer games

Ole90+3

Good local multiplayer games seem to be few and far between these days due to the emergence of online play in the past decade.

Anyone have recommendations on (newish) games built for local multiplayer? Ideally for 2 people on Xbox one.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Good luck with finding these rare games anymore :lol:

The one I'd throw into the hat if you haven't already played it is cuphead. Great game and frustratingly difficult

Yagami

Good post resistant
i was going to start a similar thread, @Ole90+3 . it annoys me that so many games that would be great local co-ops aren't given said feature.

Ole90+3

We played Rocket League last night with just the 2 of us and was good craic. Just looking for maybe some co-op games.

Nintendo Switch triumphs for local multiplayer games but we all know the story with getting your hands on them these days.

Ole90+3

Good luck with finding these rare games anymore :lol:

The one I'd throw into the hat if you haven't already played it is cuphead. Great game and frustratingly difficult
Just had a look at a gameplay video for Cuphead and my god that looks difficult, even just watching others play it was stressing me out :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Just had a look at a gameplay video for Cuphead and my god that looks difficult, even just watching others play it was stressing me out :lol:
It's like any classic Sonic, Mario etc boss fight. Each boss has it's weakness, but my god you've gotta be on the top of your game to consistently beat one

muller

Think this a good enough thread to join in..

Looking for recommendations for couch co op games to play with the family..

I have a wife who has a passing interest in games, a competent 6 year old and a beginner 4 year old.

We have a PS4 and a switch.

In lockdown we’ve played through (and completed those you can complete):

Lovers in a dangerous space time (which is perfect for us, we loved that)
Streets of rage 4 (bought for me but ended up playing it together!)
Rocket league
Gang beasts

Any other ideas/suggestions for us?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Crash Bandicoot racing is local play

I also would like some recommendations too. Any two player story based games?

Sanchez7

Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris and A way out both have couch-coop story lines. I think some of the older Gears Of War games have couch coop too.

Rayman Legends and Overcooked are also fantastic.

SiRed

On ps4 i suggest A Way Out. Completely unique way of playing multiplayer - you can play online but me and my lad play local co-op. really good fun and cant recommend enough!

Havak

Pokemon master
Unfortunately, I feel like Xbox is probably the worst at fulfilling this requirement.

Streets of Rage 4 is one that would stand-out to me, but it can be quite difficult even on the easier settings.

Unravel 2 is the other I'd suggest, much more mellow but can provide a big challenge in some stages too. Beautiful looking game with a great co-operative aspect.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Anyone old enough to remember Bishi Bashi Special 1&2 on the original Playstation?

Great fun and you could probaly run it on whatever laptop or desktop you have these days via an emulator.

muller

Anyone old enough to remember Bishi Bashi Special 1&2 on the original Playstation?

Great fun and you could probaly run it on whatever laptop or desktop you have these days via an emulator.
Yup.. great games. Anyone remember poy and poy 2?

b82REZ

Me and the missus are always on the lookout for good couch coop games. We tend to find a lot of them on Switch .

Recently we've played, Good Job, Moving Out, Heave Ho and Totally Reliable Delivery Service.

muller

I’ve gone for gauntlet (see how the youngest gets on!) and ages of mages.. supposed to be alright.

We did try overcooked but it just didn’t work! Haha

Baneofthegame

- Plants vs Zombies
- A Way Out
- Resident Evil 5/6 (If you look at them as shooters rather than classic re titles)
- Sonic Mania
- Unravel 2
- Portal 2
- Don’t Starve Together

DoomSlayer

Borderlands and Gears of War franchises have had these features since their creation. Both are one of my favourites ever.