Lock in your measured response to dropped points against Southampton now

Brightonian

Chelsea lost. Leicester lost again. A win will take us into third place. We are on a formidable run, and look pretty unstoppable. Southampton are in the bottom half of the table, and drew against a pretty poor Everton side in their last game. We are massive favourites. Surely we won't trip up now, when it's within touching distance...

If we drop points in this game the Caf will resemble Graeme Sounness getting tazed in the balls at his mum's funeral while Paul Pogba, officiating, repeatedly gets her name wrong. So let's have your more rational responses here and other caftards can hold you to them when the red mist descends.

Here's mine: losing or drawing this match would be a blow but not a knockout blow. A CL place would still be 'in our hands' because we play Leicester on the last day. It would not be a 'false dawn' because no single result can erase the obvious progress represented by our unbeaten run and in particular by our post-lockdown form. So a loss/draw would be a huge bummer but I'd fully expect us to pick ourselves up from it and win all our remaining games and qualify for the CL.

Let's be having you etc.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It doesn’t change much, Leicester will drop more points and we will beat them on the last day. Chelsea will slip up against Pool.

Skills

Snitch
Losing would be horrible. Draw would be disappointing but fine in the grand scheme of things.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fecking PE teacher, Poch in now while we can still salvage the season

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sell everyone, sack Ole and shut down the club.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ll be furious & will lambast us for once again failing to capitalise on a golden opportunity, as we have many times this season.

We should batter Southampton tomorrow. If I recall correctly though they do have a very good record at OT in recent years.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Don't want to jinx it but we are a completely different team now to that pathetic one in the first half of the season.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I knew it, we always have to do it the hard way :(

fecking Ings! Scouse bastard :mad:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its fine. Leicester aren't beating Sheffield United, Spurs and us. Also, Chelsea are definitely dropping points against Liverpool and Wolves.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Its fine. Leicester aren't beating Sheffield United, Spurs and us. Also, Chelsea are definitely dropping points against Liverpool and Wolves.
Mate, Liverpool love doing Chelsea favours if it fecks up United

Ludens the Red

Southampton have been cnuts to us these last few years, well actually since forever. I can see that hunchback, tattoo sleeved prick scoring some tap in and doing that knee slide of his :mad:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Every season it never seems to amaze me how little bottle most of our fans have. Hold your fecking nerve. It’s the same every year. Matter-of-fact declarations in December that ‘no chance we get top 4’, ‘can’t see us winning that game’ etc.

Football is football, but stop being pvssies. We’re about to face the 12th best team at home at Old Trafford.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Remember a few years back when if they beat Chelsea we'd have won the league? But steven Gerrard passed back to his keeper and Drogba intercepted the pass. Pricks.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Yeah but unlike in 2009/10, Salah desperately wants the golden boot and even if they don't say it Liverpool wouldn't mind that 100+ points record. There's no way Mo Salah is going to turn down the chance to have a proper go at a Chelsea defence that's been so kind to Crystal Palace and Sheffield United.

King Eric 7

Leicester look like they are in freefall. Lose/draw tomorrow and we'll still have a decent chance of top 4. I guess any potential meltdown will also depend on the City result. If their ban is upheld everyone will be more relaxed. Plus there is still the EL as a route to CL qualification. We're sitting pretty even if we feck up tomorrow, but I doubt we will :)

Onerealunited

I have a strong feeling that we will lose points tomorrow. I am afraid we are taking it to easy and believe we have already won the game and the third spot without playing the game

we lose because we under estimate Southampton and

RedHobot

:lol: So predictable for the ole out camp to crawl out of their holes at the sight of a first hiccup.

Anyway sack Ole sell Greenwood.

vodrake

fecking lingard should be fined a years wages for that shitshow of a performance!

I know he didn't play, and wasn't even on the bench, but they should do it anyway.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
One game where Bruno doesn't score or assist and we drop points. This is why I'm skeptical about getting my hopes up - while we're getting better, it's always been two steps forward and one step back. There is a long way to go before we're in for a title challenge.

If we had Sancho on the pitch and Greenwood to bring off the bench, it would have added another dimension while chasing. James didn't offer much since we had to break them down.

We could have been third if we'd capitalised on the brilliant results over the last couple of days, and deservedly so. One game within that 18 unbeaten record, too, such a shame.

Now that the off game is out of the way, let's go get enough points to get fourth. We need to be in CL to attract top players, because City will buy another feck load now that FFP means shit to them and they can still offer CL footy after that CAS 'verdict'.