Lock in your measured response to dropped points against Southampton now

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
My attempt:

Fecked it as usual. We aren't making top four and will probably finish seventh now, Pogba is gone and Bruno will have his head turned by Real. We'll probably sell him for 60 million and spend 90 million on Grealish.

Jack-C20

Southampton are our fecking bogey team! (Just like every team in the lower half of the table we’ve played and lost too in the last 5 years).

In fairness it has felt like we’ve thrown away every good chance we’re given recently so here’s to hoping we don’t do it this time.

Al-T

Started to go wrong when Fernandes was injured by Phil Jones in the warm up....

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Chelsea lost. Leicester lost again. A win will take us into third place. We are on a formidable run, and look pretty unstoppable. Southampton are in the bottom half of the table, and drew against a pretty poor Everton side in their last game. We are massive favourites. Surely we won't trip up now, when it's within touching distance...

If we drop points in this game the Caf will resemble Graeme Sounness getting tazed in the balls at his mum's funeral while Paul Pogba, officiating, repeatedly gets her name wrong. So let's have your more rational responses here and other caftards can hold you to them when the red mist descends.

Here's mine: losing or drawing this match would be a blow but not a knockout blow. A CL place would still be 'in our hands' because we play Leicester on the last day. It would not be a 'false dawn' because no single result can erase the obvious progress represented by our unbeaten run and in particular by our post-lockdown form. So a loss/draw would be a huge bummer but I'd fully expect us to pick ourselves up from it and win all our remaining games and qualify for the CL.

Let's be having you etc.
What with this preemptive excuse thread. You people are just so scared that you can't even bare to the thought of facing the aftermath of a defeat so you shield yourselves with threads likes these. You're so desperate to protect this narrative that we've progressed that you've started making these type of thread to plant the seed of excuses in before the game even get to be played.

In truth it's pretty simple, We likely beat Southampton tomorrow and move on. You're so pre occupied being scared of what would be the reaction in case of a defeat when in reality there is no reason to think that way because a victory is ridiculously likely. Fear has overtaken you that you've failed to weight the facts and likelihood properly.

We're beating Southampton tomorrow, no need to lose sleep over an hypothetical defeat that won't be.

BlahRules

feck feck.. you had one job you bottling cnuts.. sell the lot of you waste of space.

Okay I am done. Come on united!!

RedDevilRoshi

Where do I fecking start? What a bunch of fecking bottle merchants we are!

Ole is clearly out of his depth and the sooner we get Poch in, the better

Pogba’s performance just simply showed that he doesn’t want to be here anymore

De Gea costs us once again by conceding a shot that my nan could have saved

Maguire looks more like a 80p defender than a £80M one

AWB can’t attack to save himself

Shaw looks like even fatter than before

Lindelof has proved yet again what a massive liability he is

Why the feck does Matic still get a game when he is as slow as a week in jail

Bruno must feel like he is back at Sporting

Martial does nothing other than sulk

Rashford is just a kick and sprint speed merchant with a garbage end product

Tonight showed that Greenwood is not ready to be playing week in, week out for us

Reactions: Sultan

Brightonian

What with this preemptive excuse thread. You people are just so scared that you can't even bare to the thought of facing the aftermath of a defeat so you shield yourselves with threads likes these. You're so desperate to protect this narrative that we've progressed that you've started making these type of thread to plant the seed of excuses in before the game even get to be played.

In truth it's pretty simple, We likely beat Southampton tomorrow and move on. You're so pre occupied being scared of what would be the reaction in case of a defeat when in reality there is no reason to think that way because a victory is ridiculously likely. Fear has overtaken you that you've failed to weight the facts and likelihood properly.

We're beating Southampton tomorrow, no need to lose sleep over an hypothetical defeat that won't be.
Jesus you must be fun at parties. Look around you pal, you've missed the point of the thread.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
'The way results have gone for us and the fixtures we have means failing to win tomorrow is not the end of the world' is the measured part, but I'll be holding a draw or a defeat up as a worrying indication of the lack of desire and character of our team if we again fail to take a CL place when the opportunity is there.

We've won a few in row in empathic style and no team in the history of the game has ever had the right to win them all, but this weird hoodoo we have had this season of failing to capitalise on our rivals' results when a top four place is up for grabs has been so persistent it looks to me like a mental block. We need to flush it away tomorrow or I'll continue to be concerned.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I always said Fernandes isn’t that great and it was just a honeymoon period. Gives the ball away all the time. Without penalties he’s no better than Sánchez.

We just bottle it all the time and there’s no chance were playing in the CL next year now. Best we can hope for in the Summer is Calum Wilson.

RedCurry

Typical United since SAF’s retirement. But we’ll still make top four at Leicester’s expense.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why did we drop Bruno for JLingz?? What exactly was the point in bringing Sanchez back from Inter for this?? Call it mind-games, double-bluff, whatever... starting Phil Jones up top was NEVER going to work. Sometimes I'm not sure if Ole is cut out for this.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Chelsea lost. Leicester lost again. A win will take us into third place. We are on a formidable run, and look pretty unstoppable. Southampton are in the bottom half of the table, and drew against a pretty poor Everton side in their last game. We are massive favourites. Surely we won't trip up now, when it's within touching distance...

If we drop points in this game the Caf will resemble Graeme Sounness getting tazed in the balls at his mum's funeral while Paul Pogba, officiating, repeatedly gets her name wrong. So let's have your more rational responses here and other caftards can hold you to them when the red mist descends.

Here's mine: losing or drawing this match would be a blow but not a knockout blow. A CL place would still be 'in our hands' because we play Leicester on the last day. It would not be a 'false dawn' because no single result can erase the obvious progress represented by our unbeaten run and in particular by our post-lockdown form. So a loss/draw would be a huge bummer but I'd fully expect us to pick ourselves up from it and win all our remaining games and qualify for the CL.

Let's be having you etc.
:lol::lol::lol: OP that was glorious.

KennyBurner

Every season it never seems to amaze me how little bottle most of our fans have. Hold your fecking nerve. It’s the same every year. Matter-of-fact declarations in December that ‘no chance we get top 4’, ‘can’t see us winning that game’ etc.

Football is football, but stop being pvssies. We’re about to face the 12th best team at home at Old Trafford.
Pretty much this. There is no variation were we lose or draw if Ole fields an unchanged 11 from our last game. Not worried at all.

It seems many of you dont understand that we dont have lingard/pereira holding us back anymore.

always_hoping

Time for the board to spend big again as until they do they won't have belief in Ole managerial capability to finish 4th..

el3mel

I'll be let down but our excellent form recently makes it pretty hard to complain about anything in the club.