Lock in your measured response to dropped points against Southampton now

Brightonian

It's the OPs fecking fault for making this thread.... (How's that?)
Oh for sure.
Every season it never seems to amaze me how little bottle most of our fans have. Hold your fecking nerve. It’s the same every year. Matter-of-fact declarations in December that ‘no chance we get top 4’, ‘can’t see us winning that game’ etc.

Football is football, but stop being pvssies. We’re about to face the 12th best team at home at Old Trafford.
It never ceases to amaze me that posters can't see when a thread is for fun, not serious. Was the bit about Graeme Souness being tazed in the balls at his mum's funeral not enough of a clue? :wenger:

RashyForPM

Always knew Ings was better than Martial. Snap him up, wouldn’t even cost much.

I beg you Harry and Lindelof, just be on your toes and stop him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Every season it never seems to amaze me how little bottle most of our fans have. Hold your fecking nerve. It’s the same every year. Matter-of-fact declarations in December that ‘no chance we get top 4’, ‘can’t see us winning that game’ etc.

Football is football, but stop being pvssies. We’re about to face the 12th best team at home at Old Trafford.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Even if we get beat we'll still get top4, so I'm not too concerned by the defeat.

Also, it should be expected that JWP scores a beaut of a free kick against us. Every. Single. Time.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yea of course, this was all just a random joke, not at all predicated on bricking it about a home match against a team in 12th.

I see you still don't get it so I'll just let this one lie.

Lentwood

My measured response is that sometimes we will win football matches and sometimes we won't win football matches. Of those football matches we don't win, some of them will be draws and some of them unfortunately will be losses.

If we can try to keep losses and draws to a minimum and maximise the wins, I think we have a good shot at achieving {objective X,Y,Z}

Or, in other words, I don't care about individual results and if we don't achieve CL qualification this year, it won't be because we didn't beat Southampton tonight

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we drop points in this game the Caf will resemble Graeme Sounness getting tazed in the balls at his mum's funeral while Paul Pogba, officiating, repeatedly gets her name wrong. So let's have your more rational responses here and other caftards can hold you to them when the red mist descends.

Let's be having you etc.
:lol::lol::lol:
No mate, we should win all games from now on. Leicester away will not be a walk in the park and i expect a win there will be very hard. We need to beat Sotton, Palace and West Ham to be sure. I haven't been this excited about a United team in the last seven years, it looks like we have the ability and they need to deliver tonight. 3-1 is my guess.

Sylar

DDG making mistakes... again. Hendo in!
Maguire is too slow, bring back Smalling.
Pogba once again not showing up when it matters
Ole bringing in LIngard and Pereira when we needed a goal to win?
Who put Fred on free kicks?
Rashford is too selfish
Martial looks like he doesnt care
Typical United, bottling when theres a chance to capitalise on rivals dropping points.
We should look at getting Hasenhüttl as our next manager.
James is a championship player.
Say goodbye to Sancho.
We should have just given Moyes time...

RedDevilRoshi

The regulars?
  1. Ighalo
  2. Fred
  3. McT
  4. Williams
  5. Either one of Mata/AP

Almost always those 5 every game.
It’s as clear as day that Ighalo won a competition to play for us. An absolute deadline day panic signing in a nutshell.

Fred was like a Brazilian Mark Noble out there when he came on. Tried to play the “hard man“ role when in reality he looked like a headless chicken as seen in his debut season with us.

McTominay is just simply a championship player. When our current midfield is doing nothing, what on earth is this haggis muncher going to provide?

I wish Williams was as good at football as he is at playing FIFA. Don’t know why he play he plays LB when he can’t kick the ball with his left foot?

Mata offers nothing to the team other than being a lovely little bloke.

Brightonian

I see you still don't get it so I'll just let this one lie.
There is no-one on the caf who can be posting sensible, interesting opinions one minute and wildly missing the point of something the next like @Rozay .

Of course the thread is meant to be fun, not serious, how is that anything other than blindingly obvious?! Literally everyone else has clocked that.

And even if it was meant to be serious, where exactly does it suggest that anyone is bricking it? The whole premise is that a loss here is so unlikely that if it were to happen, everyone would lose their minds. The thread relies on an understanding that we are all highly confident of a good win.

Brightonian

:lol::lol::lol:
No mate, we should win all games from now on. Leicester away will not be a walk in the park and i expect a win there will be very hard. We need to beat Sotton, Palace and West Ham to be sure. I haven't been this excited about a United team in the last seven years, it looks like we have the ability and they need to deliver tonight. 3-1 is my guess.
Yep, I hear you. Although I've one-upped you with my prediction in the match thread and gone for 4-1. Because why the hell not? :drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There is no-one on the caf who can be posting sensible, interesting opinions one minute and wildly missing the point of something the next like @Rozay .

Of course the thread is meant to be fun, not serious, how is that anything other than blindingly obvious?! Literally everyone else has clocked that.

And even if it was meant to be serious, where exactly does it suggest that anyone is bricking it? The whole premise is that a loss here is so unlikely that if it were to happen, everyone would lose their minds. The thread relies on an understanding that we are all highly confident of a good win.
It wasn’t about your OP verbatim. It’s more loosely in the context of growing threads and comments about things going wrong. You may well have meant your own as a ‘joke’ of things going wrong, I just thought ‘do we need another thread about potential negative results?’ - albeit from a different context on this occasion. It still seemed like an alternative take on nervousness to me. Apparently it is not, so it is what it is.

And I’m still the best poster on these streets.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Thread made out of fear. People shitting their pants because we're about to face Southampton. One would think we were about to face Barca in our last CL final.

After we(likely) beat Southampton, similar threads like this one or sentiments similar to the one conveyed by the Op will be posted ahead of the Crystal Palace game. People fearing monsters that don't exist.

Stevondo8

Got to keep it interesting, would be boring if we were safe in 3rd going into the Leicester game

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Danny Ings is on fire, of course he was going to score.

Shane Long is not and has never been on fire so of course he was going to score as well.

We're on a massive run of great form, it can't last forever.

Shimo

Another false dawn, can see how far we are going to be off next season because when there is actual pressure, we can't handle it. Woodward should have had Halaand in and had he got Poch in, we certainly wouldn't be dropping points against Southampton.

In seriousness - we've been on an incredible run, if we do have a blip, this is one game we can somewhat afford it now. Leicester and Chelsea have tough games still and then we have the last game which will keep things in our hands still.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ole's out of his depth!

Ole isn't fit to manage Poundland!!

To the Ole Out thread!!!

And this, obviously

romufc

In seriousness - we've been on an incredible run, if we do have a blip, this is one game we can somewhat afford it now. Leicester and Chelsea have tough games still and then we have the last game which will keep things in our hands still.
No one could have expected us to be this good from the restart, I just hope if we drop points there are no knee jerk reactions. You can drop points anywhere in the PL, it would be disappointing to do it at home though.

Rafaeldagold

Stupid penalty from Wan Bissaka to give away & the own goal from De Gea was comical.

Oh well Europa League is fun anyway

Blatzo

Well... at least we can take solace in the fact that the CAS didn't roll over and let City shaft the entire footballing world.

Paul_Scholes18

Bring back Jones on corners as a midfielder!
Lingard to start too as our number 10 with Jones.
Smalling and Sanchez back from Italy too and Rojo back.
Then we need to buy Rooney, Fellaini, Schneiderlein,Darmian, Young, Valencia.
Moyes or LVG back as manager.
Grant
Valencia Smalling Rojo Darmian
Jones Schneiderlein
Sanchez Lingard Young
Rooney

This side could win us the league under Moyes with super sub Fellaini.

Last edited:

mancave bear

Haha. I think it was great that we lost today. Its a long time since we have lost, and I am not confident in Oles ability to come back after a bad result. Its a long time since he have had to do that and he dont have much experience with this. Now we can see if has what it takes.

SAFMUTD

Nah, we will tank them. I honestly believe this side is different to those that failed in recent years. Atleast until Bruno gets injured.
You want to jinx it? Cause thats how you jinx it.