Other Logan Paul v KSI Fight Discussion

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I've known about (and therefore disliked) KSI longer, so therefore would prefer Logan to win. That's the only way I can decide. Really though I couldn't care less about it and would be happy to never hear about them again.

Bojan11

I've known about (and therefore disliked) KSI longer, so therefore would prefer Logan to win. That's the only way I can decide. Really though I couldn't care less about it and would be happy to never hear about them again.
KSI is a sexist pig who screams the n word constantly and rape faces to kids. As @afrocentricity will tell you he is a poor and stupid example for the black community. He makes the n word normal to use with his constant shouting of it and it sets a bad example as his little minions start saying it.

Logan Paul mocks suicide. Can’t we have a double knockout?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
KSI is a sexist pig who screams the n word constantly and rape faces to kids. As @afrocentricity will tell you he is a poor and stupid example for the black community. He makes the n word normal to use with his constant shouting of it and it sets a bad example as his little minions start saying it.

Yeah ideally they'll land a punch at exactly the same time and knock each other out cold. Then disappear forever.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Quit tagging me in shit I have no interest in...

afrocentricity

Well you do. You posted and viewed this thread. That’s taking interest.
I posted to tell you to quit tagging me. Unless you're fecking thick you must know that when you tag me I get an alert. Stop being a weirdo.

Bojan11

I posted to tell you to quit tagging me. Unless you're fecking thick you must know that when you tag me I get an alert. Stop being a weirdo.
You posted again. You taking a huge interest in this thread already. I knew it was wise to tag you in it.

InfiniteBoredom

I'm 34 and apparently I'm out of touch with modern entertainment, never heard of any of those guys. I'm not feeling I'm missing out on something though :lol:
You aren't out of touch. I'm 25 and in the same boat. Don't like these plonkers? Don't subscribe or give them views. Watch only what you are interested in.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro

I don't think he is sexist, he's said some pretty embarrassing things for anyone to say and be proud of but i don't feel he is. Also the use of the N word is up to the individual, and he should not be shamed for deeming it fine to say.

afrocentricity

As @afrocentricity will tell you he is a poor and stupid example for the black community. He makes the n word normal to use with his constant shouting of it and it sets a bad example as his little minions start saying it.
What is this even supposed to mean? And what does it have to do with me?

JMack1234

I used to watch KSI when he was a FIFA youtuber. I've never watched a Logan Paul video and from what i've seen i'm pretty glad about that.

I really dislike boxing and I know pretty much nothing about it, but even I can see that this is a stupid fight. Still, it'll be an event and I like events.

Bojan11

I don't think he is sexist, he's said some pretty embarrassing things for anyone to say and be proud of but i don't feel he is. Also the use of the N word is up to the individual, and he should not be shamed for deeming it fine to say.
You should watch his eurogamer vid. He was being a stupid idiot to women in that vid. Then you have the stupid rape face.

He maybe has changed now, but he was a stupid shit back then.

The use of N word considering his followers are between 11-15 was stupid. He made the word sound normal rather than a racist slur. He was shouting it so much and his dumb little user base will follow that. He should be shamed because he’s a big youtuber with a lot of followers and a lot of kids thinking that word is normal to say.

Snafu17

You should watch his eurogamer vid. He was being a stupid idiot to women in that vid. Then you have the stupid rape face.
I think that KSI is a bit of a twat, but to be fair to him, he was a dumb teenager at the time and did a thing that a dumb teenager, who's a bit of a twat, is known for shock, dumb, immature humor, has recently gain loads of money and had his ego stroked on the internet, would do. He iirc acknowledged that he did a mistake, apologized, and hasn't been involved in similar controversies from then onwards afaik, so I think it's fair not to hold that against him. It's a bit like the James Gunn thing, albeit worse and he actually was a teenager at the time, in sense that it happened a long time ago, he apparently tried to change and the internet landscape was quite a bit different so how long is it fair we hold that against him?

Can't say I am in anyway qualified to talk about the N-word but "content creators", entertainers, people who are famous for any reason whatsoever, cannot possibly be responsible for being role models. That's just ridiculous to expect. There's a difference between a person and his persona, product, art, etc and it's on the parents to make sure their kids know that.

I still think that KSI is a twat, but some of the arguments you put up are just silly.

MJJ

Quit tagging me in shit I have no interest in...
Well you do. You posted and viewed this thread. That’s taking interest.
You posted again. You taking a huge interest in this thread already. I knew it was wise to tag you in it.
:lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The only thing more stupud than these fools are the idiots that actually buy into this rubbish.

cyberman

I think that KSI is a bit of a twat, but to be fair to him, he was a dumb teenager at the time and did a thing that a dumb teenager, who's a bit of a twat, is known for shock, dumb, immature humor, has recently gain loads of money and had his ego stroked on the internet, would do. He iirc acknowledged that he did a mistake, apologized, and hasn't been involved in similar controversies from then onwards afaik, so I think it's fair not to hold that against him. It's a bit like the James Gunn thing, albeit worse and he actually was a teenager at the time, in sense that it happened a long time ago, he apparently tried to change and the internet landscape was quite a bit different so how long is it fair we hold that against him?

Can't say I am in anyway qualified to talk about the N-word but "content creators", entertainers, people who are famous for any reason whatsoever, cannot possibly be responsible for being role models. That's just ridiculous to expect. There's a difference between a person and his persona, product, art, etc and it's on the parents to make sure their kids know that.

I still think that KSI is a twat, but some of the arguments you put up are just silly.
Saw a great vid about this the other day, KSi hasn't really changed that much. If he's angry with you he will drag your girlfriend into the argument or revert to African accents in a mocking way, use the N word etc.
Its just that he has a better management team these days and is controlled a lot more.
Could be all bullshit even my nephews are growing out of this so I'm not forced to sit through as much shit as I once had to.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I used to like KSI when he was starting out on YouTube, spent many hours of my teenage years watching him, felt like he put a ton of effort into his videos and seemed to genuinely enjoy it. Turned into a bit of a tool in the last year or so, has developed a massive ego after beating Joe Weller. Can't stand either of the Paul's but it'd be nice for someone to ground KSI, he's on about a pro boxing career if he wins the fight at the weekend which I can't see ending well at all.

Brinky

Weigh in live at 4pm on YouTube at 4pm for anyone interested.:D

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I'm guessing I'm one of the few sad sacks on this who's watching the weigh ins :lol:
Just watched it. Everybody laughing at Deji and his pot belly was pretty amusing, I wouldn't fancy that chap to knock out "Mini Jake Paul."

I loathe KSI and have done for years now, his stupid exaggerated laugh and enormous ego really gets my goat. However I did laugh at the Chloe Bennett mask, very immature so naturally it was a pretty fitting gesture. Looking forward to watching this for free when someone reuploads it, no doubt it's going to give birth to even more memes. Ogus tweny fif!

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro

He maybe has changed now, but he was a stupid shit back then.

The use of N word considering his followers are between 11-15 was stupid. He made the word sound normal rather than a racist slur. He was shouting it so much and his dumb little user base will follow that. He should be shamed because he’s a big youtuber with a lot of followers and a lot of kids thinking that word is normal to say.

But whether that word is okay to say or not is up for debate, well amongst black people anyway.
I agree he was a douche and for all i know could still be one, but I feel he has changed.

Ducklegs

You have an admirer ;).

It wont be long before you are meeting behind the bike sheds and sharing your quavers with him.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I don't really see how the fame has 'gone too far', if it's what the younger generation want to watch then so be it.

I used to watch the odd KSI video, I haven't seen any of Logan Paul's although I've seen him do a few interviews about the fight recently. I basically think that neither of them have any talent between them, they deserve some credit for their work ethic and for effectively attracting a mass audience of 12-16 year olds through the type of content that keeps their attention, but that's about it. They both seem like horribly unlikable pricks tbh, they have massively bought into their own hype.

I watched as much of the last fight as I could and it was embarrassing. Considering KSI had professional trainers I actually couldn't believe how hopeless he was, I though he'd have some idea about boxing at that stage.

With regards to the 'fight' tonight, they'll both be shit, the fitter man will win. Logan is bigger and since skill won't come into play I'd make him favourite so long as he doesn't shit himself.

RedTiger

Half mast
This is like Real Madrid vs Liverpool. I hate both of the twats, they've put vernacular in my kids mouths that makes me cringe. Whoever wins will only become more unbearable than they already are.

The best scenario would be toe to toe for 9 rounds and then out of nowhere a 67yo Roberto Duran runs into the ring and batters both of them.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
feck me. YouTube is just another forum for hare-brained halfwits to get famous. Much like reality TV.

The most worrying trend is how a lot of young people are getting their news and opinions from YouTube, and taking it as fact.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Just watched the fight, it was good entertainment.

I don't get the criticism, these guys have trained for months and had the balls to get in the ring and take punches, that's a great example to their viewers. I respect them for having the dedication to do all of this, was the quality the greatest? No, they aren't professionals, but it was pretty good considering they're both amateurs who have only been fighting for months, and they gave it their all.

Youtubers make mistakes just like everybody else, they just get telegraphed over the internet. People can call them idiots all they want, these guys are self made and (generally) a lot of work and dedication goes in to their videos, and they showed that dedication in the ring. Think this event was really good, probably brought in a lot of new fans for the sport and who knows, could have inspired some people to go out and get involved.

Looks like there will be a rematch, which should be fun.

PoTMS

Just watched the fight, it was good entertainment.

I don't get the criticism, these guys have trained for months and had the balls to get in the ring and take punches, that's a great example to their viewers. I respect them for having the dedication to do all of this, was the quality the greatest? No, they aren't professionals, but it was pretty good considering they're both amateurs who have only been fighting for months, and they gave it their all.

Youtubers make mistakes just like everybody else, they just get telegraphed over the internet. People can call them idiots all they want, these guys are self made and (generally) a lot of work and dedication goes in to their videos, and they showed that dedication in the ring. Think this event was really good, probably brought in a lot of new fans for the sport and who knows, could have inspired some people to go out and get involved.

Looks like there will be a rematch, which should be fun.
Watched the match too, decent spectacle if you take it for what it is and not anymore than that - although I feel bad for anyone who paid for that. Think KSI won that one although I can see how they came up with a draw due to how close it was. 30 more seconds though and Logan Paul would've had his ass on the floor.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Caught the last 4 rounds. Thought it was a great fight regardless of where they have come from. I have heard of what that Logan guy did but he earned some respect from me tonight, not because of the fight but his words after it about turning his life around and being a better person etc.

Trizy

I watched it and actually enjoyed it. Good entertainment.

Pretty much agree with what @SquishyMcSquish said above.

Wasn't a draw though. Logan (who I wanted to lose) won at least 4 of the rounds. Lots of raging online from KSI fans though just because he was unreal in the final round. 1 great round doesn't win a fight though (if it goes to points).

PoTMS

Wasn't a draw though. Logan (who I wanted to lose) won at least 4 of the rounds.
I had it as 9-10, 9-10, 10-9, 10-10, 10-9, 10-9 to KSI.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Watched it with my lad who’s a YouTube fan. I’m not, but I’m a big boxing fan, and I was surprised by how good this was (in terms of entertainment). Logan Paul’s technique was pretty good in the first 2 rounds, before he gassed massively

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Watched the match too, decent spectacle if you take it for what it is and not anymore than that - although I feel bad for anyone who paid for that. Think KSI won that one although I can see how they came up with a draw due to how close it was. 30 more seconds though and Logan Paul would've had his ass on the floor.
It was good entertainment, obviously it's not a great sporting event, these guys have only been boxing for months. You can't compare them to fighters who are athletically gifted in the first place then train for their entire lives. If you go in to it expecting two technically brilliant fighters then you're bound to be dissapointed, but I did find it to be pretty exciting at times and thought both showed some balls.

Trizy

I had it as 9-10, 9-10, 10-9, 10-10, 10-9, 10-9 to KSI.
Don't watch much boxing so probably not the best to score fights but I thought KSI was too wild and didn't really start landing until the 5th-6th. He also should've been deducted points. Or does that even happen in amatuer?

Either way, I'll be watching the rematch. Will I feck be paying for it, though. :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Watched it with my lad who’s a YouTube fan. I’m not, but I’m a big boxing fan, and I was surprised by how good this was (in terms of entertainment). Logan Paul’s technique was pretty good in the first 2 rounds, before he gassed massively
I think KSI edged it today, but will lose the rematch. Logan will have another long period of time to train as a boxer, get his cardio up etc, and he'll learn from getting gassed out too early.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Wasn't a draw though. Logan (who I wanted to lose) won at least 4 of the rounds. Lots of raging online from KSI fans though just because he was unreal in the final round. 1 great round doesn't win a fight though (if it goes to points).
I think KSI edged a couple of the rounds, but then destroyed Logan in the final round, which I thought would shift it in his favour. Overall I think a draw is relatively fair.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Curiosity got the better of me and I watched it. Why are people treating it like it's legit?! WWE is less choreographed and better acted than that was.

One guy gets the first three rounds, other gets the last three. Rematch and have content on Youtube for another 6 months.

Skills

Snitch
I think KSI edged it today, but will lose the rematch. Logan will have another long period of time to train as a boxer, get his cardio up etc, and he'll learn from getting gassed out too early.
Yeah I think ksi being trained for twice as long (as well as having a professional trainer) showed. Paul just seems much more athletic though and when he catches up with training, he should win.