Other Logan Paul v KSI Fight Discussion

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Ahh to be a fanboy again.
I don't like either of them, and I don't watch any of the content usually.

Just because I have a different view on whether it was staged, doesn't make me a 'fanboy' .. ffs.

Irrational.

It probably wasn't rigged and they genuinely gassed as boxing is incredibly energy-sapping. But that doesn't take away from the genius that tens of thousands of people paid to essentially watch a schoolyard scrap and increase the wealth of these numpties by a considerable margin. And it will happen again and again. Most of their fan-base is 10-12 years of age and it is worrying that these are so called role models for them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It probably wasn't rigged and they genuinely gassed as boxing is incredibly energy-sapping. But that doesn't take away from the genius that tens of thousands of people paid to essentially watch a schoolyard scrap and increase the wealth of these numpties by a considerable margin. And it will happen again and again. Most of their fan-base is 10-12 years of age and it is worrying that these are so called role models for them.
It is a bit weird, but it's just a fun event I guess. Nobody is really harmed, if people wanna pay to watch then why not? It was cheap entertainment, hardly a great sporting occasion, agree that it's genius though and we're going to see a lot more of it after it was such a success.

The role model thing is true as well, neither of these guys should be looked up to in terms of some of their antics. I do think that elements of their personalities can be respected though, they both had the balls to get in the ring, to train hard with professional trainers for months. I think they're two pretty driven lads, and I'll say it again it honestly wasn't that low quality of a fight considering the time both have had to train. I was quite impressed by some of the movement on show.

At the end of the day, I think people are seeing this as a really easy meal ticket for them, and fair enough. I will argue though, that to go through arduous training for long periods of time and then step in a ring for 6 rounds isn't that easy and most people really wouldn't be up for it. There's definitely far comfier ways both of them can make money, KSI can record himself gaming and it gets millions of hits, Logan can do some dumb music video or vlog and he's making easy money.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Don't think it was staged, I've coached a fair few fighters for a couple of months and seen them gas like that. Paul could clearly box, KSI not so much but Paul lost all control when he tired (mentally) and abandoned his reach advantage, I think he had a bit of an adrenaline dump despite pacing himself ok for the first couple of rounds, fwiw while none of these are ever going to be good and KSI's pro comments are really, really dumb. It was of a higher standard than most white collar fights with 2 or 3 months training.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
@Bojan11

Sorry if I was a tad irritable, don't wanna get personal but broke up with my girlfriend this morning so should prov avoid cav arguments for a while :lol: a tad more quick to anger than usual.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No idea who those two wankers are but it would've been worth a watch if they actually shot at each other instead of boxing. Would've done the world a world of good too.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Don't think it was staged, I've coached a fair few fighters for a couple of months and seen them gas like that. Paul could clearly box, KSI not so much but Paul lost all control when he tired (mentally) and abandoned his reach advantage, I think he had a bit of an adrenaline dump despite pacing himself ok for the first couple of rounds, fwiw while none of these are ever going to be good and KSI's pro comments are really, really dumb. It was of a higher standard than most white collar fights with 2 or 3 months training.
Interesting you think KSI was the inferior boxer, from an unqualified standpoint it looked like he had good movement/speed, but that Logan simply had too much reach for him to deal with for a long time. KSI has also been trained by an olympic medalist and for a long time, so it would be surprising if he really was the 'inferior' boxer. I was impressed by how good Logan was in the early rounds though, considering he's been training for a very short period of time.

I don't think the 'pro' comments should be taken seriously, it's just a bit of fun, I'm sure he and his trainer know he'd get slapped up against a professional. Maybe he wants to test himself against that though and see if he can 'last' for a decent amount of time.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Interesting you think KSI was the inferior boxer, from an unqualified standpoint it looked like he had good movement/speed, but that Logan simply had too much reach for him to deal with for a long time. KSI has also been trained by an olympic medalist and for a long time, so it would be surprising if he really was the 'inferior' boxer. I was impressed by how good Logan was in the early rounds though, considering he's been training for a very short period of time.

I don't think the 'pro' comments should be taken seriously, it's just a bit of fun, I'm sure he and his trainer know he'd get slapped up against a professional. Maybe he wants to test himself against that though and see if he can 'last' for a decent amount of time.
I thought Logan had a far better jab (of course helped by reach) and cut angles better, stopped KSI getting in very well (for a couple of rounds). KSI just wasn't as efficient imho, he was much quicker though. Inferior is probably the wrong term as there is very, very little between them and if there was a winner it would have been KSI last night but I thought Paul looked like he was more composed, calmer and just looked in control for the first two rounds despite some decent flurries by KSI, think he lost it then and gameplan went out the window but imho he'll win the rematch quite comfortably.

I heard KSI called out Rio which would be funny though i couldn't see Rio ever stooping to that level.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The agreement before the fight was one match in the UK and one in the US. If KSI won there still would have been a rematch in the US so why would they need to rig it?
Storyline, protect their brand, have each others fanbases constantly talking shit to each other which equals publicity.

These two guys have made a hugely lucrative career out of scripting "real life". Of course this is scripted too, for God sake.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Who are the two YouTubers and why are caftards having emotional arguments about them?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Who are the two YouTubers and why are caftards having emotional arguments about them?
I updated the thread title because this has moved away from my original rant. I now have to accept the cultural relevance of YouTubers who are at this point in time celebrities in their own right amongst people below 30 years old. The fact that major news outlets were had stories about the fight proves this.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I’m assuming all these people who claim “the draw was so obviously rigged lol” won a fortune from betting on the draw at odds of 20/1?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think anybody is having emotional arguments about them as people, but was just a debate over whether it was staged or not. I think most people accept both Logan and KSI are dicks (though I respect them a lot for getting in the ring).

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I thought Logan had a far better jab (of course helped by reach) and cut angles better, stopped KSI getting in very well (for a couple of rounds). KSI just wasn't as efficient imho, he was much quicker though. Inferior is probably the wrong term as there is very, very little between them and if there was a winner it would have been KSI last night but I thought Paul looked like he was more composed, calmer and just looked in control for the first two rounds despite some decent flurries by KSI, think he lost it then and gameplan went out the window but imho he'll win the rematch quite comfortably.

I heard KSI called out Rio which would be funny though i couldn't see Rio ever stooping to that level.
First two rounds I don't think KSI had any idea how to get through the reach, maybe he got a talking to by his trainer. Logan got bloody tired (whether he has a natural lack of stamina or just is lacking experience of boxing is the question, I think it's the latter) and he was able to take advantage of that.

KSI will need to pull something new out for the rematch, if he fights the same he'll lose because Logan will definitely learn from gassing out in the later rounds.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
KSI has just announced a huge UK & Europe tour for his music. Have to hand it to him, the man knows how to sell himself.

www.thenewagetour.com

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
The Pewdiepie stuff is pretty much the epitome of youtube fame.
For the shooting itself there should be another thread, I agree.
Posting a link to reddit which has a direct link to a man massacring innocent people... in a thread titled Youtube fame gone too far, almost seems like you're implying this has some correlation to Pewdiepie himself

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49571001

They've turned pro for the rematch. Eddie Hearn is presenting/promoting it in LA and it's not going to be on Youtube. They are headlining with pro boxers on the undercard.

Billie Joe Saunders is rumoured to be on the undercard... :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
People will do anything for money. Getting fecked getting punched you name it. It's been like that since the invention of money.

I'm more worried about the people that actually pays to watch people hit one another... yes including wwf and mma. Those arent sports. It's just carnal desire made legal by rules

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The last one was an interesting fight in its own way. Logan Paul could have taken KSI out early on but tried to humiliate his opponent by showboating instead and ended up having to hold on for a draw. If he’s learnt anything, this one won’t be very interesting at all.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
People will do anything for money. Getting fecked getting punched you name it. It's been like that since the invention of money.

I'm more worried about the people that actually pays to watch people hit one another... yes including wwf and mma. Those arent sports. It's just carnal desire made legal by rules
Why WWE? WWE has more in common with panto than a bloodsport.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s basically the same thing as the UFC letting that blonde WWE wrestler fight on one of their cards. Or the big, black, bald street fighter with the beard who died recently (brain not doing too good with names today!) Or McGregor getting to fight Mayweather. What the people want, the people get. Talent matters less and less.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

You can't appreciate dedication and skill? I'd say the majority of these sportsman have more control of themselves than most random people on the street.

Bwuk

It’s basically the same thing as the UFC letting that blonde WWE wrestler fight on one of their cards. Or the big, black, bald street fighter with the beard who died recently (brain not doing too good with names today!) Or McGregor getting to fight Mayweather. What the people want, the people get. Talent matters less and less.
Exactly. I bet this does a crazy buy rate.

I watched the first fight - I bet Logan wins the rematch. I think Logan from a PR standpoint would handle the loss better than KSI.

Skills

Snitch
What weight class will they fight at? Logan Paul is a much bigger guy than KSI, and outweighed him by about 20 pounds at the last fight

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What weight class will they fight at? Logan Paul is a much bigger guy than KSI, and outweighed him by about 20 pounds at the last fight
That's an interesting point actually. The past youtube fights have been a bit ridiculous at times as they've not had a weight class per say which has caused some hilarious mismatches in terms of the undercard. I assume that Logan will have to cut down in size a bit for this fight.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
According to Wiki...

The weigh-in was held on 24 August 2018 and was co-hosted by the same host as the London press conference True Geordie as well as Michael Buffer. KSI weighed in at 187 lb (85 kg). Meanwhile, Logan came in at 189 lb (86 kg).

Physically it definitely looked more than a kilo between them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
According to Wiki...

The weigh-in was held on 24 August 2018 and was co-hosted by the same host as the London press conference True Geordie as well as Michael Buffer. KSI weighed in at 187 lb (85 kg). Meanwhile, Logan came in at 189 lb (86 kg).

Physically it definitely looked more than a kilo between them.
Just watched a video and apparently it's cruiserweight - 90kg limit. Logan with a big advantage for me if that is the case.