Other Logan Paul v KSI Fight Discussion

AaronRedDevil

Apparently now Logan is gonna do a ufc match with his wrestling background. Ksi suggested cm punk:lol:.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Imagine spending your entire childhood in the gym when your friends were all out getting pissed and having a great time, putting your love life on hold to tour the amateur circuit, staying in crappy B&Bs before fighting in front of ten people and getting rabbit punched and elbowed by some Joe Bloggs every month, spending years training training training every day, putting your body under such incredible strain that you already know by the time you hit 40 you'll have arthritis and possibly severe head injuries, only for all of your hard work to go unnoticed because everyone is too busy tuning into Sky Sports and listening on BBC 5Live to some guy who shouts when he plays FIFA try and sloppily bitch slap some twat who wore a Pikachu hat once.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Imagine spending your entire childhood in the gym when your friends were all out getting pissed and having a great time, putting your love life on hold to tour the amateur circuit, staying in crappy B&Bs before fighting in front of ten people and getting rabbit punched and elbowed by some Joe Bloggs every month, spending years training training training every day, putting your body under such incredible strain that you already know by the time you hit 40 you'll have arthritis and possibly severe head injuries, only for all of your hard work to go unnoticed because everyone is too busy tuning into Sky Sports and listening on BBC 5Live to some guy who shouts when he plays FIFA try and sloppily bitch slap some twat who wore a Pikachu hat once.
The boxing commission should have asked both of them to fight a professional boxer for a license before they have their pay per view. They'd have high tailed it right out.

InfiniteBoredom

Yeah speaking as a non-boxing fan myself, I don’t see how this is good for the ‘sport’. It’s good for celebrity boxing where people pay to see well known plebs knocking the shit out of each other. Doubt the actual viewership will increase to any degree that would help the average Joe struggling to make it on the circuit.

Classical Mechanic

Without headgear it has to be professional. Only the amateurs wear the headgear. I think
They don’t wear head gear in amateur anymore either and the scoring is 10 point rounds too. They wear smaller gloves in the pros so knockouts are much more common. In amateur there is a no bleeding rule too so it’s generally less violent. Amateur bouts are 3 rounds whilst pros 4 - 12 rounds. The pace in amateur boxing is often more frenetic because of that.

RMD83

Maybe I’m showing my age but I can’t wrap my head around it. What is the appeal of watching two you tubers with limited boxing ability fight each other? On PPV none of the less. I don’t begrudge any one making a lot of money as long it’s honest but to think these two prats have probably just pocketed more money for some low level farcical fight than probably a vast majority of world champions ever has is bewildering. I thought reality tv was the low bar of entertainment but clearly the bar can be set lower. I understand admiring someone for being a great actor, singer, athlete etc but what exactly makes these lads have millions and millions of fans? I’d never heard of Logan Paul until he was in the papers for that suicide video and I remember ksi popping up on my YouTube recommendations years ago for opening Fifa packs, and playing Fifa while screaming and lobbing his chair around. Next thing I know a video pops up of him getting a Lamborghini shrink wrapped, I was genuinely shocked. Fair play to them I guess, making millions of pounds for providing such crap in return. It’s a sadder reflection on society than it is on them.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It was shit quality, even I could see that and I don't watch much boxing, but it was better to watch than some real fights I've seen. Still, I was pissed off at myself for staying up when I finally woke up today.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Maybe I’m showing my age but I can’t wrap my head around it. What is the appeal of watching two you tubers with limited boxing ability fight each other? On PPV none of the less. I don’t begrudge any one making a lot of money as long it’s honest but to think these two prats have probably just pocketed more money for some low level farcical fight than probably a vast majority of world champions ever has is bewildering. I thought reality tv was the low bar of entertainment but clearly the bar can be set lower. I understand admiring someone for being a great actor, singer, athlete etc but what exactly makes these lads have millions and millions of fans? I’d never heard of Logan Paul until he was in the papers for that suicide video and I remember ksi popping up on my YouTube recommendations years ago for opening Fifa packs, and playing Fifa while screaming and lobbing his chair around. Next thing I know a video pops up of him getting a Lamborghini shrink wrapped, I was genuinely shocked. Fair play to them I guess, making millions of pounds for providing such crap in return. It’s a sadder reflection on society than it is on them.
Kids can brag that my YouTuber is better than your YouTuber.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Miserable old fart here too. A lot of reality tv baffles me, and I suppose this was just an extension of that.

Come and watch someone who was an Olympic Runner 20 years ago, a newsreader and a soap opera actress in an ice skating competition Why? I don't understand those things. If I was into ice skating I'd be able tell how crap they were and it would be a bad watch. If I didn't like it then what am I tuning in for? Obviously the answer there is that I'm supposed to be interested in famous people no matter what, even when they're doing things they're not known for and not very good at.

A lot of people obviously are interested hence they get viewing figures so I'm not going to say they're wrong, just that none of that stuff is for me. I liked watching Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand play football, don't care how good they are at making lasagne or competitive knitting.

I don't really know that much about the content these 2 put out, but I suppose they have a talent for making videos that people (mostly kids/teenagers I'd imagine) enjoy watching. Where it's perhaps a little different from my gripe about watching someone famous for one thing do another is that I suppose these guys are famous for their persona rather than a specific talent? I'd imagine they make videos about different topics instead of just one thing and that their audience are tuning in for them more than the subject matter. Boxing is watching them do something else, as I'm sure each video is about watching them do a new thing each time. Still, if I was a fan of either I wouldn't want to watch when it comes down to it as I'd assume they'd be crap.

Last edited:

Bwuk

No way KSI won that fight imo.

This will be the end of YouTube boxing. Not really sure where they can go from there? KSI's beat the biggest YouTuber he could. Jake Paul maybe but I dunno if the appeal for a KSI vs the Pauls is there.

AaronRedDevil

No way KSI won that fight imo.

This will be the end of YouTube boxing. Not really sure where they can go from there? KSI's beat the biggest YouTuber he could. Jake Paul maybe but I dunno if the appeal for a KSI vs the Pauls is there.
I barely remember him throwing a punch tbh. Only remember Logan throwing 2 good hits in a 6 rounds. KSI seemed to be hitting him pretty much most of the fight and landed some dangerous shots, a real boxer probabaly would have flattened ksi though if he left himself open like that with a lot of his punches.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What's this shite about that tommy fury out of love island wanting to fight KSI ... Even called it a big fight :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
He is at least a boxer. Has had professional fights, Tyson Fury's brother, is trained by Ricky Hatton.
Yeah, but I mean, an actual boxer offering an internet kid a fight and acting like it would actually be a proper match is a bit moronic

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
To be fair there has been worse journeymen than KSI

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be fair there has been worse journeymen than KSI
Thread just sort of reads like an echo chamber of people moaning about something that they’re totally not the target audience for.

Bwuk

Tommy Fury isn't a big enough name for KSI to fight next.

He'd be a big drop down from Logan Paul, and arguably Joe Weller.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah speaking as a non-boxing fan myself, I don’t see how this is good for the ‘sport’. It’s good for celebrity boxing where people pay to see well known plebs knocking the shit out of each other. Doubt the actual viewership will increase to any degree that would help the average Joe struggling to make it on the circuit.
The average Billy "Joe" just got millions of followers and watchers because of his undercard fight, do you think anyone would have even watched any of those 8 undercard fights had it not been for this event aside from Billy Joe? This event put millions of eyes into some young fighters like Devin Hanley, Alfredo Alvarez.

Like I said before, KSI and Logan could have been doing anything, they are multi millionaires. Most people their age would be turning to drug abuse like most child stars after success, they chose boxing and to go through the intense training. They are a role model to millions like it or not and they are introducing youth to the sport instead of fecking up their lives. Maybe you're bashing the wrong celebrities.

Last edited:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Never thought I'd say this but I find Logan Paul weirdly likeable, 2 well known cnuts in the grand scheme of things but Logan has something endearing about him in like a WWE style villain kinda way or something. Will be some nice cheap entertainment to watch in the morning, gonna try and find a river and not check who won, have a feeling it's not gonna last very long.
Logan filmed a hanged man, edited it and posted it on YouTube. The guy isn't likeable in the slightest.

InfiniteBoredom

The average Billy "Joe" just got millions of followers and watchers because of his undercard fight, do you think anyone would have even watched any of those 8 undercard fights had it not been for this event aside from Billy Joe? This event put millions of eyes into some young fighters like Devin Hanley, Alfredo Alvarez.

Like I said before, KSI and Logan could have been doing anything, they are multi millionaires. Most people their age would be turning to drug abuse like most child stars after success, they chose boxing and to go through the intense training. They are a role model to millions like it or not and they are introducing youth to the sport instead of fecking up their lives. Maybe you're bashing the wrong celebrities.
And I think your fandom is blinding you to the obvious.

That particular fighter got a boost, good for him, but broader point stands. As these two moves on with their new hobbies, so do their fans, they follow the person, not the sport (I detest professional boxing btw, so it makes no difference to me whether it’s doing well or not). The average teen following their channel will continue on with their lives not watching another fight unless they are involved.

They know how to sell themselves and make money, good for them, go to town. I’ve never watched a single KSI/Logan Paul video and don’t intend to anytime soon, so I don’t begrudge them their success, so you can spare me the ‘they could’ve ruined their lives partying’. My only interest in this thread comes from watching adults acting out their inner child, that’s it.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
And I think your fandom is blinding you to the obvious.

That particular fighter got a boost, good for him, but broader point stands. As these two moves on with their new hobbies, so do their fans, they follow the person, not the sport (I detest professional boxing btw, so it makes no difference to me whether it’s doing well or not). The average teen following their channel will continue on with their lives not watching another fight unless they are involved.

They know how to sell themselves and make money, good for them, go to town. I’ve never watched a single KSI/Logan Paul video and don’t intend to anytime soon, so I don’t begrudge them their success, so you can spare me the ‘they could’ve ruined their lives partying’. My only interest in this thread comes from watching adults acting out their inner child, that’s it.
You have 10,000 posts on a Man United forum, get off your high horse from not watching a celebrity boxing match. :lol:

InfiniteBoredom

You have 10,000 posts on a Man United forum, get off your high horse from not watching a celebrity boxing match. :lol:
10000 post in 7 years, that’s about 4 a day FYI, and most of them in the CE/General.

And there’s no high horse, it simply doesn’t interest me, I just wouldn’t dress up me watching gaming streams on Twitch as ‘well they could have ruined they lives with drugs’ or ‘many will be interested in gaming because of this’. I do it for my personal enjoyment, as do you, I’d wager.

Maxii

Paad
They showed highlights from this on Sky Sports News. Fecking disgrace

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Logan filmed a hanged man, edited it and posted it on YouTube. The guy isn't likeable in the slightest.
Yeah absolutely. I found him the more likeable of the two during the press conference "WWE style BS", as in he seemed likeable in the cheesy villain role during those to me, but no doubt as I said the two of them are cnuts and Logan is by far and away the worst of the two for what he did. I in no way can condone any of that bullshit, and can never truly forgive anyone doing something as grotesquely cruel as that. That act should never be forgotten.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah absolutely. I found him the more likeable of the two during the press conference "WWE style BS", as in he seemed likeable in the cheesy villain role during those to me, but no doubt as I said the two of them are cnuts and Logan is by far and away the worst of the two for what he did. I in no way can condone any of that bullshit, and can never truly forgive anyone doing something as grotesquely cruel as that. That act should never be forgotten.
So, you'd say you are type who buys into current internet hype? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I mean we all buy into things in our own way. But it's worth thinking about...

As for this fight and the whole youtuber fame thing. Well, there's extreme views on both ends. But for me, some are actually talented. Especially on the twitch/streamer side of things. Some are actually worth the new world fame. For me neither of these two are as their talent lies in the people around them, but that being said, is it really different to...say...the spice girls? Or an actor chosen for their looks?

I mean the likes of the Paul brothers are trash, but they do put work in. Twitch streamers go live for at least 8hrs a day and have to be on camera and entertain and be squeaky clean for that whole time. Think about that, how is it easy? Why can't someone with no formal training, but has charisma, rise above the old industry ways of doing things?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For someone who is a 'fan' of KSI and absolutely loathes Logan this is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
KSI was funny when he did FIFA, unfortunately he disappeared up his own arsehole long ago. It’s all manufactured bollocks.
Don’t really care about any of that stuff tbf.

I just enjoyed him taking the piss out of Logan for being a salty cnut.