Other Logan Paul v KSI Fight Discussion

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Silliness. They're all dickheads because you don't particularly like what they do?

So strange how offended some get by YouTubers.
I don’t take and active interest in it so I don’t know many of them to say they’re all dickheads but the ones I’ve heard of like that Logan Paul fella yeah. I meant “all the dickheads” as in classifying those that fit the bill not all are dickheads.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
My brother does youtube and has over 2million subscribers, there is a hell of a lot of money in youtube and it’s guys like us that fund it. No complaints from me.
namedrop.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
So, stuck in a Gatwick hotel and there's some shitty TV show on Dave about cars getting wrapped and who walks in? KSI's brother who has a smaller YouTube channel getting his fecking Lamborghini wrapped. Not bad for making videos.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I don't get the problem with YouTubers being famous, there's no difference between them and tv personalities or even some pop stars.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't get the problem with YouTubers being famous, there's no difference between them and tv personalities or even some pop stars.
Apart from they've got no real talent apart from being annoying as feck, that includes TV personalities and pop stars.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I don't have any problem with YouTubers being famous if they're good. It's people like the Logan brothers or SMOSH who are, from what little I've seen of them, annoying. As you say that's no different to TV personalities.

Trizy

Sam Pepper :nervous:
Never heard of him. Googled his channel, clicked it and an auto video played with ''Kan av a slice of that pizzah'', then closed the tap as quick as I opened it. Not for me.

Most youtubers are annoying but good on them for making money, especially the ones who constantly advertise and sell their merchandise. Can't believe people (kids?) actually wear their shit :lol:.

There are plenty of great channels on youtube for everyones taste. I myself have a very small list I subscribe though. Such as Philip De Franco, The True Gordie, Beaneyman (sports highlights, interviews, motd, brilliant channel for PL fans), KSI :nervous:, The Hodge Twins, The F2 and devinsupertramp. Not that anyone cares, but there you go :lol:

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I can see why these people appeal to high school kids but you seriously need to grow up if you are an adult and find these entertaining or funny.

Toad

Problem with youtube advertising is like many people have said, probably about 80% of the viewers are kids, kids have no money, they are not going to buy your merchandise.

Hoof the ball

No salt at all for any rich and famous YouTuber. Look, you might find them annoying, but, a subscriber count the size needed to make them rich clearly indicates that they (1) know who their target audience is, (2) know how to produce content to keep said target audience coming back, (3) work hard at evolving in how they produce their videos in an ever-changing algorithm and (4) generally work hard at their craft, or as much as anyone else with a 9-5 job.

Fair play to them. They're there because they have business acumen, a work ethic and commitment to do something which, let's be fair, started out as a non-paying hobby.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Sam Pepper :nervous:
So your brother is a guy who faked situations where he supposedly sexually harassed people for views?
Could be the wrong guy or bad Intel, but came up from googling.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I don't mind some of them making it big. I've watched True Geordie and Jacksepticeye since both were really small fry, and it's nice to see both of them doing well, especially the latter as he's a really nice bloke (I sense falseness in true Geordie but he's still an alright guy) - I watch a lot of Ashesn stuff too and he's fairly big in his genre. My fave is definitely MichaelCtulhu, who makes swords and things from scratch. They're stupidly long but I must have watched all of them over the years. I'm not even into swords, or welding.

Some of them just puzzle me with how and why they're popular, the Paul brothers, the dude with the funny teeth that's fighting KSI, Kasey something? who just looks alien, the ones that do nothing but open boxes of Funko pops etc.

Fair play to them all though, they've found a niche and catered to it. Even if it's a channel like crushing something with a hydraulic press.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
My problem with youtube fame is that clearly youtube has an agenda and promotes IDIOTS. Most of these 'celebs' have absolutely nothing about them that's of interest. The thing is like all 'celebrity' its really just a brand of marketing. So people that play VR for example promote VR and then you have to question will someone KNOCKING vr constantly do well? I don't think so. It's an industry ready to explode so you can be a celeb purely on the basis of opportunism and being a useful idiot for big corporations ready to step in.

Irrational.

My problem with youtube fame is that clearly youtube has an agenda and promotes IDIOTS. Most of these 'celebs' have absolutely nothing about them that's of interest. The thing is like all 'celebrity' its really just a brand of marketing. So people that play VR for example promote VR and then you have to question will someone KNOCKING vr constantly do well? I don't think so. It's an industry ready to explode so you can be a celeb purely on the basis of opportunism and being a useful idiot for big corporations ready to step in.
In a nutshell. Making stupid people famous is what it is. As long as they have their fan base (in KSI's case a good millions of 9-10 year old boys) they won't care. My worry is that people like this are shit role models as well, this breeding a generation of idiots.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Apart from they've got no real talent apart from being annoying as feck, that includes TV personalities and pop stars.
Supply and demand and all that. In my own very subjective mind i can not fathom why anyone enjoys pro-wrestling, fashion blogging, snooker and youtube "let's play's", but at the same time other people might find it strange that i lose my fecking mind over 22 men kicking a ball.

Youtube stars might seem like untalented plonkers, but remember there are also thousands if not millions of content creators on youtube that never reach fame and glory. Most of them because they are really terrible, but there are actually some pretty good ones that does obscure stuff for the specially interested and the ones that do hit the jackpot in terms of fans must have something that people want to hear/see

The big problem with youtube, and especially videos of political nature is that the algoritm brings up related videos that share much of the same views, which pushes people further and further into the echo chamber. Youtubers not also being bound by the same rules and guidelines as traditional media, and you can encounter some pretty grim stuff if you dive deep enough into the rabbit hole

OneUnited24

I think peoples view of Youtube has been skewed by the latest generation of "drama artists" who only generate views by creating drama with each other for their younger fan face to eat up.

There are some that make pretty good content.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If anything it hasn't gone far enough.

I'll only be satisfied when PewdePie (Or whatever he's called) runs for president of some country he's not even from and then once successfully elected declares war on the moon.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I dunno, there's clearly a demand for these lunatics. I think a lot of people overrate the collective intelligence of the human race. We like this kind moronic tripe.

The caf is clearly above this sort of thing of course.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I think peoples view of Youtube has been skewed by the latest generation of "drama artists" who only generate views by creating drama with each other for their younger fan face to eat up.

There are some that make pretty good content.
Jenny Nicholson and Red Letter Media are the two entertainment channels I watch regularly. Very bright, very funny and not at all like the Paul brothers. I watch and listen to them as I might listen to the radio if I did.

And then there are channels with recreations of cities of the past, or rare music. There's a lot that's good.

I'm not sure that I think much of the people in charge of YouTube, though. Their response to the Logan Paul controversy was to make it very difficult for small creators to make headway because... buggered if I know.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So your brother is a guy who faked situations where he supposedly sexually harassed people for views?
and faked killing someone's friend in front of them

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah idiots like the Paul brothers are just morons.

But there are some genuinely talented people too, the main man at the moment DanTDM is very good at content creation, not just on youtube either.

Toad

Obviously didn’t want you to bring that up but hey had to.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
The Albuquerque Journal reports that the intruder Christopher Giles—described by police as “single, lonely and disturbed”—drove 11 hours from New Mexico to the couple’s home in Austin after growing infatuated with Turney’s YouTube videos. Turney and Free were woken at 3:40am on January 26 by “the sound of breaking glass and a gunshot”.

While Giles searched the house for the couple, they hid in their bedroom closet and called 911. Giles, unable to find Turney and Free, returned to his car and attempted to drive off. While still in the driveway, however, Austin Police arrived and “ordered him to stop”.

A gunshot was then heard from inside the car, with Giles later pronounced dead with “a .45 caliber handgun near his hand”. While an official cause of death has not been announced, a “preliminary postmortem examination by the Travis County Medical Examiner found that Giles may have shot himself.”

An Austin detective wrote in court documents, obtained by The Albuquerque Journal, that “A search of Giles’ cellular phone identified various notations identifying Megan Turney and Gavin Free by name. Furthermore, threatening thoughts were recorded by Giles and directed toward Gavin Free, i.e., ‘I want Gavin Free to die alone, with no children.’”

Detectives searching Giles’ home say he was “an avid player of video games and was known for watching YouTube videos that were centered on his hobby.” They seized a number of items (“two cellphones, a laptop, two tablets and an XBox gaming system”) as evidence, and “believe that evidence related to the planned burglary and homicides of Megan Turney and Gavin Free will be found.”

Neither Turney or Free were harmed during the incident.

Turney is a cosplayer and former Rooster Teeth host with a popular YouTube channel, while Free, also formerly of Rooster Teeth, is the co-creator of the Slow Mo Guys.

https://kotaku.com/armed-fan-invade...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow
:eek: Thankfully these two folks got away unharmed

On a more cynical note, it's good to see that they haven't attempted to use this ordeal for monetary or viewership gain, yet. Which is a nice change for the 'youtube stars' of today.

cyberman

The bastarding Manchester Arena! That's a 20,000 capacity for two amateurs boxing badly.

Santos J

He's been in the gym with Floyd Sr and training with Bisping too apparently, not slacking on the training.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
YouTube is the fecking bane of society. More and more impressionable young people watching it as a source of factual news. When in reality it’s just people opinions. Often woefully ill informed opinions.

Kill it with fecking fire.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
YouTube is the fecking bane of society. More and more impressionable young people watching it as a source of factual news. When in reality it’s just people opinions. Often woefully ill informed opinions.

Kill it with fecking fire.
Nothing wrong with YouTube. It has both content as well as that from television and other media. But it is unfiltered and much like anything on the internet such as Facebook, Twitter etc. one has to exercise their own intelligence to use it well.

The problem is that there is a demand for absolutely nonsensical things which reflects poorly on society in general. Like that Twitch for example. I tried watching a little and it was abysmal.

Ace of Spades

Yeah, there are some good things on YouTube, it is just some of these channels and youtubers that are really dumb, and I can't believe how popular some of them are.