Television Loki (Tv series)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Admittedly, I’ve been watching most of the episodes whilst trying to multitasking but I am a little lost. Having really liked season 1, I think I might need to give S2 a rewatch and pay more attention to really enjoy it.

Oldyella

Been avoiding the thread, so it's worth watching? I liked most of the first season but not much else on the D+ MCU. Something to watch once I've finished GenV
Personally think so. I think if you enjoyed the first, you will this. Think Loki has been the stand out of the d+ stuff, and the last two episodes especially have been great. Love Moorhead and Bensons stuff, hope they get more mcu stuff after this.

decorativeed

Admittedly, I’ve been watching most of the episodes whilst trying to multitasking but I am a little lost. Having really liked season 1, I think I might need to give S2 a rewatch and pay more attention to really enjoy it.
Same here. Although I think I start multi tasking during the episodes as I've been finding it over complicated and increasingly boring. After half the season I've found myself wondering what the point of it is other than giving some more screen time to Jonathan Majors to ham up the place some more in anticipation of the (possibly soon to be scrapped) Kang era.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Been avoiding the thread, so it's worth watching? I liked most of the first season but not much else on the D+ MCU. Something to watch once I've finished GenV
Yeah. This is completely different to other MCU shows or their recent movies. I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece but it’s quite good.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Same here. Although I think I start multi tasking during the episodes as I've been finding it over complicated and increasingly boring. After half the season I've found myself wondering what the point of it is other than giving some more screen time to Jonathan Majors to ham up the place some more in anticipation of the (possibly soon to be scrapped) Kang era.
I feel the same yeah. Like a lot has actually happened, without much actually happening kind of vibe. Really like the show though, but haven’t got into S2 at all.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Good to know. I’ll pass so. I liked S1 but enjoyed it less and less as the plot got more and more tortuous. I only really liked it because it was a very watchable actor playing an interesting character. I’m not an MCU fan at all so if the narrative has crawled up it’s multiversal arse then this definitely isn’t for me.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Finally got going in the last two episodes, 5 in particular was fantastic. So annoying that we're at the finale already, but it's apparently just under an hour long, so it should be a good one.

Oldyella

Incredible last episode. 4, 5 and 6 were really strong. This really was my bag! Not sure where they go from here though, if they even try.

Ahmer Baig

Just finished watching and I have to say best thing Marvel produced since Endgame.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just watching episode 3, and finding Majors annoying as feck
yeah, this for me too. There usually seems to be some major acting issue that prohibits me from fully enjoying this. In S1 it was Sylvie and this time it’s Majors. Though I didn’t find him annoying last season, this kind of Neil De Grasse by way of Cornel West character is just an incredibly irritating bag of actory quirks. It’s like a guy who’s been cool & popular his whole life trying to play a nerd in an SNL skit - it’s at that level of silliness. All stuttering and stupid word emphasis. I fecking hated it.

Plus Sylvie is still there, with even less worth or purpose and twice as boring and uncharismatic as before & now she wants to work at McDonalds or something? Sure, whatever.

I did kinda of admire they went all weird and abstract at the end, but I’m not sure why we needed the whole episode up to that point to be about Loki painstakingly managing the efforts of a human to go out into the whatever without getting turned into spaghetti when Loki himself could just… do it? And presumably Sylvie too? I dunno cos we’ve never actually know what she can or can’t do. But hey, Superhero shit. Who cares I guess. They can do whatever when they need to and can’t when they dont. Shut up.

The music was good.

decorativeed

yeah, this for me too. There usually seems to be some major acting issue that prohibits me from fully enjoying this. In S1 it was Sylvie and this time it’s Majors. Though I didn’t find him annoying last season, this kind of Neil De Grasse by way of Cornel West character is just an incredibly irritating bag of actory quirks. It’s like a guy who’s been cool & popular his whole life trying to play a nerd in an SNL skit - it’s at that level of silliness. All stuttering and stupid word emphasis. I fecking hated it.

Plus Sylvie is still there, with even less worth or purpose and twice as boring and uncharismatic as before & now she wants to work at McDonalds or something? Sure, whatever.

I did kinda of admire they went all weird and abstract at the end, but I’m not sure why we needed the whole episode up to that point to be about Loki painstakingly managing the efforts of a human to go out into the whatever without getting turned into spaghetti when Loki himself could just… do it? And presumably Sylvie too? I dunno cos we’ve never actually know what she can or can’t do. But hey, Superhero shit. Who cares I guess. They can do whatever when they need to and can’t when they dont. Shut up.

The music was good.
Glad I'm not the only one. It's an incredibly irritating performance.

The music and production design are the best things about the show, and worth the watch alone.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That scene of exchange between Loki and One who remains, where you can feel bit of tension building and psychological fight between characters, without planets exploding every 3 seconds was kinda great.

So thank you Marvel, for not throwing special effects for the sake of it, and actually making interesting scene.

Last edited:

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Much, MUCH better than season 1. Everything top to bottom was better, not perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot more than most MCU stuff of late.

Johnathan Majors is a weird one. I didnt like his take on he who remains in the first season, thought he was goofy as feck. Hie Timely character was mostly annoying. But his revisited He who remains was brilliant. Really menacing in a not in your face kinda way. Seeing two really good actors being giving stuff to say and do that equaled their talents was great. As I said, much, MUCH better.

I cant help but feel that Loki season 2 can now be an excuse to just ditch Majors and the Kang shit altogether. Loki now sits as the King of time and space, its protector against the Kangs. I guess its also a good place to just leave Loki as well. His character arc is complete. He always wanted to be king, to have a throne and be all powerful. And now that hes put aside the selfishness that drove him before, he finally has that now in service to everyone else.

My only real complaint is that the pacing was horrible. You could really see the writing struggle with the limitations of just 6 episodes with the story they wanted to tell. But it still works, and much more impressively its a sharp turn around from most of the dog shit that Marvel has been pumping out in service to Disney+. Will this be the catalyst to revive the failing franchise? I doubt it, I think the superhero stuff is just done as being the main thing people want to see. But if they can give more marvel content like this, I think its fortunes could still have a place going forward.

Hamnat

Interesting season having just finished. This could easily be the offramp to just ditch Kang now imo if they have to and rethink things going forward. Time stories get really tiring after awhile and you start hitting continuity gaps easily. Well if so and so could do that why not fix, this or that?

Sylvie was the weakest link to the season. She didnt have to be there at all if they were not going to develop Enchantress using her. Give her some sort of future purpose or character building. I dont think she got any really.

Loki on the other hand really grew. In the entirety of his MCU appearances he got to show a wide range of emotions. Got to show a ton of range and had many different stories. This seems like a fitting end if they never want to use Loki again he got a full circle story on screen.

Oldyella

Interesting season having just finished. This could easily be the offramp to just ditch Kang now imo if they have to and rethink things going forward. Time stories get really tiring after awhile and you start hitting continuity gaps easily. Well if so and so could do that why not fix, this or that?

Sylvie was the weakest link to the season. She didnt have to be there at all if they were not going to develop Enchantress using her. Give her some sort of future purpose or character building. I dont think she got any really.

Loki on the other hand really grew. In the entirety of his MCU appearances he got to show a wide range of emotions. Got to show a ton of range and had many different stories. This seems like a fitting end if they never want to use Loki again he got a full circle story on screen.
It didn't feelile they knew what to do with Sylvie. Just came back as she's a character from the 1st season. She's not quite enchantress and not quite loki, and her story felt done after season 1.

It does feel like a fitting end for Loki, but I hope it isn't. Feels like one of the more interesting character in mcu now, and they need them atm!

dinostar77

I enjoyed season 2 of loki. Hope they can resist using him again for a good while and leave him where he is.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Avengers: Kang Dynasty is used to prematurely kill off Kang from the MCU. After that we have Avengers: Secret Wars, if they go down the route of Dr Doom, rebooting the MCU, then all bets are off....

Drifter

American
Started slowly and got better towards the end. At last, we saw the power of Loki at the end.

Bole Top

it's like in Ahsoka. you're being led to believe something is happening, but there really isn't. 4 whole episodes of talking about clocks, tempads and preparing for... whatever. in reality, the plot fits into two longer episodes. I'm going to finish it, but the first season was much, much better. it's never a good sign when I keep reaching for my phone when I watch something.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Thought S2 started with contrived writing and actors trying too hard. Then the reveals started, the plot thickened, and the last three episodes really stepped it up. The ending was beautifully written, and was cathartic on multiple levels. Really well done. Best Marvel content since Endgame.

RedDevilRoshi

Started slowly but finished pretty well. Then again I went in with low expectations as the past few Marvel films & tv series have been very meh.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Thought S2 started with contrived writing and actors trying too hard. Then the reveals started, the plot thickened, and the last three episodes really stepped it up. The ending was beautifully written, and was cathartic on multiple levels. Really well done. Best Marvel content since Endgame.
Agreed. Season two ends brilliantly and season one still remains the best thing Marvel have done in some time.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Genuinely loved the finale. Loki in his final form was incredible. This season took a while to get going, as the first did, but they smashed the landing once again. Not sure where this leaves Kang going forward...

Sylar

Genuinely loved the finale. Loki in his final form was incredible. This season took a while to get going, as the first did, but they smashed the landing once again. Not sure where this leaves Kang going forward...
Agreed with this and most who said it started slow but got better.
Final three eps were great to watch esp back to back to back.

Thought overall it was better than s1.
That scene of exchange between Loki and One who remains, where you can feel bit of tension building and psychological fight between characters, without planets exploding every 3 seconds was kinda great.

So thank you Marvel, for not throwing special effects for the sake of it, and actually making interesting scene.
Yeah loved that scene with two really good actors given decent content to work with

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Ok so this was quite good. Could've been better, for sure, but compared to the dross Marvel put out usually, this was levels above.