Television Loki (Tv series)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Pretty sure Thor isn't that funny in the comics. He mostly talks in a pretty serious and poetic way to make him different than the other heroes considered his state as a Nordic god.

But for the MCU the Thor version that was present pre Ragnarok was damn boring and by far the least interesting out of the cast. Ragnarok made him ten times better regarding the MCU, and regardless of how he acts in the comics.
This is exactly my arguement to my friend.

pascell

Liked it. Backstory fillers were a drag.

And Mobius the self proclaimed catcher of dangerous variants, loses his clicker to a dumb pickpocket move? And the next few scenes...way to go to make the TVA looks like bunch of amateurs!
Maybe it's part of the play to get him on side? After all, they know the path everyone should be on.

I enjoyed it, Wandavision and The Falcon/Winter Soldier didn't kick off from the get go, needed the first episode to build the story.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Maybe it's part of the play to get him on side? After all, they know the path everyone should be on.
They know the Sacred Path, but with the variants out of that path, will the TVA still know their other paths too? Perhaps only Time Keepers do, not sure.

That's what I'm counting on too. Else it'll be super lame for TVA.

pascell

They know the Sacred Path, but with the variants out of that path, will the TVA still know their other paths too? Perhaps only Time Keepers do, not sure.

That's what I'm counting on too. Else it'll be super lame for TVA.
I think they will and they'll use this variant of Loki to put it all right.

I agree if it turns out that way then it'll probably ruin the series for me.

I think its a good start, all series will be different but Loki has scope to be a very clever series.

decorativeed

In case it was good?!
Most people think it is. You expected it to be shite for whatever reason and decided it was.

I'm not saying you have to agree, but I tend to not bother with something if I don't like the look of it, rather than watching it the first day it comes out. It just seems a bit weird. Like self flagilation. Which is fine if you're into that kind of thing, I suppose.

Sylar

Most people think it is. You expected it to be shite for whatever reason and decided it was.

I'm not saying you have to agree, but I tend to not bother with something if I don't like the look of it, rather than watching it the first day it comes out. It just seems a bit weird. Like self flagilation. Which is fine if you're into that kind of thing, I suppose.
Im with you. Most things I think are not going to be worth it, I wait until a season or so then look at reviews, see if it's been renewed etc

What I'm doing with power book 2 or some of the Netflix series now

decorativeed

Im with you. Most things I think are not going to be worth it, I wait until a season or so then look at reviews, see if it's been renewed etc

What I'm doing with power book 2 or some of the Netflix series now
I did the same with Lost and GoT. After the reactions to the endings, I thought it was definitely not worth all the hours invested in it!

decorativeed

No but who cares if it's first day or 100th Day? He still believes it's crap.
Because he's gone out of his way to watch something he had predetermined was going to be crap. Why not choose to watch something you might possibly actually enjoy? Life's too short to actively choose to watch stuff you know you're not going to enjoy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because he's gone out of his way to watch something he had predetermined was going to be crap. Why not choose to watch something you might possibly actually enjoy? Life's too short to actively choose to watch stuff you know you're not going to enjoy.
I already told you - curiousity. And hope. We've all been pleasantly surprised by some films. And we all go out of our way to watch things. Doesn't matter how soon after release. Maybe he's not super pressed for time? People watch all sorts of crap these days due to the whole streaming /binge watching culture.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes. But the Marvel TV series have been good.
Can't say. Haven't watched any due to the films. Might try one out. Which one of the 3/4 do you think is the best? I also know feck all about their 'universe' so hope that won't be an issue?

Spoony

The People's President
Can't say. Haven't watched any due to the films. Might try one out. Which one of the 3/4 do you think is the best? I also know feck all about their 'universe' so hope that won't be an issue?
All worth a watch. I like the aesthetic direction of Loki it reminds me of Mindhunter. WandaVision isn't standard Marvel as well. Falcon and WS was fun but nearer to conventional Marvel stuff but good TV nonetheless. I hate the movies too so I've been pleasantly surprised.

decorativeed

I really like the music in this. One theme has cellos and what sounds like an ondes martenot. Lovely stuff.

b82REZ

It's the same everytime something new comes out. People just love to be contrarian and be the first to shit on something for Internet points.

I'm with you, if I expected to dislike something I certainly wouldn't be tuning in day one just to confirm my suspicions. Shouldn't be surprised though, it's always the same on the Caf. Look at the WandaVision thread, people couldn't wait to shit on it.

el3mel

It's the same everytime something new comes out. People just love to be contrarian and be the first to shit on something for Internet points.

I'm with you, if I expected to dislike something I certainly wouldn't be tuning in day one just to confirm my suspicions. Shouldn't be surprised though, it's always the same on the Caf. Look at the WandaVision thread, people couldn't wait to shit on it.
I really don't see the problem. Even if I dislike the concept of a show what prevents me from watching the first episode and see if it wasn't what I expected? If this was a movie of 2 and half hours I might understand the idea that you won't want to sit through all of it but the first episode of a show? I see no harm in him trying it himself and see if it surprised him or not. No contradiction or hypocrisy for me at all. Better than shitting on it without actually seeing it.

Drifter

American
Good start to the series. Loved the reaction of Loki when he realized that there are forces out there stronger than Thanos.

Sylar

I really don't see the problem. Even if I dislike the concept of a show what prevents me from watching the first episode and see if it wasn't what I expected? If this was a movie of 2 and half hours I might understand the idea that you won't want to sit through all of it but the first episode of a show? I see no harm in him trying it himself and see if it surprised him or not. No contradiction or hypocrisy for me at all. Better than shitting on it without actually seeing it.
Maybe, but then to find a thread specifically on it just to say
I expected shit and I got shit...

Come on, we know why this was done

el3mel

Maybe, but then to find a thread specifically on it just to say
I expected shit and I got shit...

Come on, we know why this was done
In fairness where else was he going to post about it? :D

b82REZ

The show aired on Wednesday. By 5pm the poster, who expected to hate had gone out of their way to watch a show they expected to dislike and had posted their insightful review.

Like others have said, if they were so certain they'd dislike it why tune in as soon as it was released? Surely the best course would be to wait for a few episodes to air and see what the consensus was. Instead it was just another in a rising trend on the Caf of being the first to buck popular trends.

I wasn't keen on Falcon/Winter Soldier but I watched a few episodes before totally writing it off, and I certainly wasn't posting an hour or two after it'd come out about how it was as shit as I'd expected.

el3mel

The show aired on Wednesday. By 5pm the poster, who expected to hate had gone out of their way to watch a show they expected to dislike and had posted their insightful review.

Like others have said, if they were so certain they'd dislike it why tune in as soon as it was released? Surely the best course would be to wait for a few episodes to air and see what the consensus was. Instead it was just another in a rising trend on the Caf of being the first to buck popular trends.

I wasn't keen on Falcon/Winter Soldier but I watched a few episodes before totally writing it off, and I certainly wasn't posting an hour or two after it'd come out about how it was as shit as I'd expected.
I feel it probably makes more sense to just check the first episode of a show you're not that keen on to see if it's worth following later or not, than having to binge-watch several episodes later, beside, even if the consensus about the show was good, doesn't mean that you'll end up liking it. Only watching something of it yourself is the only way to determine if it was good or bad.

b82REZ

I feel it probably makes more sense to just check the first episode of a show you're not that keen on to see if it's worth following later or not, than having to binge-watch several episodes later, beside, even if the consensus about the show was good, doesn't mean that you'll end up liking it. Only watching something of it yourself is the only way to determine if it was good or bad.
You're missing the point, or willfully ignoring it.

If he was so certain he'd dislike it, why did he tune in a couple of hours after it'd aired. By all means check it out at some point to confirm your suspicions, but to do so within an hour or two of release and then to make a post about it screams, "Look at me being contrarian".

It wasn't even an insightful post explaining why they disliked it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

If he was so certain he'd dislike it, why did he tune in a couple of hours after it'd aired. By all means check it out at some point to confirm your suspicions, but to do so within an hour or two of release and then to make a post about it screams, "Look at me being contrarian".

Why does it bother everyone so much if someone suspected it was going to be shit, and found it shit? If they wasted their own time waiting on this to air, to watch it as soon as it came out - that’s on them. I found it a bit slow but I think the premise is set and I’ll continue watching for sure. And I’m also fairly certain it’ll become more entertaining etc

el3mel

I guess that's a point only he can respond to. I just didn't find a problem in watching the first episode of something you were expecting to not be good.