London Bridge Incident | 29th November 2019

Spark

My boss is in the area. Looks like police have shot someone on the bridge.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
My boss is in the area. Looks like police have shot someone on the bridge.
Yeah some madman was running around with a knife and the police got him on the bridge. No idea if anyone else was hurt.

@sun_tzu I'm glad you deleted your post.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Close up footage of incident including the shots fired.

decent footage with shots fired.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Close up footage of incident including the shots fired.

very good footage
something obviousley happened around 33 seconds in that made the officer back off - aim and shoot
Hard to know what it was but the situation clearly changed in his mind pretty quickly

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
very good footage
something obviousley happened around 33 seconds in that made the officer back off - aim and shoot
Hard to know what it was but the situation clearly changed in his mind pretty quickly
Yeah. I wonder what happened at that moment.

@TheReligion - Any views on why an armed police officer would do that? Whats the training protocol to initiate such decisions?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
This is even clearer

pretty sure it shows an officer with a tazer there as well - but they choose to open fire with the gun
As I say seems to be something about 33 seconds into the previous video where the officer backs off and aims ... perhaps saw something that changed the risk in his mind?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
This is even clearer

pretty sure it shows an officer with a tazer there as well - but they choose to open fire with the gun
As I say seems to be something about 33 seconds into the previous video where the officer backs off and aims ... perhaps saw something that changed the risk in his mind?
Presumably they thought there was a risk of an explosion or something?

Rooney24

very good footage
Who knows what gone on. I am going to assume he had a bomb, otherwise why would the officer shoot someone on the Ground?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Who knows what gone on. I am going to assume he had a bomb, otherwise why would the officer shoot someone on the Ground?
that was my initial thoughts... which if its true will open up the whole corbyn shoot to kill thing again - deleated it waiting to hear what might have happened but it was the first thought that crossed my mind
Having seen the footage then yeah surely there must have been a reason not to go with the tazer
that said to the best of my knowledge there has been no bomb disposal at the scene (or not that i have seen reported) which you would have expected if there was a belief there was explosives

Given the footage in circulation I think the police will have to come out with a statement pretty quick

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
that was my initial thoughts... which if its true will open up the whole corbyn shoot to kill thing again - deleated it waiting to hear what might have happened but it was the first thought that crossed my mind
Having seen the footage then yeah surely there must have been a reason not to go with the tazer
that said to the best of my knowledge tgere has been no bomb disposal at the scene (or not that i have seen reported) which you would have expected if there was a belief there was explosives
Seems to have all happened very quickly. If so, not enough time for bomb disposal team to get there!

It seems obvious that officer took decision to shoot because they suspected there was another imminent and serious threat to life.

Am sure whatever the motivations of the suspect, it will be politicised and linked to the election by the end of the day.

Sara125

that said to the best of my knowledge tgere has been no bomb disposal at the scene (or not that i have seen reported) which you would have expected if there was a belief there was explosives
Yeah this seems to be correct. I am seeing reports that the suspect had a suicide vest on so they had to shoot him

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Certainly looks like the knife had been taken off the guy and this chap removed it from being anywhere close to him at about 28 seconds into the video ... and then about 4 seconds later the officer is backing up and takes a shot - hard to see what happened in those 4 seconds but it seems the risk must have changed in the officers head very quickly - bomb threat would seem the obvious one?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This is even clearer

Looks like a member of the public had pinned the guy on the floor (maybe plain clothed police officer) and they drag him off pronto once they see something and take the guy out?

Be safe Londoners. :(

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Certainly looks like the knife had been taken off the guy and this chap removed it from being anywhere close to him at about 28 seconds into the video ... and then about 4 seconds later the officer is backing up and takes a shot - hard to see what happened in those 4 seconds but it seems the risk must have changed in the officers head very quickly - bomb threat would seem the obvious one?
I can only imagine they've been given a kill order considering he's been running around stabbing people. At that point they probably could have subdued him so im sure itll be a question asked.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
didn't take long .... am sure the right will also soon respond with their own garb.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I know you want them alive preferably but feck that stain on the earth. Well done everyone involved.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
All that shit is defo for another thread. Ket's keep this one to actual news.
Yeah plenty of time to assess the political ramifications on Johnson or Corbyn and the spiel from twitter and its Bots. We still barely know what's going on

This is even clearer

Some reports said he had something in his hand. No time to find out what it is in those circumstances.