Television The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Geoff Morrel is a cool looking old fella isn't he? That's how I want to look when I'm that age.

vidic blood & sand

It would be better to explore new stories. The Peter Jackson LOTR trilogy is a masterpiece.
Got me through so many boring trips to and from America in the early 2000s.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
It would be better to explore new stories. The Peter Jackson LOTR trilogy is a masterpiece.
Like any sane person on this world I have an annual trilogy marathon where I re-watch them all in 1 day.

Moiraine

How dare you even ask
Have you guys noticed there are few different scenes in normal versions than extended editions. I have watched extended for like 900 times (back to back) and was watching normal one on Netflix last week. Some scenes that weren’t on extended made me feel like .... come on guys, you know the feeling :wenger:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The worst part of ROTK is when Aragorn delivers his speech in front of the Black Gate and it's nowhere near as epic as the version in the trailer. That basically ruined the film for me when I saw it at the cinema.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Like any sane person on this world I have an annual trilogy marathon where I re-watch them all in 1 day.
They are one of my favourite trilogies of all time but I must say, the book is even better.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
They are one of my favourite trilogies of all time but I must say, the book is even better.
I'm infinitely glad that I read the books a few years before the movies came out and had a brief period of time during which the visualisation of each character was floating around in my head uniquely to me.

It's hard to separate them from the film version now, whether I approved of it or not.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The worst part of ROTK is when Aragorn delivers his speech in front of the Black Gate and it's nowhere near as epic as the version in the trailer. That basically ruined the film for me when I saw it at the cinema.
It's also because we had such a feckin awesome speech by Theoden in the same movie.

Spoony

The People's President
I struggle with the trilogy thesedsays. They ought to do another adaptation of LOTRs. This time with hobbit sex...surely they did?

Spoony

The People's President
Why do you struggle with trilogy?

Hmmmm...just find it too 2D...the characters don't have much personality. Perhaps I've seen it too much and the scenes I liked don't do it for me anymore. As for the books I gave up a bit into Two Towers.

SirAF

Ageist
I struggle with the trilogy thesedsays. They ought to do another adaptation of LOTRs. This time with hobbit sex...surely they did?
You know what they said about Frodo and Sam. What happens in Mordor stays in Mordor.

Holocene

Hmmmm...just find it too 2D...the characters don't have much personality. Perhaps I've seen it too much and the scenes I liked don't do it for me anymore. As for the books I gave up a bit into Two Towers.
The trilogy is a masterpiece IMO. It's timeless and will still look amazing in 30 years.

If you don't enjoy the films and the books, LOTR just isn't for you. Did you enjoy The Hobbit?

Spoony

The People's President
The trilogy is a masterpiece IMO. It's timeless and will still look amazing in 30 years.

If you don't enjoy the films and the books, LOTR just isn't for you. Did you enjoy The Hobbit?

I did enjoy the trilogy, I also enjoyed the first book. I've got all the extended versions and all. But they don't do much for me anymore. And no, I didn't like The Hobbit, it shouldn't have been a trilogy.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Blasphemy! Viggo Mortensen not being able to shout like a normal human is a constant highlight.

Also the random Irish accent he adopts when he yells "Let De Lord a De Black Land come fort" iss great.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I did enjoy the trilogy, I also enjoyed the first book. I've got all the extended versions and all. But they don't do much for me anymore. And no, I didn't like The Hobbit, it shouldn't have been a trilogy.
Have to agree with the Hobbit.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
As long as there's no more 10 minute long washing up the dishes/disney singalong scenes

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Blasphemy! Viggo Mortensen not being able to shout like a normal human is a constant highlight.

Also the random Irish accent he adopts when he yells "Let De Lord a De Black Land come fort" iss great.
Look, Viggo Mortenson is god. No-one disputes that.

We could've ended up with Stewart Townsend and Sean Connery. Let's be thankful.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap

What part of Ireland is that from, Jamaica? :lol:

sport2793

This is the worst LOTR take I've ever come across, I used to get chills down my spine with that speech.

Oldyella

This is the worst LOTR take I've ever come across, I used to get chills down my spine with that speech.
It pales against the Rohirrim speech though. Not his fault i guess, but I know which King I would rather follow into battle.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I ain't dissing the speech yo. I'm just questioning the decision to use a different take in the final cut. Have you heard the trailer version compared to the one in the film?
2 minute mark.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

My favourite part of the trilogy