Lorenzo Pellegrini & Franck Kessie - United Quality?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Really enjoying our Europa League campaign so far. Particularly because it gave me a chance to watch players I know very little about.

For me, Pellegrini and Kessie are both players that actually looked really talented. Does anyone that knows a bit more about these two think that they would fit in well at United? They both look like extremely interesting options to me.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It would take a lot to get Pellegrini. He's a boyhood Roma fan, the face of Roma as of now, a player the fans adore. He's very good though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’ll have that as well.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
According to Transfermarkt, both their contracts come to an end in June 2022. Now I aint gonna come straight out and say let's sign them both based off only really seeing them against us, but I aint not saying that either...:p

@RedSky @Paxi

Varun

Staff
Pellegrini, yes. Kessie, not so sure. As RS said though, getting Pellegrini out of Roma will be tough

Acole9

Outstanding
Apart from the penalty Pellegrini didn’t really do anything.

Ekeke

So they are 2 good players who are better than some of the players we have, but there are lots of those out there. Are they the best we could buy in their positions, or the best young players in their positions that will hopefully improve and become the best in their positions? No. But they'd strengthen us. So its all about how much they would cost and whether playing time should be taken away from our young players that we hope can make it. For example Kessie coming in would make it hard for Garner to get a proper go.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not for me.

I've watched a lot of Kessie at both Atalanta and Milan and he's too limited on the ball. As for Pellegrini, he's too weak.

Ace of Spades

Good players, but there are plenty of good players around.

It all depends on what we need, and how they will fit in the team. I would rather get a player that will fit and improve the team rather than just see an opportunity to get a good player on less money because their contracts are running down. We really don't want to create 'square peg round hole' situations again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not sure why Kessie is highly.rated here. He won't be a major upgrade to Scott or Fred obviously based on 2 matches against us.

TrustInOle

Pellegrini for sure, Kessie not so much. That Spinazola? Last night looked electric before injury too.

Okey

Pellegrini for sure, Kessie not so much. That Spinazola? Last night looked electric before injury too.
Yep. Spinazzola was my pick of their bunch too! But hey, we've got Shawberto Carlos these days, so I guess that's a no go. If I wee looking for a midfielder in Serie A, I'll be more interested in Manuel Locatelli than Pellegrini or Kessie.

paulscholes18

Seems strange saying it about a team that conceded 6 but I thought there LCB Ibanez looked pretty good

TrustInOle

Yep. Spinazzola was my pick of their bunch too! But hey, we've got Shawberto Carlos these days, so I guess that's a no go. If I wee looking for a midfielder in Serie A, I'll be more interested in Manuel Locatelli than Pellegrini or Kessie.
Only ever seen him on Football Manager :lol: I'm guessing the hype is real with this kid? Also, true about Shaw, I don't see anyone that could displace him right now and as you say, I think our strategy will be aimed toward the midfield and possibly a defender, definatley a striker if we lose Cavani.

hanovercigars

The United-Roma rivalry will mean Pellegrini will never be at Manchester United.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Isn't it Pellegrini more an attacking mid? The stats below makes him looks like Bruno rather than a midfielder who plays in double pivot. But 2.2 chances created per 90 mins is pretty good though.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Isn't it Pellegrini more an attacking mid? The stats below makes him looks like Bruno rather than a midfielder who plays in double pivot. But 2.2 chances created per 90 mins is pretty good though.

Fred comes out of that very favourably.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Every player game raises against United, which creates the illusion that most of the ones that attract the caf's eye are somehow United quality. When we've seen from the likes of Fellaini, that they tend not to be in reality.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Wasn't Meite better than Kessie? I wasn't really paying that much attention mind you

CM

Pellegrini looked quite useful the other night but we're well stocked in that position. I think we can do better than Kessie.

Ekeke

Yes Pellegrini is an AM, plays as part of the attack

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
The one Roma player I’ve been watching, before cruciate knee injury was Zaniolo.
Zaniolo looked good every little time I watched him but still very raw, and similar to Havertz, probably better talent because I don't rate Havertz at ll but injuries can ruin a lot of careers. Still young to recover from that though.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Zaniolo looked good every little time I watched him but still very raw, and similar to Havertz, probably better talent because I don't rate Havertz at ll but injuries can ruin a lot of careers. Still young to recover from that though.
Yeah a cruciate (which is what I believe he suffered but might be wrong) is a scary injury and it can have long term effects. Hopefully with age on his side, he’ll make a 100% recovery. He looks really talented. Not sure what his best position is though - I think it’s as AM as well, and no one is displacing Bruno.

redrobed

Not going to pretend I have time to watch Serie A every week but their combined value on transfermkt.com. Is £87m. Safe to say they are not Utd quality