Louis Van Gaal | 2015-16 Performance Thread

Van Gaal: The verdict

• 1) Sack him now.

• 2) Sack him at the end of the season.

• 3) Let him see out his contract and part ways after that.

• 4) Extend his contract.

• Undecided (between 1 and 2).

• Undecided (between 2 and 3).

• Undecided (between 3 and 4, if things improve before his contract expires, extend).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raw

Jones, it turns out, has a thrombosis and will be out for at least 3 weeks. Call me cynical, but did Smalling play only because Jones couldn't and LVG was left with no choice?
That's what I worry about too. Hopefully Smalling's performance will have convinced him otherwise.

jem

Jones, it turns out, has a thrombosis and will be out for at least 3 weeks. Call me cynical, but did Smalling play only because Jones couldn't and LVG was left with no choice?
I'm going to delude myself and say this is why Blind was playing (that and the fact that Rojo might not be match fit yet.) I'll take Jones/Smalling any day over any lineup with Blind at CB.

ChaddyP

Spot on with his subs tonight. Lots of credit to the manager. set up the team well i think. we could have scored 5

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good subs again but as I said before, we play too cautious and don't have enough urgency or movement. Everyone is stuck to his position. There was a huge gap between defenders and midfielders where we didn't have a player to play to

Empire

According to Sky Sports we had 69% of the ball and 19 shots to their 31% of the ball and one shot, we also had four shots blocked, 86.2% passing accuracy, 77.2% in the final third, 18 key passes, 3 clear cut chances and won 90.5% of the aerial duels to their 9.5%.

saivet

Agreed. The subs were very good. Seond time he's taken off Carrick for Basti. I imagine it will be Basti and Morgan staring in midfield on a regular come the weekend.

NoLogo

Agreed. The subs were very good. Seond time he's taken off Carrick for Basti. I imagine it will be Basti and Morgan staring in midfield on a regular come the weekend.
I feel Basti should have started tbh. I thought the reason for buying him in the first place was so that we didn't need to start old man Carrick twice per week.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought the Schweini/Carrick sub was good and obvious, but I think Mata should've come off instead of Rooney. Still, as he was looking to introduce a target man, it made sense.

In any case, every time Schweini plays, we play better.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Atleast happy to see he's settled on some players who he absolutely wants in the game. Among the outfield players Blind, Smalling, Shaw, Mata & Schneiderlin appear to be undroppable so far.

Empire

There would be such an overreaction on here if van Gaal did something like Mourinho just did, blamed Chelsea's performances on 7 players.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ho-unhappy-with-form-of-seven-chelsea-players
People will say it's Mourinho's quality man management, our manager is apparently not very good at it so if he did the same thing it would be poor man management, he is very team oriented, if we lose it's not really the fault of individuals, I think our team spirit is good and despite probably a weaker team than our rivals and certainly a younger team, that team spirit could be important to us, it also can give the individual who has the potential to shine this season (e.g Januzaj or Memphis) the confidence to do it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People will say it's Mourinho's quality man management, our manager is apparently not very good at it
I hate when people say that, even though most players praise and respect him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Blind hasn't been awful at CB at all, SAF used Carrick at times who was worse due to mobility..

Januzaj has seen minutes .. Depay is back on the lerft and our fullbacks look good. DDG is staying this season which is a big win, so I'd like to see variation in other positions.

DDG
Darmian Smalling Rojo Shaw
Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin
Januzaj Herrera Memphis
Hernandez

LeftyBlaster

Blind hasn't been awful at CB at all, SAF used Carrick at times who was worse due to mobility..

Januzaj has seen minutes .. Depay is back on the lerft and our fullbacks look good. DDG is staying this season which is a big win, so I'd like to see variation in other positions.

DDG
Darmian Smalling Rojo Shaw
Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin
Januzaj Herrera Memphis
Hernandez
Don't think that one game is indicative, but we can always hope. Our fullbacks are our shining lights so far, yea.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
LVG has his fair share of negative feedback.

He will always get the respect but the praise is kinda 50/50.
It's not fifty-fifty, he trained hundreds of players and only a dozen, mainly notable twats, complain about him.

Empire

LVG has his fair share of negative feedback.

He will always get the respect but the praise is kinda 50/50.
:lol:

He is praised by players, former players who became managers and managers who have watched or faced his sides. A minority don't like his methods, that's understandable.

Even when Bergkamp criticised him he praised him:

"Louis gives his players instructions they need to perform to make the system work. And the system is sacred. All players are equal to Van Gaal, big names do not exist for him, and everyone is subordinate to the team and system, his system." - Dennis Bergkamp, when seemingly comparing Van Gaal unfavourably to Cruyff and Arsene Wenger

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Any adventure he had as a young manager is gone. Need a goal, one sub left, changes the right back. Leaves two defensive midfielders on, neither of whom crossed from good positions several times. Poor.

Bojan11

Any adventure he had as a young manager is gone. Need a goal, one sub left, changes the right back. Leaves two defensive midfielders on, neither of whom crossed from good positions several times. Poor.
What?

Carrick played our best passes and crosses.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
It's clear he isn't a man utd manager. The sort of football we're being subjected to is absolutely dire but unfortunately that seems to be the exact type of football that LVG wants us to play and that certainly isn't the Man Utd way.

Also his subs. Valencia? WTF!!

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Herrera - a midfielder that makes runs is out of position, and therefore isn't allowed.

Rooney - a striker who can't pass, hold up the ball or anything of note is undroppable.

fecking philosophy eh?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What?

Carrick played our best passes and crosses.
Last 10 minutes under Fergie Schneiderlin would've been off for Herrera to add drive from midfield. Instead Valencia comes on and does less useful attacking than Darmian.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'd actually take Giggs over him now. At least Giggs understands what type of football this club should be playing.

hbgreg

The "I can't wait for a bad result to say I want LvG gone!!!" crowd is back.

slir32

There is no excuse really with the quality we had on the pitch not to be beating teams especially the ones struggling at Old Trafford.