Louis Van Gaal appointed Dutch manager for the third time.

iHicksy

Those commenting on how bad LVG was as manager for us, at a time when he has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, should receive immediate bans IMO. Everything that's wrong with the internet, the man is a human being.
The two things aren't linked. You can have a disease and people are still allowed to mention that he wasn't a good manager for us. As long as they aren't saying they're happy he got cancer because he was a bad manager for us.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Those commenting on how bad LVG was as manager for us, at a time when he has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, should receive immediate bans IMO. Everything that's wrong with the internet, the man is a human being.
I always give these people the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't read the thread and decided to give their 2 cents on LVG the manager after seeing the thread bumped.

The two things aren't linked. You can have a disease and people are still allowed to mention that he wasn't a good manager for us. As long as they aren't saying they're happy he got cancer because he was a bad manager for us.
Wrong. It's a bad thing to start discussing his tenure as manager right after he announced he's been radiated 25 times dealing with prostate cancer for 2 years. It's socially unacceptable behaviour, whether you see the logic in it or not.

tomaldinho1

I’d get it if that poster had been having a conversation that unfortunately coincided with the sad news. However there is no previous, the thread has been bumped and they’ve taken it upon themselves to post that because people are wishing him well. It’s the lowest of the low.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Hopefully his health improves and he can be in Qatar for the World Cup. I was just thinking last week how it'd be a great end to a fine career if the Dutch were to win the World Cup.

JeffFromHK

Get well soon LVG,

I still think his football was boring since we just lacked a hazard/neymar-esque winger and a lewandoski-eque striker

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I read it somewhere that you can prevent prostate cancer by ejaculating frequently. It's just an info for fellow human males.

I wish him the best of luck in defeating this cancer and a speedy recovery.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
The most historically revised man. He had his part in damaging the club, but people are rewriting history.
i would dispute this. @Mr Pigeon sent me a pm the other day with the subject “stalin” the body of the message simply read “i don’t know about you the more i look into it, the more stalin seems like one of history’s good guys.”

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
i would dispute this. @Mr Pigeon sent me a pm the other day with the subject “stalin” the body of the message simply read “i don’t know about you the more i look into it, the more stalin seems like one of history’s good guys.”
Nah, it turns out I was completely wrong and my stupid autocorrect kept giving me the Wikipedia page for Gandhi.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Get well soon, he kinda left on acrimonious terms but I feel time proved him right somewhat.

Hopefully he gets well soon so we'll see him at the world cup, he sure makes things more fun.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He is a fighter, that's why he's taking over national team. I have no doubts it will take his mind off illness and he'll beat it.

England in the final would be my dream match.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I read it somewhere that you can prevent prostate cancer by ejaculating frequently. It's just an info for fellow human males.

It definitely helps.

But the best way to prevent prostate cancer is just visit the urologist once a year for a prostate exam(if you are 30+) or as soon as you notice minimal urinary issues(even if they aren't a big deal).
Urinary problems that go untreated for a long time (let says more than 1 year) increase the risk of developing prostate cancer once you are older.

BigRon1985

The fact he kept the news of his diagnosis and treatment away from his players in case it affected their performances shows what a truly class act Van Gaal is! I read he would go straight to hospital after a match/training for a brutal round of chemo and never once complained.

Regardless of the boring football he will always be my favourite post SAF manager and feel he deserved a 3rd season to redeem himself - get well soon Louis!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hope he gets well soon, and is able to guide the team through the WC

SirAF

Ageist
You are, obviously, allowed to do that but why? It's pretty classless and cnutish to bring it up *in the same day* as his diagnosis is announced. Who gives a shit about football? I hope the bloke pulls through.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

You are, obviously, allowed to do that but why? It's pretty classless and cnutish to bring up *in the same day* as his diagnosis is announced. Who gives a shit about football? I hope the bloke pulls through.
I thought the post/posts was a response to a few "best manager after SAF" and "my favorite manager after SAF" posts suddenly cropping up after news on the disease broke out.
It was not a response to the "LVG is sick" post.

I agree that it could be avoided.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Is a great character and a fine Manager in the right situation.
Speedy recovery to him.

Droid_Repairs

Great character, miss his interviews and press conferences as well as his touchline antics. Hope he can keep working and get well soon.

I'll never forget when Fellaini had his hair pulled by Robert Huth during a match. LvG said in the post match interview that hair pulling is "allowed only in sex masochism" to the BBC journalist. The way he kept a straight face as he said it :lol:

He's had an impressive career, his honours as a manager speak for themselves. All the best Louis.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He is a fighter, that's why he's taking over national team. I have no doubts it will take his mind off illness and he'll beat it.

England in the final would be my dream match.
Pretty sure we're likely to meet right after groups.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Always liked LVG. Great personality. Hope he gets better fast. Nothing to say to woodys treatment of him. Or to the five year old posters in here, who always stay classy.

David_De_Heya

The timing of the comments mean they are automatically linked.

Jericho

That's win-win if I've ever heard one.

iHicksy

You are, obviously, allowed to do that but why? It's pretty classless and cnutish to bring it up *in the same day* as his diagnosis is announced. Who gives a shit about football? I hope the bloke pulls through.
I don't disagree. I was just making the point that if a thread is bumped because of something like this (which is awful - i loved the guy on a human level) that some people will talk about his time here (negatively). He wasn't right for us, but we played some of the best football against the top 4 i've seen from any united team. And I loved his personality in front of the press. Hearing him talk about football in front of a white board showed the guy was a legit genius when it came to understanding football on a really deep level.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
So back to Koeman again after the World Cup. Are they not allowed to appoint a new coach!? Or just a dearth of candidates?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
So back to Koeman again after the World Cup. Are they not allowed to appoint a new coach!? Or just a dearth of candidates?
Our FA is ran by a bunch of idiots. We're all just happy they didn't go with another Blind or De Boer disaster appointment.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Fair point but Koeman did a pretty good job with them to be fair. You wouldn't want them to tell Ten Hag to wait 6 months and then offer him the gig would you?

el3mel

Ridiculous how Netherlands keep on recycling the same managers over and over again.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ridiculous how Netherlands keep on recycling the same managers over and over again.
There is just a total lack of good Dutch coaches that would want to take the national team right now.