Louis Van Gaal appointed Dutch manager for the third time.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's nice to see him back. One way or the other he always entertains.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
And Danny fecking Blind as his assistent. We're nothing if not the least original Fa in sports history.

Champagne Football

He has the boring pragmatic tactics that usually go far in international football.

It would be nice to see him end his career on a high after his Man Utd disaster.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
https://nos.nl/artikel/2390112-van-...j-akkoord-blind-en-fraser-beoogde-assistenten
https://www.90min.com/posts/louis-van-gaal-close-new-netherlands-head-coach

Dutch outlet NOS writes that Van Gaal is now ‘almost certain’ to be appointed De Boer’s successor following a disappointing Euro 2020, with negotiations reaching an advanced stage.

It is said that Danny Blind, a long-time ally of Van Gaal’s dating back to Ajax’s all-conquering team of the early to mid-1990s and a former national team boss himself, will join his mentor as an assistant coach – Blind was also previously an assistant to Van Gaal at the 2014 World Cup.

Henk Fraser, who was Netherlands Under-21 coach at that time and is currently in charge of Sparta Rotterdam, the club where Van Gaal spent the happiest years of his playing career, will also join the coaching staff. The pair, along with Blind, were also briefly teammates there in the mid-1980s.
I think think this is a real indictment of the perceived coaching quality in Netherlands if they're having to bring him out of retirement. Is there really no promising young coach in the Eredivisie?

dinostar77

Be interesting what he does with depay. Van Gaal has his system and off the cuff mavericks / flair players (di maria, rivaldo etc) need not apply.

Interesting to see how far Holland go in next years world cup.

OleBoiii

Saxophone ladies all over the Netherlands celebrating right now:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I was planning to go to Holland's next game. Now I might give it a hard pass.

Paul_Scholes18

Can't see him do that well with his boring tactics. No Robben or Persie anymore to save him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He should go by Mary.

I'm delighted, he's what the the team needs right now. Will be interesting to see how he deals with Virgil.

It would be nice to see him end his career on a high after his Man Utd disaster.
I think that's the primary reason he took the job.

Can't see him do that well with his boring tactics. No Robben or Persie anymore to save him.
Denzel Dumfries though...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Perfect players for his preferred 433. Much better players than his earlier stint. Think he will do very well.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Just heard this bit of gossip from my source. Don't know why he told me this as I only asked him about the mental wellbeing of Ravel Morrison.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The best choice available for them really. With the world cup 18 months away I think they made the right choice. By then, hopefully the field of alternatives will have matured a bit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well sums up their current young options that Ten Haag aside he's probably best out there. Does feel a bit Hiddink 2014 to me though, one stint too many as really they overperformed in 2014.

No Love

His team must be horny if they are to stand a chance in the World Cup.

paulscholes18

Good that’s he’s back in management, by far my favourite manager we had post Fergie, wish him nothing but the best (expect if they play England obviously).

Irwin99

Ha! predicted that at the end of the Euros. Think he'll do well again and I wish him the best.