Louis Van Gaal appointed Dutch manager for the third time.

Dan-Utd

I think it's a good appointment, in his home country where he speaks the same language as all the players, I think he will build a good young team.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I would've liked Peter Bosz with his kamikaze football. We never win anything anyway, so might as well play to win 5-3 instead of 1-0.

UnitedRepublic

We’re to harsh on this guy, I really like his coaching style but the thing was that we really was going through a rebuild during his time here. Coming in after Moyes was not easy. This guy at least seemed to have a plan for the future. Wish him all the best.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I would've liked Peter Bosz with his kamikaze football. We never win anything anyway, so might as well play to win 5-3 instead of 1-0.
Same here and Louie will be without players like Robben this time... I guess they've appointed him to find new spine for this team.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Glad to see him back. He might try to convince van de Beek to go elsewhere in search of first team football though.

Paul_Scholes18

He should go by Mary.

I'm delighted, he's what the the team needs right now. Will be interesting to see how he deals with Virgil.

I think that's the primary reason he took the job.

Denzel Dumfries though...
His best chance is 0-0 vs Southgates defensive England and then win on pens in the most boring game ever.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
He and Koeman are our only decent managers and for some reason we don't want to appoint a foreigner. It's a sad state of affairs but at least we get some comedy moments with Louis.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
At this point I'm really not sure whether he's doing it to spite Trude's wishes every single time, or whether she's pushing him to return to work every single time since he's such an unbearable character at home.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
At this point I'm really not sure whether he's doing it to spite Trude's wishes every single time, or whether she's pushing him to return to work every single time since he's such an unbearable character at home.
Maybe he can rotate with Huub Stevens, he seems to have the same domestic situation.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Perfect players for his preferred 433. Much better players than his earlier stint. Think he will do very well.
From what he's said in interviews and as a pundit, I think he prefers 5-3-2 nowadays.
It's my preference too with Dumfries and no class wingers. Also, benching de Vrij should be a crime.

Low is available
I'd have went for Conte, but the Dutch are too patriotic to even consider a foreign manager.

MileStolar

He has the boring pragmatic tactics that usually go far in international football.

It would be nice to see him end his career on a high after his Man Utd disaster.
Well to be fair he ended his club career with an FA cup trophy. Ancient trophy for an ancient man!

Glad he's back in busines, and I hope he makes the Dutch competitive again.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Beenhacker will be dusting the cobwebs off getting ready for his next crack at the job, Guus Hiddink waiting impatiently behind him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I swear him and Dick Advocaat just keep rotating the job between them, and have done for the last 20 years.

Paul_Scholes18

How will he work with Depay? It clearly failed for us, but Depay has turned into a great player after the poor season in PL for us.

CM10

He doesn't know how to stay retired. Should be fun to watch anyway

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I hope he does well, always had a lot of respect for the man. Didn’t work out here but he certainly tried, and in general he was a man that wore his heart on his sleeve and is a good coach. Just became outdated. Once upon a time he was a genius. Was always sad for how it ended with him here, and I’d rather have kept him than appoint that total shit bag Mourinho.

KetilOwren88

Always striked me as an arrogant prick and probably is, but he was actually a lot funnier and likeable than I thought he would be. His football was some of the worst I have ever seen at United, but ironicly a few of the games was actually some of the best post Fergie with Juanfield and the Arsenal win with the U18-team….. And he actually won a trophy that we hadn’t won for years. Looking forward to having him back in the game

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has the boring pragmatic tactics that usually go far in international football.

It would be nice to see him end his career on a high after his Man Utd disaster.
Tbh he has far better on the eye pragmatic tactics than England/France/Portugal. Also definitely think it's more suited to international football, and especially suits their current squad.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
From what he's said in interviews and as a pundit, I think he prefers 5-3-2 nowadays.
It's my preference too with Dumfries and no class wingers. Also, benching de Vrij should be a crime.
Remember he saying, he was forced to take 532 but fell in love with it. Took the same to United as well.

Read somewhere that he prefers 433.

Real Name

No better names in Netherlands right now or younger?
He strikes me as one of those who doesn't know who to be retired and wants to work till the end of his life. Saying that he might do good in international football.

As for United we played some of the worst football ever under him but I have fond memories of him still, the crazy bastard. :)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
There aren't too many good Dutch coaches under 70 around right now. Koeman, Ten Hag and Bosz have the highest profile, but Koeman just left for Barcelona, Ten Hag just renewed with Ajax and Bosz just joined Lyon. I am anyway not sure whether Ten Hag and Boss would be good national coaches with their style. There are plenty of coaches in the next tier (like Van Bronckhorst, Cocu, Van Bommel, and so on), but each one would be as much a risk as De Boer was, and that's probably not what the Dutch FA wants right now. So there.