Television Love Death + Robots | Netflix | 9.4 IMDb

Halftrack

Five episodes in, and I'm loving it so far. It scratches an itch I didn't know I had.

Bobski

I like it, uneven of course, but some interesting concepts, art design and animation is excellent, voice acting rather mediocre though. Some of the stories could easily be expanded, just finished the Aquila station one, that could be the basis of an excellent psychological/body shock horror movie in the fashion of Event Horizon. The 3 Robots was short hilarity, the one with the farmers fighting off bugs gave me extreme Firefly vibes, Sentient Yogurt was great.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
I'm about five episodes in and like it so far. It's not particularly deep however it's an easy watch and lighthearted fun, reading this thread it looks like I'm the only one that didn't like three robots - just found the ending too silly.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Binged the whole thing yesterday and thought it was brilliant. I hope they do more.

My favourite episodes:
- Beyond the Aquila Rift
- Sonnie's Edge
- Suits
- The hidden war
- Good Hunting
- Zima Blue

Having watched all of these brilliantly designed vignettes my favourites,in order ,are :
Sucker Of Souls
Good Hunting
Zima Blue
When The Yogurt Took Over
Beyond the Aquila Rift
Three Robots

Least favourite :
Ice Age
Sonnie's Edge
The Dump
Helping Hand

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
This is incredible, can't believe what I'm watching here, is anybody else catching many gaming references?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Watched the first 2. Thought the first was crap, but the second gave me a couple of laughs. I'll have to keep watching as they are easy to just drop 10 mins into.

Castia

Watched 4-5 episodes and it’s great. Some of the animation is next level.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
This a great little timewaster and the format works really well with Sci-Fi where stuff is often just an interesting idea that doesn't need stretching out for 2 hours long. I'm just watching them randomly. The animation is top drawer too.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Watched the first three episodes and enjoyed it so far. Very different to what I normally watch but it's a good watch and a nice length to watch on a commute to work.

Andersons Dietician

This is incredible, can't believe what I'm watching here, is anybody else catching many gaming references?
There are a few. Beyond the Aquila Rift the thing they go through to start there journey is almost an exact replica of the relays in Mass Effect. Throw in a bit of deadspace in to that episode as well.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know. :lol: Had to hide the screen this morning watching the third one ('The Witness'). She's naked for most of it.
Reminds me of when a friend of mine was watching Wolf of Wall Street on his laptop on the train. The ticket inspector arrived at the precise moment someone was getting cocaine blown up their arse with a straw. Even after he’d hit pause it was still a pretty damning image.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Reminds me of when a friend of mine was watching Wolf of Wall Street on his laptop on the train. The ticket inspector arrived at the precise moment someone was getting cocaine blown up their arse with a straw. Even after he’d hit pause it was still a pretty damning image.
I was sitting beside a kid of 12 or 13 watching that film with his mother in the cinema, quite impressed with how he must have managed to dupe her into it but also a bit horrified for him.

Loublaze

ATLien
This show is an instant classic. I already rewatched it. It looked even better on second watch. I doubt it will be one of those shows you binge at once, rave about for a few days online and forget. Im looking forward to season 2.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just put this on. Already getting a weird urge that I'm about to have to start pressing buttons.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Witness reminded me of Berlin, from the staircase that looked exactly like my apartment block's to the mad club.

The view of the cityscape with the crazy neons was great.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The Witness reminded me of Berlin, from the staircase that looked exactly like my apartment block's to the mad club.

The view of the cityscape with the crazy neons was great.
I thought the same. Definite East Berlin vibe to it. Be curious to know how that one was made. Felt as though maybe it was filmed footage, with animated effects added in postproduction?

Norris

Just saw the first episode and absolutely loved it. Weird, fun, Simple and incredible all wrapped in one. NSFW as well. Will continue to watch for sure.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I thought the same. Definite East Berlin vibe to it. Be curious to know how that one was made. Felt as though maybe it was filmed footage, with animated effects added in postproduction?
Yeah was thinking that myself. The movements definitely looked more human.
I like how it seems as though there's more than one art style in some of the episodes. It was particularly obvious in this one, where some of the backdrops would look more cartoony and some of it looked almost real but very shiny and trippy.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah was thinking that myself. The movements definitely looked more human.
I like how it seems as though there's more than one art style in some of the episodes. It was particularly obvious in this one, where some of the backdrops would look more cartoony and some of it looked almost real but very shiny and trippy.
I dunno much about animation but this episode was definitely the most interesting, aesthetically. The rest seemed to be standard manga or computer game cut scene style. Maybe with one exception being the episode with all the fish “ghosts” in the desert.

Member 90887

4 episodes in and this is the most silliest thing I've seen in a while. The animation is fantastic but as a whole, it is just so... silly.
Completely agree with that.
The visuals are excellent. other than that, not a lot to enjoy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Saw the first episode. It's a bit random. I don't see the hype.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They created it using Maya, no rotoscoping or tracing apparently. It's kinda like stop motion... Sounds like a hell of a lot of work, but that's why it looks so good I guess?