Television Love Death + Robots | Netflix | 9.4 IMDb

BaseFishing

Binged watched it yesterday. Absolutely loved it. I think I even prefer it to Black Mirror.

Loublaze

ATLien
The Witness reminded me of Berlin, from the staircase that looked exactly like my apartment block's to the mad club.

The view of the cityscape with the crazy neons was great.
I thought the same. Definite East Berlin vibe to it. Be curious to know how that one was made. Felt as though maybe it was filmed footage, with animated effects added in postproduction?
It was actually set in an alternate history/universe Hong hong

I dunno much about animation but this episode was definitely the most interesting, aesthetically. The rest seemed to be standard manga or computer game cut scene style. Maybe with one exception being the episode with all the fish “ghosts” in the desert.
They created it using Maya, no rotoscoping or tracing apparently. It's kinda like stop motion... Sounds like a hell of a lot of work, but that's why it looks so good I guess?
Its a very painstaking process indeed, key frame animation.

From the animator

http://pinkman.tv/makingoff.html

https://vimeo.com/user3022902

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished it.

Some very good and some very average. Favourites were The Witness, Yoghurt, Akila Rift, Zima Blue and Secret War.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finished this. Thought I had more left but it just ended.

My favourites were:

The Witness
Beyond the Aquila Rift
Good Hunting
Shape-shifters (animation on the werewolves was unreal)
Fish Night (could've been a lot better but liked the concept)
Lucky 13
Zima Blue

I found the latter half of episodes incredibly dull for the most part.
Yeah I wasn't sure about them either. Felt like Ice Age and Alternate Histories could've been good if they'd been smarter about it but it seemed like they just did it for the quirk and AH was silly to its own demise.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Zima Blue was my favourite, shame for an art style though.

Rest are okay, can be funny, can be pretty, but not really that much interesting. Maybe next time adapt some better source material? Aquila Rift should've been better, but then we wouldn't have animated tits.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Some episodes were good, some not so much. The short running time helped me going back to watch the next ones. Not sure how much more of that Hitler episode I could've handled.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Watched 5 episodes. I liked the variety of styles, but the writing/stories were average at best (maybe with the exception of the witness, that was some David Lynch style trip).
I guess the raving ratings are mostly due to violence and boobs.

Kaos

I would have loved to see some of the episodes as full feature length movies, tv shows or video games. In particular Good Hunting, the werewolf soldiers and that farmer mecha one.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This is good.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The Witness reminded me of Berlin, from the staircase that looked exactly like my apartment block's to the mad club.

The view of the cityscape with the crazy neons was great.

Thought exactly the same actually. Staircase was exactly like my old one in Berlin.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I didn't get a Berlin vibe from the witness at all. Granted, I also have been there only a week. To me it was very much asian megacity.

Loublaze

ATLien
I didn't get a Berlin vibe from the witness at all. Granted, I also have been there only a week. To me it was very much asian megacity.
Its actually based on Hong Kong. Its an alternative history Hong Kong, the writers mentioned it.

Last edited:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Loving all the episodes so far. About to get on #8 right now. I feel like posters’ ages are showing here as this show comes off as catering to the younger crowds. While I enjoy it, I can see how some wouldn’t like it so much. Definitely something to watch on acid too.

AaronRedDevil

YEEEEESSSS. Fecking finally. The first season was brilliantly done. I've waited so long for it. 3 Robots should get it's own movie. Most underrated show on Netflix.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Woohoo, more CGI bewbs.

I remember there being a few great episodes and a lot of poor ones in the last series.

thepolice123

So far I have watched:

Sonnie's Edge
Zima Blue
Beyond the Aquila Rift (Best one so far)
Good Hunting
The Secret War

Excellent watch. Does the rest get any better?

Minkaro

The Santa one was my favourite of this season. I liked Snow in the Desert and Automated Customer Service too.

Andersons Dietician

Quite disappointed. Nowhere near as good as the first Volume. It feels more like an art gallery of look at this beautiful animation other than the content of our product.

Only 2 I enjoyed were the ice whales and the giant. Although if I have children that’s the version of Santa they getting shown.

Minkaro

Better than the first season? Can't wait to binge the 2nd tbh.
Not for me. There’s less episodes, so less filler, but if I was going to rank them, I’d have a lot more season 1 episodes at and near the top.

Still good, but not as good, IMO.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not for me. There’s less episodes, so less filler, but if I was going to rank them, I’d have a lot more season 1 episodes at and near the top.

Still good, but not as good, IMO.
How would compare it to Dark Mirror