Television Love Death + Robots | Netflix | 9.4 IMDb

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Pop Squad and Snow were good, the rest were meh or shit.

Couldn't get over the CGI on Snow. It was eerily realistic at times.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Will check this out as I vaguely remember enjoying most of the first seasons episodes.

AaronRedDevil

Well Season 2 was a big letdown. All style with no substance. Liked the first 3 episodes and the and after that in was either uninteresting or just meh. The first season had the right mixture of just pure fecked up violence, story, deeper meanings and comedy. Season 2 was all just meh.

But Castlevania thankfully paid the hell off. God what a brilliant show:drool:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Half way through and I’d have the hit rate as similar to S1. Mixed bag but there’s none of them that are actually bad. It’s cool the way they’re all animated differently and the art design is consistently good, so you get something out of every episode.

Haven’t watched any that I would say is great though. Pop Squad the best so far. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

MadMike

Bingo. The only two ones I enjoyed.

And what the feck was the one with the giant at the end. A fecking monologue?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Was a decent enough season I thought, slightly short though compared to the first.

Favourite was probably Snow In The Desert. Any my favourite of the first season was the monster fighting one (can't remember its name).

Wasn't sure about season 2 at first as the automated episode just seemed a bit pointless to me.

Minkaro

Wasn't sure about season 2 at first as the automated episode just seemed a bit pointless to me.
I liked that one, but then the one with Michael B.Jordan seemed way too similar in theme, just without the humour. That’s the one I felt was unnecessary.

SirAnderson

@Hoof The Ball Can we get a chance of its IMDb rating :nervous:

Just finished watching season one cause I saw it on here and the 9.4 rating. While it's a good time pass, its hardly super awesome stuff. Some episodes are good, but the shortness of it just take some of the gloss away for me.
Will watch season 2 just to finish it, but yeah its decent enough. BM is much more better I'd say and don't really see the comparisons other than the fact that the episodes are not related to each other.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Half way through and I’d have the hit rate as similar to S1. Mixed bag but there’s none of them that are actually bad. It’s cool the way they’re all animated differently and the art design is consistently good, so you get something out of every episode.

Haven’t watched any that I would say is great though. Pop Squad the best so far. It looks absolutely gorgeous.
Finished S2. Definitely think it’s on a par with S1. The stories are all simple to the point of being stupid (except the giant one, which is a bit more original) but they all look fantastic. A very enjoyable stoned binge.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really liked the first season, watched a few episodes of the new season and not really impressed so far, I hope it improves.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I don't really get why this is so highly rated - is it mostly cause of the nice artwork? Snow in the desert, for example, was a fairly standard story with very little to it. The train one too - nicely executed, but hardly a very intriguing story. And the killer vacuum robot one was a waste of time really.

I do enjoy watching them cause they're short and they're different, but I don't get the high ratings it's getting.

SirAnderson

I don't really get why this is so highly rated - is it mostly cause of the nice artwork? Snow in the desert, for example, was a fairly standard story with very little to it. The train one too - nicely executed, but hardly a very intriguing story. And the killer vacuum robot one was a waste of time really.

I do enjoy watching them cause they're short and they're different, but I don't get the high ratings it's getting.
This is what I said earlier, it's a good past time but nothing worth of being in the 9s on IMDb, I see it's fallen to 8.5, and I still think that is too high for this. Its just a nice watch, and interesting concepts. Guess the art is what is attracting people as well though.
Snow in the desert I particularly enjoyed, but the only reason it would be "fairly standard" is that it was way to short, it a cool concept that could have had more complexities and even a game or series created with it, but it gave it all in a short burst of a couple minutes and you left to use your imagination for any questions you may have about how it started or how it will continue.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Because people have short attention spans so short episodes they manage to take the entire thing in without looking at their phones.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Only interesting thing about this season is foreshadowing of James Dean films in the near future. Tech aside, actual stories? Very forgettable.

SirAnderson

Hell yes.
Looks epic! :drool:
Think all episodes drop same day as well.

I think that was my only gripe with it, so short episodes leaving you wanting more, but I suppose that's what also makes it so good.
Looks also like a Continuation of some fo the other stories from previous seasons as well.
Weekend binge it will be!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Didn't know this thread existed so thanks to @SirAnderson for directing me here... Submitted a post in the Film Review thread so have copied here.

Love Death + Robots: Vol. 3 (2022)

Now available on Netflix. Usual mixed bag of 2D/3D animated shorts covering various and unrelated adult themes across all types of genres. Combining a mixture of dark humour, satire and parody, we get an anthology of short stories delivered in their own visually unique way. Some of the 3D offerings are visually impressive. With some poignant, evocative and compelling themes some stories will stay with you long after they have finished. Certainly not for young kids, the sequences can be quite intense and very graphic in places. I really enjoyed Vol. 1 with some really impressive shorts. Vol. 2 was a real let down but Vol. 3 has raised the bar again albeit not to the levels of the first series. There will be something to please most people with action, horror and black comedy but all with a cerebral undertone. Standouts for me were Bad Travelling, Mason's Rats and Jibaro. If you've never seen the previous volumes, this may peak your interest in checking them out. The stories are not sequential so you can watch in any order as you also can with the volumes that are now conveniently all in one place. I would thoroughly recommend Beyond the Aquila Rift, Sonnie's Edge, The Witness, The Dump and Shape Shifters from Vol. 1 (though they are all good) and Life Hutch, Pop Squad and Automated Customer Service from Vol. 2. Keep 'em coming.

I'm giving this a 7/10.

Some of it will be irrelevant as visitors to this thread will be familiar with the series anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Watched the first two which were both decent. Second one was a good watch.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I still think the first season was the strongest but there are a couple of good episodes in the third one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The last episode is great. Really cool animation.