Television Love Island 2018

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
LOL @ anyone who believes Dani Dyer is on this show for any other reason than to get famous and ITV to benefit from it. This is her second reality show stint on ITV after her first attempt came a cropper. Her next one will be the one where she’s inevitably catapulted into a primary television role. Third time’s the charm, eh?

bleezy

They need to change the format up next year. They've given us the same challenges as last year, same twists as last year, same everything except a lot less drama. A bit of a rebrand and some new ideas are needed. I've already seen the baby challenge last year, why do I need to watch the exact same thing again but with slightly different looking faces doing it.

GloryHunter07

They need to change the format up next year. They've given us the same challenges as last year, same twists as last year, same everything except a lot less drama. A bit of a rebrand and some new ideas are needed. I've already seen the baby challenge last year, why do I need to watch the exact same thing again but with slightly different looking faces doing it.
This year feels like "peak" love island, i think people will start to get bored with it next summer.

GloryHunter07

LOL @ anyone who believes Dani Dyer is on this show for any other reason than to get famous and ITV to benefit from it. This is her second reality show stint on ITV after her first attempt came a cropper. Her next one will be the one where she’s inevitably catapulted into a primary television role. Third time’s the charm, eh?
So what if she is? Literally every contestant on the show wants their 15 minutes of fame..

Buchan

So what if she is? Literally every contestant on the show wants their 15 minutes of fame..
They all probably do, yeah. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I do have an issue with the producers actively promoting a couple above every other and doing so with vested interests (Jack and Dani will have their own spin-off or join some sort of TOWIE-style show).

There’s also the high probability of Jack knowing Dani before entering the villa (they have mutual friends on the outside, after all) and them having a pretty much free run to the final. Many online feel the same way so it’s not like I’m a mad lunatic for being cynical about it. I find it so transparent, that’s all. I do still enjoy the show but this aspect has taken the gloss off it for me. I much prefer Josh and Kaz (and to a lesser extent, Wes and Megan) as there is undoubted chemistry there, both in an emotional and sexual sense. Jack and Dani haven’t gone past pecking each other on the cheeks and profess their love for one another! It’s preposterous.

JoaquinJoaquin

Totally agree. Didn't even watch the baby show last night. I hate the parents episode aswell which is incoming.

SteveTheRed

If they are actors and it's all staged, i'm impressed at the level! Either way it's been entertaining.

Jack's reply to Dani when she told him she was leaving "What times your flight tomorrow?" :lol: type of thing I say to my Mrs in arguments all the time.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Lobster Alex is a fcuking weirdo. He was punching multiple levels above his weight class. I feel like I'm being had on. :lol:

Heardy

Alex you fecking sunburnt sack of shit! Commitmentphobe or just not that into her?

Played Alexandra like a mug and may as well pack his bags now.

Weird - think everyone was rooting for him for the first 5 weeks and hes just not interested. Crazy.

Heardy

Lobster Alex is a fcuking weirdo. He was punching multiple levels above his weight class. I feel like I'm being had on. :lol:
Is it just us lads that think Alex is punching? had a full on debate with some women at work who said that Alex was fitter than she was - i sensed a bit of jealousy, but couldn't really argue ot without them saying i was the same.

i swear Alex is just an average lookig tall dude - shes certified 11/10. Now way would a dude that looks like him pull her on an average night out.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Is it just us lads that think Alex is punching? had a full on debate with some women at work who said that Alex was fitter than she was - i sensed a bit of jealousy, but couldn't really argue ot without them saying i was the same.

i swear Alex is just an average lookig tall dude - shes certified 11/10. Now way would a dude that looks like him pull her on an average night out.
Nah, I can appreciate when a dude is mental handsome and charming, see Adam. Alex is bang average, extremely boring, and for a doctor, has no fecking empathy it seems.

GloryHunter07

Also he doesnt like commitment or public displays of affection. But went on love island anyway?

My Mrs thinks he might be gay. He also got through a night in the hideaway without being tempted by Alexandra in THAT outfit...

GBBQ

Alex you fecking sunburnt sack of shit! Commitmentphobe or just not that into her?

Played Alexandra like a mug and may as well pack his bags now.

Weird - think everyone was rooting for him for the first 5 weeks and hes just not interested. Crazy.
Conspiracy theory - Alex was pushing Jack and Dani votes wise so this was all concocted so he would become less popular. Its a game show, why would you not pretend for the last week on the off chance you might win the competition you knowingly entered.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Also he doesnt like commitment or public displays of affection. But went on love island anyway?

My Mrs thinks he might be gay. He also got through a night in the hideaway without being tempted by Alexandra in THAT outfit...
I reckon he definitely is. He’s a bit old to be going on national TV pretending not to be mind you.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
A friend of mine spent a night with Alex when they were both students at Exeter. Told he was a right dick. He's clearly very smart at manipulating to get this far.

SteveTheRed

A friend of mine spent a night with Alex when they were both students at Exeter. Told he was a right dick. He's clearly very smart at manipulating to get this far.
He's a classic "Mr. Nice Guy" manipulator. Every argument he has had in there with women he always trying to come out looking like the good guy. There are people who are nice and just do things naturally, and those who do things because they believe it makes them look nice.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Jesus Mothergrabbin' Christ...
Guardian said:
Contestants who have already been ejected from the show have a head-start in attempting to make the most of their fame, charging thousands of pounds for personal appearances at club nights.

Adam Collard, a 22-year old personal trainer who lasted a month on the show before being dumped, has already announced a 61-date tour fitting in multiple bookings on the same night at clubs across the UK, from Llandudno to Crawley. Eyal Booker, another former contestant, is charging £850 for a sponsored Instagram post.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Jesus Mothergrabbin' Christ...
It's ridiculous isn't it. Kendall from this series is from my hometown and was charging £2 for a 'meet and greet' in all the nightclubs. Probably charges between 2k-10k per nightclub appearance on top. Her instagram following went up from 4k to 750k in over a week and she does some work for William Hill now. She was dumped in the first week ffs!

Buchan

Jack and Dani may have made a monumental mistake tonight by voting for Paul and Laura. There’s absolutely no way they can justify that. Plebs, the pair of them.

Also, don’t get me started on that weasel Alex suggesting Josh and Kaz, never mind actually voting for them. Josh and Kaz are the only convincing couple in there, ffs! :lol:

SteveJ

Scout
It's ridiculous isn't it. Kendall from this series is from my hometown and was charging £2 for a 'meet and greet' in all the nightclubs. Probably charges between 2k-10k per nightclub appearance on top. Her instagram following went up from 4k to 750k in over a week and she does some work for William Hill now. She was dumped in the first week ffs!
Two bleedin' quid?!? Blimey, if I was temporarily famous, I'd hope my commercial worth would be much more than the price of a sausage roll from Greggs...

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Two bleedin' quid?!? Blimey, if I was temporarily famous, I'd hope my commercial worth would be much more than the price of a sausage roll from Greggs...
:lol: That's the trick though. Charge enough so it doesn't put people off, the actual money that pays for their PA comes from the admission in a club which would probably be between £5-10. But say 500 drunken people in a club for a 'meet and greet' for £2 she'd still make a £1000 for few hours work.

SteveJ

Scout
For two mere quid, I'd expect her to shout "Feck off" through a loud-hailer.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Guys, we need to start voting Josh and Kaz, let's get this started

Buchan

Guys, we need to start voting Josh and Kaz, let's get this started
The most convincing couple in the villa and have been for quite a while. It’s a disgrace that Jack and Dani have been set up for the win - it’s really taken away from an otherwise entertaining summer television show. Like, just compare the airtime Jack and Dani got for their final date (the hot-air balloon, which all-told featured for approximately twenty minutes) with the airtime the other couples got, and then tonight a similar story when they had a lengthy feature with the grandparents coming in and then another fecking lengthy feature with the Skype call to that weirdo Danny Dyer and Dani’s mum. No other couple gets the airtime they do and it’s just a shame that the general public are falling for this transparent attempt at legitimacy ahead of the imminent reality TV show in six months’ time.

spwd

The most convincing couple in the villa and have been for quite a while. It’s a disgrace that Jack and Dani have been set up for the win - it’s really taken away from an otherwise entertaining summer television show. Like, just compare the airtime Jack and Dani got for their final date (the hot-air balloon, which all-told featured for approximately twenty minutes) with the airtime the other couples got, and then tonight a similar story when they had a lengthy feature with the grandparents coming in and then another fecking lengthy feature with the Skype call to that weirdo Danny Dyer and Dani’s mum. No other couple gets the airtime they do and it’s just a shame that the general public are falling for this transparent attempt at legitimacy ahead of the imminent reality TV show in six months’ time.
I believe you’re taking this far too seriously :lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I hope Jack and Dani become literally everything just to annoy Buchan profusely.

SteveJ

Scout
If you tolerate Dyer, then his children will be next.

SteveTheRed

I hope Jack and Dani become literally everything just to annoy Buchan profusely.
:lol: "The Dyers is now it's in 4th season, after picking up a BAFTA it's debut, can they do it again?". Buchan will be furious.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

You're probably letting his personality or rather his personality around women cloud your judgement. Tall, good looking and a doctor. Usually a recipe for success.
He's definitely underrated just because of how terrible he is with those girls.