Lucas Silva

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I support Cruzeiro, so I've watched virtually every game he played in professional football. He really looks like the kind of kid who would do well in the PL, and I expect him to become a world-class midfielder and an important figure for the national side.

Last year he started on the bench and became a first team player during the league. He was outstanding, turning out to be one of our best players in several matches. He simply destroyed Seedorf on the most important game of the season. And, well, we won it, so it's not that easy to start games for the team. He also did a good job with the U21's (I guess) national team.

About his style of play, he's kind of a mid-term midfielder. He's neither a bulldog-DM (like de Jong) nor a regular playmaker like Modric, but he can give a lot of cover in defense and has very good passing hability (he really really really likes long passes). He reminds me a little of Carrick in the way he positions himself in defense, but he does tackles more often. He also has very good workrate and long-range shoots. I think his best place should be deeper in midfield, and that's how he usually plays for the club.

The only relevant down about him is that he is not that confortable on the ball when under pressure, which leads to him giving it away or taking a wrong decision that spoils the attack. But he probably will get better at this with experience.

I hope he could sign for United one day, but I doubt he will leave now, since we are in the middle of the league (with good chances of winning it). Maybe a January signing. He would have to leave for Rojo-like money, though, unless there's a buyout clause I don't know about.
A bit of info on him from a lad in the newbies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
At the moment this is one of those rumours that will probably just disappear without mention. I'm not getting excited until a few more journos mention it at least. If Sky are to be believed, the clubs we are up against are far more effective in the market anyway. Would bean exciting signing if it were to happen.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Ah ok.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Anything more concrete on this thing? I'm actually excited by this link, a genuine CM who looks comprehensively skilled.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'd say Vidal is now officially a no go, and it looks as if Silva is the only midfield we're currently linked with (as well as Guarin I guess, but we're always linked with him).

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'd say Vidal is now officially a no go, and it looks as if Silva is the only midfield we're currently linked with (as well as Guarin I guess, but we're always linked with him).
I don't understand why we would go from Vidal to players who are nowhere near the level of Vidal?

FromTheBench

I don't understand why we would go from Vidal to players who are nowhere near the level of Vidal?
I haven't seen this guy but if we cannot get readymade elite midfielders then it makes sense to get players who have potential to be elite.

That's what United have done traditionally.

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
Who knows? If we can't get Vidal maybe it would be better to look for unearthed gems, maybe he is one of two centre midfielders we want to sign. Also Lucas Silva is highly rated by Cruzeiro fans and could grow to be a World Class midfielder.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Its interesting that Sky Sports of all people started this rumor in regards to us being interested in him. Unless they are becoming muppets as well.

jesperjaap

Never heard of the guy, but from the reviews I've read since we've been linked with him, he sounds like a beast in waiting.

Oscar has been awesome in the league considering his age. Would be great to see another Brazilian doing well in the PL. We don't see enough of them.

Looks like the type of player we need really.
Hear of, love on football manager, never seen, but sounds like he lived up to his wonderkid billing on Football Managwer in real life last season. Never know with these Brazilians as so many over hyped or struggle to adjust. If there is truth I like it though, I mean we would all love a Vidal but to me even better is the NEXT Vidal, whether that is SIlva remains to be seen, but Im glad to see us linked if there is any truth in it with an up and coming potential star

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
What's weird is Sky broke it as breaking news. :houllier:

Why is it deemed breaking news for a number of teams to be interested in a player? That's Sky Sports for ya'.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is a longer compilation but his passing from deep looks immense.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
This is a longer compilation but his passing from deep looks immense.

Impressive. It does say it's from 1993 at the top which would put him in his early 40's but hey, I hear 40 is the new 20. I'm in.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Impressive. It does say it's from 1993 at the top which would put him in his early 40's but hey, I hear 40 is the new 20. I'm in.
I don't know if you're joking but it means he was born in 1993.

I'm very impressed, he's like a clone of Xabi Alonso.

ravi2

I am thoroughly over Vidal, never was into Blind and this young man looks to be a solid player... I'm in.

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
talkSPORT said:
Manchester United and Chelsea target Lucas Silva is "probably the best passing midfielder that Brazilian football has produced in the last few years", according to talkSPORT's South American football expert Tim Vickery.

Reports have linked the Red Devils, the Blues and Tottenham with a move for the 21-year-old, while La Liga champions are also understood to be interested in the Cruzeiro midfielder.

And Vickery was full of praise for Silva, with Louis van Gaal's side understood to be leading the race for his signature.

"He’s a terrific player, he’s a central midfielder with a lovely range of passing. He's a really interesting player indeed," he told Hawksbee and Jacobs.

"He hasn’t been called up by the Brazil senior squad, though I think he probably should be. Instead he’s with the Under-20 squad that will play a couple of games. I think he’s very promising indeed.

"Although the way the game is played in Brazil, the pitch is so big and the defensive lines play so deep, means there’s so much space that it would be, at this stage of his career, a huge step up for him to come straight into somewhere like United or Chelsea.

"But he’s probably the best passing midfielder that Brazilian football has produced in the last few years and a real one to watch."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/insid...-lucas-silva-140820108950#xu8E7vM5p5ARhouA.99