Lucas Torreira

United Pro

21 year old defensive midfielder from Sampdoria who has been incredible so far this season. He moved from Pescara at 19, like with Verrati and his play style is also of a similar ilk. A tough tackler, who's quick at interceptions and is also competent on the ball. He'll likely end up moving to a bigger club in the near future and I hope we make a move for him before the likes of Juventus or Napoli scoop him up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He'd be perfect for either of the Milan clubs...Napoli are covered in that position and so are Juventus

Roma is another club that might go for him. Expect one of those 3(plus juve because why not) to go for him in January

AndOr Hererra

I brought up the idea of us signing him and Santiago Ascacibar in the newbie forums in January. Interesting to see that he's started the season in good form as has Ascacibar who's moved from Estudiantes LP in Argentina to Stuttgart and got MotM vs Dortmund on Friday. He's still just 20.

Back to Torreira, he's been great every time i've seen him and it seems lots of other people are starting to take notice of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: KM

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rumors that he's off to Atletico in January!

izec

I brought up the idea of us signing him and Santiago Ascacibar in the newbie forums in January. Interesting to see that he's started the season in good form as has Ascacibar who's moved from Estudiantes LP in Argentina to Stuttgart and got MotM vs Dortmund on Friday. He's still just 20.

Back to Torreira, he's been great every time i've seen him and it seems lots of other people are starting to take notice of him.
That was a coup from Stuttgart. Was surprised they got him, he was highly rated in Argentina when he played for Estudiantes

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
he has a € 25 mln release clause and will leave next summer, according to his agent.

Gibb11

I wonder if either have a chance of gaining a place in thier respective teams for the World Cup then, just checked this Torreira whos Uruguyan no mentioned of any under 21/under 20s etc involvement which is strange... And Argentina have been crying out for a good midfielder since Veron or even Redondo

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Matic
Torreira Pogba

:drool::drool:

Looks a fantastic player, what Herrera should be for us but isnt.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Napoli are covered in that position and so are Juventus
Marchisio, Khedira and Matuidi are all over 30 so I'm not so sure about that.

Also, Torreira owned Khedira today.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Bought him with Man Utd in my first window in FM17. He had really good stats for a right back so I actually signed him with plans of moulding him to a Valencia replacement. Took one season before he was comfortable with playing there and he was just excellent. Eventually became my captain!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Marchisio, Khedira and Matuidi are all over 30 so I'm not so sure about that.

Also, Torreira owned Khedira today.
They have Pjanic and Bentancour, and Matuidi and Khedira are 30, not over 30. Torreira is more of the same type as Bentancour anyways

They're still going for him anyways, because why not

Devil may care

Looks like this ship has sailed but we should be in the market for a young DM to come in and share the role with Matic in preperation to take over.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's Uruguyan isn't he?

Got him coming through, Bentancur who's already playing a bit at Juve, Valverde who Real Madrid have signed and loaned to Depor and Nandez who's a pretty tidy player at Boca and will be in europe soon.

Uruguay just need a decent striker or two to develop post Suarez-Cavani and they've got another formidable team in the making.

AndOr Hererra

That was a coup from Stuttgart. Was surprised they got him, he was highly rated in Argentina when he played for Estudiantes
I agree, i dont watch much Argentinian football but the numbers he was racking up in that league were sensational especially for an 18-19 year old

Back to Torreira, i tried to get a close look at him when we played Sampdoria in preseason.. he was as good as you could expect really for a preaseason match against a far greater team. It seems this season hes improved his offensive game and im intrigued to see where he goes from here

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
He's Uruguyan isn't he?

Got him coming through, Bentancur who's already playing a bit at Juve, Valverde who Real Madrid have signed and loaned to Depor and Nandez who's a pretty tidy player at Boca and will be in europe soon.

Uruguay just need a decent striker or two to develop post Suarez-Cavani and they've got another formidable team in the making.
Bit naff at the back arent they?

TsuWave

Looks like this ship has sailed but we should be in the market for a young DM to come in and share the role with Matic in preperation to take over.

impressive.

full of energy, good tackler, seems to have that verratti guile, and not a scrub with the ball

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bit naff at the back arent they?
Yeah they lack numbers there but still got Jose Gimenez who's still only 22 although his progress seems to have stalled a bit at Atletico. Godin could always go on to 35-36 aswell.

RedRevongge

he has a € 25 mln release clause and will leave next summer, according to his agent.
If this is true it has to be worth the risk. I mean, I don't know who he is but if he is as good as some people on here are saying then €25 million for a play of his age is nothing in today's game. It would be hardly a financial risk at all

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
I think that with Jorginho to City he will be a Napoli player.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Great on FM for the last few games.
Never seen him play.

Would sign though, a bit like Dalot, a young lad with a potential big future, and if he has a 25m buyout, thats a bargain in todays market, even without seeing him! :lol: