Television Lucifer | S1 to S6 are now all available in the UK on Netflix

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It’s such a shit show but I confess I do enjoy it. Will probably watch with the missus when we’ve watched the stack of shows you’ve not had a chance to watch yet.

lsd

The Oracle
Now that it's off of network TV, did they add any nudity/swearing? It would make it much more fun.

Not so far and I would hope they dont change it . People who like it it do so because it's a fun cheesy show . We dont need it to go dark and dramatic there's loads of shows for that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I love how this show is the opposite from the extremely overanalyzed super fan attracting high profile shows. The show is a bit cheesy and a bit dumb, but it knows this all to well and is all the more enjoyable for it.

Also, Tom Ellis is brilliant.

Andersons Dietician

Currently 8 episodes in and enjoying it. Tom Ellis seems to have been on the Thor superhero workout because he is huuuuuge!!!

Andersons Dietician

Loved it.

Me too. Actually kind of think the overall quality was better with it being shortened down and the special FX were certainly massively improved upon.

Can’t end like that. There has to be another season and there are still characters they could use or that they teased about in that series. Like Michael, who Emenadeel must have a rivalry with, then you have Lilith mazakines mum. So much still to do.

I need more...

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Me too. Actually kind of think the overall quality was better with it being shortened down and the special FX were certainly massively improved upon.

Can’t end like that. There has to be another season and there are still characters they could use or that they teased about in that series. Like Michael, who Emenadeel must have a rivalry with, then you have Lilith mazakines mum. So much still to do.

I need more...
Yes. I thought they got the intensity without just rushing through the scenes. It managed to pull off that rare trick of having a couple of laugh out loud moments (particularly with Lucifer in the first episode) running alongside a plot that kept moving forward, and the character driven stuff.

the prophecy itself and maybe Lucifer face to face with the priest. I know the point of it was that his story had been vague but it impresses Chloe - and then later Lucifer as well. But that desire for more time might just be because I liked the Lucifer/Father Frank ep in S1.

As for the final episode. Obviously I want another season.

I thought that ending worked great as a finale or a cliffhanger.

Over the series, Lucifer has upset the hell/earth barrier and Amenadiel has upset the heaven/earth one - but things are left in a kind of balance again, albeit a fragile and temporary one.

Anyway, I thought it was good and suitably distracting :smirk:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I thought the new season was excellent - marked improvement on the last one, and I think they really benefitted from the switch to Netflix: the longer episodes, shorter season, the greater freedom in content (which they didn’t go overboard with), and it generally felt like they were working with a larger episode budget as the whole show looked and felt renewed to me.

Hope to see season 5 confirmed soon-ish.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Did this show ever get better.

I gave up about 10 episodes into his mum turning up

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Did this show ever get better.

I gave up about 10 episodes into his mum turning up
You can't ask the ones who are still watching it - we like the show. I guess it depends on what made you pack it in and what you had liked about it prior to that.

S4 is tighter, punchier than S3 - but I even liked S3 - even the fluff episodes where Lucifer was scarcely devilish at all. He's definitely more devilish in S4.

Carolina Red

Staff
And it gets renewed - a fifth and final season - by Netflix.

YES!!!!

My students got me into this show literally a month ago. I watched all 4 seasons before school let out so that we could have something to talk about the last couple days of school.

So happy to see a Season 5!

Sylar

Ok, so finally watched season 3 and 4 fully.
Agreed with most in here, s4 was much tighter and worked with having 10 episodes. I think most shows would benefit from having seasons that have that many eps. Its long enough to get a good story, and short enough to make you want more.

I thought that ending worked great as a finale or a cliffhanger.

Over the series, Lucifer has upset the hell/earth barrier and Amenadiel has upset the heaven/earth one - but things are left in a kind of balance again, albeit a fragile and temporary one.
Really agree with this. but im glad were getting a season 5. I think the prophecy part helped the overall season arc.

DVG7

Just started watching this and really, really enjoy it. Seems like it gets better as the seasons go on too!

Sylar

Just started watching this and really, really enjoy it. Seems like it gets better as the seasons go on too!
Yeah, it gets into its groove imo after the first season as it focuses more on the longer term storylines.

Season 5 on Netflix - from 21 August

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
S5 starts on Netflix on 21st August. Apparently the first half (8 episodes) of the season will arrive as a batch.

The other half will appear later, at a date to be confirmed. More surprising perhaps, given it was killed off by Fox after S3, Netflix have already confirmed that it will get a sixth (and really final) season.

Just thought I'd warn you about this in case you need time to prepare. :wenger:

Also on 21st August - the Europa League final. Busy, busy, busy.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ah nice, my guilty pleasure show. It's cheesy, it's corny and it's quite bad, but I love it all the same.

AaronRedDevil

I fecking love this show so much. Annoyed that the other 3 season of it arent on Netflix. I keep banging on about it to my friend, but he can't watch it because its only on UK amazon and not the irish one.

Plus I had my first nerd freak out on the CW shows because of him hah.

Sylar

I fecking love this show so much. Annoyed that the other 3 season of it arent on Netflix. I keep banging on about it to my friend, but he can't watch it because its only on UK amazon and not the irish one.

Plus I had my first nerd freak out on the CW shows because of him hah.
During the crisis with constantine?

Hope they finished this properly and no thread hanging. I hate how today's shows seems to never properly finish what they started
Think it will be. Given they have pretty much confirmed a sixth season and this was meant to be the final one (well previous one looked like it too as well, ha)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Think it will be. Given they have pretty much confirmed a sixth season and this was meant to be the final one (well previous one looked like it too as well, ha)
You know TV, they never let their golden goose really die, just incase someone willing to fund them for the "next season"

Sylar

You know TV, they never let their golden goose really die, just incase someone willing to fund them for the "next season"
Yep, either ending it too early (cancelled) or going on too long (watering it down)

AaronRedDevil

Yes!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Great! And so a sixth season even. I had not seen that before. More guilty pleasure to look forward to. :)

Dante

Average bang
I decided to watch the pilot after seeing this thread bumped.

I now understand exactly what people are saying. The show itself is a bit generic and shit, but characters and premise lend themselves to some really entertaining scenes. I'll definitely be sticking with it.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Started watching by this today and I'm almost done with season 1. I just can't stop watching even though it's cheesy as hell :)

Sylar

I decided to watch the pilot after seeing this thread bumped.

I now understand exactly what people are saying. The show itself is a bit generic and shit, but characters and premise lend themselves to some really entertaining scenes. I'll definitely be sticking with it.
Show gets better btw. Very 'villain of the week' to begin with. It still has the later but more interesting due to overall story arc which fits into it (IIRC)

Dante

Average bang
I'm still on season 1, but my guess is that Chloe will turn out to be the second coming of Christ.