Television Lucifer | S1 to S6 are now all available in the UK on Netflix

Sylar

Remember to get your shopping done this evening, tomorrow could be busy.

Just a reminder - new eps drop on Netflix tomorrow (Friday 21st) - please use spoiler tags for S5 chat and speculation.
Cant wait.
A lot of people say its a guilty pleasure. For me, I dont feel guilty at all. Its great.

Sylar

So ive watched half of the first half (so basically am on episode four)

The iDiablo! episode was great stuff. It still has the villain of the week stuff, but I really like how its mostly background for the ongoing story with Lucifer/michael and Chloe and the rest.

Sylar

Episode 4

Can defo tell theyre having fun doing a Noir episode. I mean it was for a purpose but also filler to get to the point which was mentioned before.
But it was fun and enjoyable.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I watched the first five of S5 before real life intervened. Lots of character threads foreshadowed in previous seasons are getting an airing here.

Oddly, probably the weakest story line in what I've seen so far is
Chloe's. Michael opens the can of worms on her origin/fate - but the stories that follow don't seem to live up to the scale of the problem.
Of course that may all change in subsequent eps.

In fact it's perhaps that sense of stories unfinished that is the strongest feeling. Which I guess is fair enough given I'm 5 eps into a sixteen ep season :D

For people who haven't watched Lucifer before, it's probably not the best season to start from - I think you need to know/like the characters to get the most from these stories. But if you do like them, then lots of good stuff - complete with the laugh/cry moments that mean after completing the first binge watch, I'll probably start watching it all again...

Sylar

Finished it and enjoyed it but need that second part

I really enjoyed the last three EPs where it ramps up
the casting for God is great choice. Couldn't be happier and excited to see where that goes

The serial killer is easy to guess if you watch enough tv but still fun the way they did it

Lucifer/Michael is a great element they've added especially the way Michael is a real dick about things

AaronRedDevil

On ep2 of S5
Love that cameo of Sharon freaking Osbourne, her talking about Ozzy to the devil. That was great

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
So I've watched all 8 episodes from this batch and I'm now waiting for the second half of S5.

Whereas S4 ends with
"a kind of closure, or certainly a temporary balance. S5/part A ends with a lot of stories unresolved, and nothing balanced.

The second half release date is still to be confirmed. Lucifer filming halted (due to covid) about half way through the final episode, and according to the showrunners that final episode may now get a bit of a rewrite.

The writers say that the final episode was going to wrap up a lot of character arcs in a hurry - but that S6 means that they can now play them out properly.

At any rate, I'll be back for the second half of the series. Meanwhile, I admit, I'll probably watch this half of the series again :lol:

Michael is a pure disruptor in this sequence of eps - but now everyone (except Ella) has an idea who he is, so it'll be interesting to see how they play him from here, not that fear feeders is a novel concept in SF of course.

In other news...
Nice to see Lucifer having a chance to play with switching his charms and vulnerabilities on and off.
Maze is terrific, I'm still rooting for her - despite how often she ends up on the wrong side on these conflicts :smirk:
The big reveal to Dan was good timing, as was the inevitable fallout.

Sylar

On ep2 of S5
Love that cameo of Sharon freaking Osbourne, her talking about Ozzy to the devil. That was great
Yeah that was great. Took me a second or two to realise it, then Chloe mentioning biting a bats head was great.

So I've watched all 8 episodes from this batch and I'm now waiting for the second half of S5.

Whereas S4 ends with
"a kind of closure, or certainly a temporary balance. S5/part A ends with a lot of stories unresolved, and nothing balanced.

The second half release date is still to be confirmed. Lucifer filming halted (due to covid) about half way through the final episode, and according to the showrunners that final episode may now get a bit of a rewrite.

The writers say that the final episode was going to wrap up a lot of character arcs in a hurry - but that S6 means that they can now play them out properly.

At any rate, I'll be back for the second half of the series. Meanwhile, I admit, I'll probably watch this half of the series again :lol:

Michael is a pure disruptor in this sequence of eps - but now everyone (except Ella) has an idea who he is, so it'll be interesting to see how they play him from here, not that fear feeders is a novel concept in SF of course.

In other news...
Nice to see Lucifer having a chance to play with switching his charms and vulnerabilities on and off.
Maze is terrific, I'm still rooting for her - despite how often she ends up on the wrong side on these conflicts :smirk:
The big reveal to Dan was good timing, as was the inevitable fallout.
The stuff with 'detective douche' was great.
Poor Ella eh?

By the way I loved the scene where Lucifer and Michael played devil and angel to Armenadiel but kinda in a role reversal

evil_geko

I was under the impression this season had only 8 episodes, but this is just half a season eh. I thought Netflix always drops the whole seasons.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Finally got round to get into season 5 and finished three episodes now. Loving it so far!

Michael is fun so far. In the first episode he appears, I was worried they would continue his pretense for too long cause I was done with it quite quickly - only to find out near the end of the episode that everyone that really knows Lucifer saw through Michael right from the start. :lol: Curious to see where they'll take this next.

Dante

Average bang
Just looked at TV Maze, and it seems like episodes 9 to 16 will all be released in one go on the 28th. No weekly schedules. Perfect for binging.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Haven’t watched any of this, is it worth watching from the very beginning?
Yes! Great series. Definitely don't start in a later season, cause the narrative does build and you'd miss references. Just get going from S1E1 and see how you like it. I think it's awesome - not the greatest series ever and there definitely some short dips in quality, but on the whole an awesome series.

Sylar

Season 1 takes time to get going and a lot of the monster of the week stuff, which is fun but does well with a season wide story behind it

More story orientated in later seasons

Sylar

Just a reminder to the devotees. Just a couple of days left to catch-up/refresh your memory of the first half of S5. The second half of S5 drops on Netflix on Friday.
Yessss.... Awesome, cant wait for this. Friday is going to keep me busy

Sylar

OMG, I cant believe that happened...

:angel:

Just kidding. ill watch later so probably wont enter this thread now until ive seen it :)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Is there!? I thought these episodes were the end of it?
There wasn't going to be, then Netflix came up with the money to roll again.

The writing team say that what it meant was that the last episode which did the final wrap-up on all the character stories has basically turned into S6. Good news/bad news? We'll find out when we see the episodes, probably next year. Apparently after the covid lockdown they went back to work and completed a rewritten S5/series finale and then started filming S6

Meanwhile I'm two episodes into S5b, but I had to pause to do some work :eek: which I've now finished - I've got my coffee and biccies sorted as well, so I'm just about ready for episode 3. Serious business binge watching.

AaronRedDevil

There wasn't going to be, then Netflix came up with the money to roll again.

The writing team say that what it meant was that the last episode which did the final wrap-up on all the character stories has basically turned into S6. Good news/bad news? We'll find out when we see the episodes, probably next year. Apparently after the covid lockdown they went back to work and completed a rewritten S5/series finale and then started filming S6

Meanwhile I'm two episodes into S5b, but I had to pause to do some work :eek: which I've now finished - I've got my coffee and biccies sorted as well, so I'm just about ready for episode 3. Serious business binge watching.
Sweet! Happy binging my guy.

AaronRedDevil

Finished the whole thing earlier. The first 2 episodes were really damn good. Everything seems to be improved. The writing and acting. Really enjoyed it and was a bit shocked at a few parts they went with. Also theres a musical episode which was kinda funny and actually had a point to it. The last episode was great, felt a bit rushed but it does look like an ending. Even though there's one more thing they might need to do before they end it all maybe.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Just finished and I didnt really enjoy this season to be honest. Ive forgotten 5A and the only Episode I really liked of 5B was the Dan centric episode. I actually thought that was a brilliant episode. One of the best of the series as a whole. I dont know, just didnt have the same enjoyment for me this season. Oh well.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah I’ve kind of been left thinking meh. It just seemed rushed and they stepped away from the Lucifer/Chloe dynamic to put in quite a few filler episodes that were just for the other characters. I did enjoy the Dan stuff but some of it was just a little weird and it seemed characters had changed without seeing why they’ve changed.

I wasn’t a fan of 5A so I’ve never rewatched it. Maybe it needs to be seen as a whole but was generally somewhat poor apart from, “Dan Naked and Afraid” actually it was a very Dan heavy series.

I’m pretty sure that was the last one they were doing as well so the ending was quite terrible unless I’m wrong and they are doing a 6th season. There are certainly lots of things they still need to address in my eyes and will be disappointed if it ends like that.

Norris

Reached till the Dan Heavy episode. I've liked it so far. This one and the musical were really good imo. Also think they cast God really well, almost Morgan Freeman-ish, but not quite. Will watch the rest over the next few days.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's fun reading this in anticipation - especially now people's opinions are all over the place. :D We're finishing another series first (The Good Cop - bit uneven but overall quite good and I would've liked to have more than one season), but then it's Lucifer time. :)
I’m pretty sure that was the last one they were doing as well so the ending was quite terrible unless I’m wrong and they are doing a 6th season. There are certainly lots of things they still need to address in my eyes and will be disappointed if it ends like that.
There will indeed be a sixth season:
Wikipedia said:
Although the fifth season was initially reported to be the last, in June 2020 the series was renewed for a sixth and final season of ten episodes.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
When filming halted (covid) the S5 finale was going to be the series finale, and the only episode they had left to film was that one. During the lockdown they were offered a S6.

They say that "a lot of character arcs" were supposed to wrap up in the finale. But that's now what S6 is about. S5 finale got rewritten because they knew they had a S6. So if it seemed like an odd ep to close the series, it's because it got converted halfway through filming to a season finale.

I've not had chance to watch all the S5 eps so I won't comment further until I've seen the lot. But I've enjoyed the eps I've seen so far in 5b, despite feeling a bit underwhelmed by 5a. Will catch up soon.

Andersons Dietician

There will indeed be a sixth season:
When filming halted (covid) the S5 finale was going to be the series finale, and the only episode they had left to film was that one. During the lockdown they were offered a S6.

They say that "a lot of character arcs" were supposed to wrap up in the finale. But that's now what S6 is about. S5 finale got rewritten because they knew they had a S6. So if it seemed like an odd ep to close the series, it's because it got converted halfway through filming to a season finale.

I've not had chance to watch all the S5 eps so I won't comment further until I've seen the lot. But I've enjoyed the eps I've seen so far in 5b, despite feeling a bit underwhelmed by 5a. Will catch up soon.
Thats good that there will be a sixth season, and now You've mentioned the re-write and filler it does make a lot more sense as to why it goes the way it goes.

I feel Like there is still much to be discussed about the series. one thing I’m dying to get in to but will leave it till people catch up.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Cant wait to see the new episodes. Greatest guilty pleasure show of all time.