Watched half the episodes
Things I've liked so far that I remember immediately

The dinner scene in the first ep

The musical and how it went about

Haysbert as God and all the interactions with People realising he's God

The Dan episode and how it all played out

Also Maze is the greatest

Sylar

Excellent season finale and even the penultimate episode.
Enjoyed 5b overall and a great binge

Dan death was done so well and especially the whole 'he is in Hell'

They've planted the seed of that other demon coming up to heaven so can see Dan being shown as a demon / sufferer in hell who can come to heaven over time

They also need to expand on Ellas stuff next season and her dark side

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Excellent season finale and even the penultimate episode.
Enjoyed 5b overall and a great binge

Dan death was done so well and especially the whole 'he is in Hell'

They've planted the seed of that other demon coming up to heaven so can see Dan being shown as a demon / sufferer in hell who can come to heaven over time

They also need to expand on Ellas stuff next season and her dark side
Theres another season after this? Thought this was the last season.

Makes sense if there's one more season after this to close out the character arcs properly.

Sylar

Theres another season after this? Thought this was the last season.

Makes sense if there's one more season after this to close out the character arcs properly.
Yep one more season
Think @jojojo explained it on previous page perfectly

Dante

Average bang
This is such a stupid show. But I do enjoy it. And the last couple of episodes were pretty good.

I'm genuinely shocked that a concept like this can exist in a country as religious as the US. It definitely wouldn't have been allowed in the 60s or 70s. Probably not even up to 00s. The ending of season 5 really turned the blasphemy up a notch. I'll be interested to see where they take it. The fact we know that season 6 is the end should mean the writers have a clear idea about the direction the characters are going to take. As much as I liked Supernatural, that show's 15 seasons didn't help the to keep things interesting.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Just watching episode 2 of this second pet to season 5 - garbage. It keeping breaking into song is bullshit.
Sounds like you reached the musical episode that people have been talking about. :D As I dislike musical, I don't think I'll appreciate this one. I anyway don't think they do a great job at special episodes in the series; I didn't much like the detective/film noir one from the first part of S5 either. (I love that genre actually, I just thought it was poorly done.)

Last edited:

Heardy

Sounds like you reached the musical episode that people have been talking about. :D As I dislike musical, I don't think I'll appreciate this one. I anyway don't think they do a great job at special episodes in the series; I didn't much like the detective/film noir one from the first past of S5 either. (I loved that genre actually, I just thought it was poorly done.)
Ive tried to avoid spoilers online so wasn’t aware others had complained. Honestly it’s just weird, very jarring.

I agree with you on the film noir episode too!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ive tried to avoid spoilers online so wasn’t aware others had complained. Honestly it’s just weird, very jarring.

I agree with you on the film noir episode too!
The bolded bit just sounds like any musical to me! :D

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The musical was hilarious coming from a guy that hates musicals.

Bad to the boonnne, bbbbbbbbbbb-baaaad.

Just finished it, not bad. I just love this show for some reason. Tom Ellis is an amazing actor.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I like S5-b more than I expected to.

The first half of the season seemed a bit wooly to me, but then I always liked the discipline of a police case to investigate as the backdrop, with the character arcs implied in the parallels and the pauses. What we got seemed to be neither the cop story, nor the character story.

The second half of the season seemed to get into a stronger rhythm. Very much character and theme dominating, but with a stronger overall sense of direction, that made up for the relative lack of strong cop stories.

Ok, it's hard to imagine Lucifer wanting the God job for long, but I reckon he'll want to bring in some rule changes.

Lucifer recognises redemption, justice, fairness - he can survive heaven, Mr Get Out Bitch can get out of his hell loop. Mrs Goddess has invited Mr God into her universe. Maze has found her soul.

I can't see him leaving Dan in hell, maybe Maze will get the job of helping the (mostly) good guys escape their hell loops. A few swift rule changes in hell - maybe even a promotion/relegation system for the damned and a clean up of the angel hierarchy and he'll retire.

I don't know what he'll do with Michael though. No way can he be trusted to run hell, or Lux.

Sylar

The first half of the season seemed a bit wooly to me, but then I always liked the discipline of a police case to investigate as the backdrop, with the character arcs implied in the parallels and the pauses. What we got seemed to be neither the cop story, nor the character story.

The second half of the season seemed to get into a stronger rhythm. Very much character and theme dominating, but with a stronger overall sense of direction, that made up for the relative lack of strong cop stories.

Ok, it's hard to imagine Lucifer wanting the God job for long, but I reckon he'll want to bring in some rule changes.

Lucifer recognises redemption, justice, fairness - he can survive heaven, Mr Get Out Bitch can get out of his hell loop. Mrs Goddess has invited Mr God into her universe. Maze has found her soul.

I can't see him leaving Dan in hell, maybe Maze will get the job of helping the (mostly) good guys escape their hell loops. A few swift rule changes in hell - maybe even a promotion/relegation system for the damned and a clean up of the angel hierarchy and he'll retire.

I don't know what he'll do with Michael though. No way can he be trusted to run hell, or Lux.
I for sure see Lucifer helping to turn Dan around and get him into Heaven. They have planted that seed with the other guy getting out of his loop with him no longer feeling guilty. I reckon we see Dan loop at least once and this then being broken.

Also as a unrelated thing, I really really want a cameo from Constanstine after we saw Lucifer in the Crisis crossover.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I just just love this show.
It isn't a masterpiece or anything, but it is a classic pop corn entertainment with a charismatic lead and an interesting set of supporting characters and an extensive storyline giving a spin to a well known mythology.

Just finished season 5B, and have to say it was entertaining and some of the episodes were really well made.
Being an Indian and having watched BW movies my whole life, I didn't mind the musical at all, especially given they gave a perfect explanation for it. Actually it was quite funny.

Can't wait for the finale season.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I just just love this show.
It isn't a masterpiece or anything, but it is a classic pop corn entertainment with a charismatic lead and an interesting set of supporting characters and an extensive storyline giving a spin to a well known mythology.

Just finished season 5B, and have to say it was entertaining and some of the episodes were really well made.
Being an Indian and having watched BW movies my whole life, I didn't mind the musical at all, especially given they gave a perfect explanation for it. Actually it was quite funny.

Can't wait for the finale season.
We have started with 5b now and we watched the musical episode yesterday. To my amazement, I thought it was actually quite funny - especially with the explanation they provided. I didn't quite like all the songs and performances equally, but all the same, a really strong episode. :)

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty

I have a feeling that God's Plan was always that his rebellious son would get a rebirth as an angel only after he dies while getting burned in heaven sacrificing himself for a selfless cause.

And I hope Lucifer would be able to reunite Charlotte and Dan in heaven, damn his death episode was really a emotional wreck, Lauren is a fantastic actress.
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Really got that dance number and b-b-b-bad to the bone with maize stuck in my head
By far the track I liked the least in that episode! :wenger:

I just watched the Dan episode. I got a bit bored halfway through, but the ending made up for everything! :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Finished it now. I think it was very good - all the episodes were good despite some weaker points here and there. I actually feel it had finished just fine as well. As much as I do look forward to more, I wouldn't have been disappointed if this had been the end of the series.

I must say I was rather unhappy about Dan's death when it happened; it seemed random and unnecessary to me. But I guess it's nice to see that there are actually stakes in the series (it made Chloe's 'death' a lot more dramatic), plus his death was woven into the story with Michael really well in the final episode.

I also assume he'll follow that other guy's lead and will make his way to heaven in S6, but that's kinda implied now and not so interesting anymore. I think most other characters are in a good place as well; there aren't many arcs left to resolve for me. (It's boring to tie up every little detail.) But since they're going on anyway, I hope they'll expand a lot more on Ella. For one thing, she's the only remaining central character that doesn't know the truth!

Sylar

Finished it now. I think it was very good - all the episodes were good despite some weaker points here and there. I actually feel it had finished just fine as well. As much as I do look forward to more, I wouldn't have been disappointed if this had been the end of the series.

I must say I was rather unhappy about Dan's death when it happened; it seemed random and unnecessary to me. But I guess it's nice to see that there are actually stakes in the series (it made Chloe's 'death' a lot more dramatic), plus his death was woven into the story with Michael really well in the final episode.

I also assume he'll follow that other guy's lead and will make his way to heaven in S6, but that's kinda implied now and not so interesting anymore. I think most other characters are in a good place as well; there aren't many arcs left to resolve for me. (It's boring to tie up every little detail.) But since they're going on anyway, I hope they'll expand a lot more on Ella. For one thing, she's the only remaining central character that doesn't know the truth!
Agree with this. I think ella needs a big part next season especially with all that's happened so far.
Also it still astounds me the age of the actress

With regards to Dan I think it will be the journey rather than the obvious destination

S6 on Netflix - from 10 Sept

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
So it's time to schedule your viewing, rewatch old eps and get supplies in order. It's Lucifer binge time again. The sixth and final (no really, it is the final this time) series drops on Netflix on the 10th Sept and it's ten episodes worth of Luciferness.

Just thought I'd mention it, so we, the few, the unashamed can prepare ourselves.

Sylar

So it's time to schedule your viewing, rewatch old eps and get supplies in order. It's Lucifer binge time again. The sixth and final (no really, it is the final this time) series drops on Netflix on the 10th Sept and it's ten episodes worth of Luciferness.

Just thought I'd mention it, so we, the few, the unashamed can prepare ourselves.
Can't wait , already decided I'm not going out after work on Friday :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Very surprised to see it again so soon. Can’t wait! Need to get Dan the hell out of there. This show is just like a CW show buts it’s done sooo much better with the very likeable characters.

Sylar

Very surprised to see it again so soon. Can’t wait! Need to get Dan the hell out of there. This show is just like a CW show buts it’s done sooo much better with the very likeable characters.
Out of hell?

Or out of the show? :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This soon? I had expected to wait until 2022 for this. Nice!! :)

Or rather: :devil:

lsd

The Oracle
Hoping Tom Ellis can be the next Doctor after this. He has said he wants it and would be perfect

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I wasn't expecting this so soon. Are the releasing the whole thing at once this time, or is it going to be broken up again?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Hoping Tom Ellis can be the next Doctor after this. He has said he wants it and would be perfect
Agreed, he'd be great. He'd need to be accompnied by a good showrunner though given the Doctors post-Tennant have been severely let down by the quality of writing for way too many episodes.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Just to confirm, Lucifer S6 is now available on Netflix.

Out of respect for those with work to do, or lives to live:
Please use SPOILER tags.

I may be gone for a while, I hope, as long as no one from work catches up with me. In which case it may take me longer :wenger:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
4 eps in and I'm enjoying it too much.

Surrealism abounds and we're a long way from the cop procedural that got me hooked, but the characters are there, but so is the wit and the story arc is on a roll.

Overselling it? Maybe. But I can't see it disappointing the addicts - not so far at least.

Sylar

The cartoon hell loop............. :lol: :lol:
I'm on that now :lol: brilliant

4 eps in and I'm enjoying it too much.

Surrealism abounds and we're a long way from the cop procedural that got me hooked, but the characters are there, but so is the wit and the story arc is on a roll.

Overselling it? Maybe. But I can't see it disappointing the addicts - not so far at least.
I think if you're a fan that's enjoyed it up to this season, then I think you're right and not over selling it