Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

Ole the player. Awesome. United great. Classy, professional , talented.

Ole the manager. Uninspiring. Lackluster. Boring. Predictable. Not talented.

Anyways with all these leaks, there is no way he doesn't get sacked now. Just get the next appointment right. Conte, Zidane or Ten hag.
The biggest mistake Ole did imo was not getting a better team under himself. People who are better than him in training, tactics, etc. As a man manager I think he got everything and the players really like him and respect him.

Well, that did not happen and it’s time to act.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm surprised it took as long as it did for genuine noise to be made about it. The commentary during yesterdays game mentioned how agents had been briefed that United wouldn't be looking for another manager anytime soon, and that seemed odd in its own right. To me, it seemed to be trying to avoid what has happened with the last few sackings (i.e. the worst kept secret in football for 48 hours before it actually happened)

There'll be no joy in seeing Ole get the boot. A good man and a club icon, but it needs to happen.

FerociousCorgis

Could be a good time to do it. Get the new manager bounce against shit spurs, then even if they lose against city it would be expected and not held against them. Just make the damn move already not like we have been playing great anytime recently and this was a one off.

Tony247

Finally some good thread on potential good news.

Waiting waiting waiting...

LARulz

I keep reading about ‘all these leaks’ but have only seen the very unreliable Luckhurst Tweets. Has annoying more reliable been on the story that I’ve missed??
We're all just hoping something is happening than nothing

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I keep reading about ‘all these leaks’ but have only seen the very unreliable Luckhurst Tweets. Has annoying more reliable been on the story that I’ve missed??
Luckhurst is close to the team, he may get things wrong but for one if he is reporting on it, there’s something in it

VanDeBank

Ma’am
If we decided we want Ten Hag then we should wait for him. Announce it, say we've agreed he'll take over in the summer and in the meantime so and so will take charge. Let's us make moves for players he wants to bring in straight away. We shouldn't rush an appointment. If Conte is who we want then fair enough, go straight for him.
I don't think he'll walk from Ajax like that. He's in a position to make a great CL run and win the double. He'd definitely need a pre season to implement his ideas and a summer transfer window. He's more flexible than a lot of people on here think, but still, De Gea is the complete anthesis of an Ajax keeper. Ditto AWB. If you watch Mazraoui getting into scoring positions and supporting the midfield I doubt Ten Hag can make use of him without development. And he'd obviously prioritize a DM.

Devil may care

I'd be happier if there was some Ten Hag or even Zidane news going along with this story, instead of the miserable Conte rumours.

Shimo

At this point, Glazers/Woodward even not really knowing football have to just look at every corner and same thing is being said by everyone, no one knows how United are playing defensively or on the attacking side. It's not even up for debate any more. There is not a team out there playing, it's bunch of individuals that you hope don't screw up defensively and hope to have a moment of brilliance to get you a couple goals.

Till this time, results have been there to "show signs" that we we are moving ahead but, since the start of this season, it's been laid bare compared to who our rivals are, we are nowhere near. With this squad with this management, our rivals are more teams like Everton, Villa, West Ham and Arsenal. Not Chelsea, Liverpool or City.

Only thing stopping them pulling the trigger now is getting the next to agree. Till yesterday, they probably didn't plan for it, couldn't even imagine what happened but, now have no choice - they have to do something before we end up fighting for Europa league spot for next season at best.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The longer they leave it the worse the board are going to look now

Kopral Jono

Right now I'm randomly listening to Goldbridge while doing some work and out of all people he's just made a great point in that if Ole gets the sack, we should never get an ex-player to manage the club again in the future, for it messes up with people's heads if they're not good enough. It's something I hadn't thought about before for some reason.

Ted1985

Please sack this man as soon as possible IF someone of a decent calibre is willing to take a shot at the job. My heart is wishing for Ten Hag or someone similar.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He's unproven at the top level too though (yes I know they battered Dortmund but Ole beat PSG), plus I don't trust the Dutch league as a barometer at the moment. I do like how they play though. Agree I'm not sure about Conte either.
They also beat Real and Juve and were very unlucky to lose to Spurs (all in the same run in the CL). The Real and Juve games were very impressive, they won 4-1 and 2-1 away and could have had more. The stars of that team (Frenkie de Jong, de Ligt, DvB, Ziyech) have all left, so he's rebuilt and seems to have made another team capable of challenging bigger names in Europe.

I still don't think he'd be a good mid-season appointment for this squad, and also whether he'd leave his very promising team abruptly.

crossy1686

career ending
Feck me, Ten Hag? Have you lot learned absolutely fecking nothing in recent years. Tell me, which selection of you are regular Dutch league watchers? Who here has seen more than the odd 180 minutes of Ajax in the last 3 seasons in the CL? Or maybe you're all just avid Utrecht or Bayern reserve watchers? Let's have a quick run down of previous managers shall we?

Moyes - Gamble, inexperienced at elite PL level, no CL experience.
LVG - 20 years past his best at elite level
Mourinho - 5 years past his best at elite level
Solskjaer - Gamble, won trophies in a minor league and some European experience, inexperienced at elite PL level

Ten Hag - Gamble, won trophies in lesser leagues, some CL experience, inexperienced at elite PL level, done well at a club with a rigid system, first actual job at a big club. Has Overmars and Van Der Sar to hold his hand and build the squad for him.

Zidane and Conte, possibly even Pochettino, are available now or in the next few months. Managers in their prime who will win things and command respect, not only that, proven and have done so very recently.

Okey

I'm just happy the wheels are moving, pun intended. Should have been done a while ago. Surely just a matter of time now. You'll always be our legend Ole, but it's time for a proper manager. Thanks for everything. Hopefully when emotions settle, our love for you will remain.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Woodward tried to do a lame sales pitch to Klopp.
The bizarre comparison with United and Disneyland.

Of course a proper football coach would be wondering wtf was that.

Rightly so, he rejected the offer.

Damn it. Woodward again.
Klopp simply saw that it was a marketing operation and not a football club. He said as much in later interviews.

Code-CX

Got nothing against Ole as a person, but feck me he should have been sacked a long time ago. The fact that we're still in the consideration stage (if the reports are true anyway) is ridiculous.

Elliot

I'd wait until after the City game at least before bringing someone in. The mood would be even worse if we get pumped by them with a new manager in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Problem with Conte?
Yeah I don't think his system is suited for us. I don't want to see big name casualties, I think all of our star players bar Pogba have something big to offer us.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Dismantle the squad? What squad do we have? Virtually all of our players, except Greenwood, are in their prime. We'd need a revamp in a few years regardless. Ole hasn't brought for the future or anything.
People seem to think that Conte would bring in short-term fixes that would be useless to the next manager. It's a common argument against him on here.

I'm not voicing my personal concerns.

Giggsyking

you must be kidding, he is very close to the team.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Better Conte than no one. Tell him he's here for a long term project, given him a two year contract, and then just bring in Ten Hag anyway at the end of the season.
He won't suspect a thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The biggest mistake Ole did imo was not getting a better team under himself. People who are better than him in training, tactics, etc. As a man manager I think he got everything and the players really like him and respect him.

Well, that did not happen and it’s time to act.
Agreed. Despite Ole constantly bigging them up in the press its quite clear that Phelan et.al are not at the required level.

Lets just hope that Conte or whoever comes in insist on bringing their own backroom staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.