Luckhurst: United prepared to move for a holding midfielder in January

justsomebloke

The flaw with this thought process is that you overlook the importance of a player's attributes and place more import on his level of talent. More like Berbatov was more talented that Chicharito but even a flawed Chicharito was more useful to our side because he had more pace which suited the team.

Kamara is a natural holding midfielder, he can come in and balance out our midfield and that could could good enough to raise the level of the team as teams won't be easily walking through us. Say we spend £10m on him in January but he hopefully settles and that allows us to drop £80m on Bellingham, would you still demand a higher rated player?
Sure, you can make a case for that line of thinking. But you probably do need players of a certain general quality if they're going to be starting regularly for United. It might be that Kamara is of that quality, of course.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sure, you can make a case for that line of thinking. But you probably do need players of a certain general quality if they're going to be starting regularly for United. It might be that Kamara is of that quality, of course.
He's probably not even being planned to start right now anyway.

Give him 6 months to settle in and adapt. Matic and Pogba will be gone next year, who knows what will happen with DVB either.

We can't just keep Fred and Mctominay alone all season. Players usually adapt from France fairly quickly also.

El Jefe

Getting a holding midfielder only solves half the problem. McT cannot pass and Fred can only pass half the time and that's being generous.

Both need to be phased out of the starting 11 but Mctominay's exit is needed imminently.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
The algorythm on youtube led me to a report about julian weigl.
Who here watches the Portuguese league regularly? I was a fan of him when he played for Dortmund and I thought he was good against Bayern in the CL this season, very good passing and good defensive movement.