Luckhurst: United prepared to move for a holding midfielder in January

Wing Attack Plan R

We need a new plan to compete cause we clearly don't have a good one. Chelsea and City have top class managers and money to burn

Liverpool got a top class managers and absolute geniuses on the board who work wonders in the market with making their money stretch.

We got an Ok manager, an incompetent board and an ability to never finish a rebuild. Sometimes you just go to bite the bullet if you want a shot at the big boy trophies.

Where is our Tom Brady?

All the Glazers aim to do is stop the protesets. That's their goal for the season.
Prescient.

Mylock

Bossumo looks like he's ready to move to the next level, a great option but unlikely as we need to shift too many players out to make room.

Lyng

Will be good for him. He's just 21.
Yeah this is an excellent point. Ronaldo will take all eyes and pressure on himself and it will give Sancho a change to adapt without the pressure of being the One.

LARulz

$$$$ruma, Hakimi, Wijnaldum, Ramos, Messi is an insane window - funnily enough they're also desperate for a DM.
But their current options in those holding roles are slightly better than ours in my opinion

Every team has a weak spot but we should have enough in our squad to challenge at the minimum

suhaylah

Ronaldo
Rashford Fernandes Sancho
Pogba Bissouma
Shaw Maguire Varane Wan-Bissaka
De Gea

Cavani
Martial Lingard Greenwood
Fred McTominay
Telles Bailly Lindelof Dalot
Henderson
Thats before mentioning Van de Beek, James and others. Good depth there
Cavani up top with Ronaldo on the left.. Rashford has been completely out of form since a long time.. And also it will take him quite some time to get back to training after his surgery. He won't get back in our first 11 easily..

RetroStu

A DM, a GOOD DM really would complete this team. Hopefully the club will see this too, everyone else can.

Holters

Cavani up top with Ronaldo on the left.. Rashford has been completely out of form since a long time.. And also it will take him quite some time to get back to training after his surgery. He won't get back in our first 11 easily..
There is zero chance Ronaldo will be playing regularly on the wing. He will be number 9. If any of the two will be shifted out wide it will be Cavani - not Ronaldo.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ronaldo 500K
Varane 400K
DDG 375K
Sancho 350K
Pogba 275K
Martial 250K
Cavanni 250K
Mguire 200K
Bruno 200K
Rashford 200K
Matic 150K
Mata 130K

DVB 100K
G'wood 50K
Fred 120K
Shaw 120K
Jesse 100K
Hendo 100K
AWB 90K
Lindelof 90K
Jones 100K
Baily 100K

Telles 80K
McT 20K

Almost 210M GBP per annum on major players, hopefully things wont get out of hands financially as it seems we have the biggest wage bill in the world of football
The Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo numbers are all wrong. I'm sure the others might be too.

Considering we didn't have the biggest wage bill in the PL last season (City, Chelsea and Liverpool all had higher) I very much doubt we now have the biggest wage bill in the world.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
There is zero chance Ronaldo will be playing regularly on the wing. He will be number 9. If any of the two will be shifted out wide it will be Cavani - not Ronaldo.
Two great CFs and you think they’re going to play wide? That would be clueless from Utd

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Seems kind of greedy to ask for another signing but we have Ronaldo for two years and we really should make the most of it. Raise more money through more sales, delve into our savings, search down the back of the sofa - now is the time to push ourselves.

diarm

I agree that Rashford has work to do to regain his form and place in the team once he has recovered.

But I'd go Greenwood right, Sancho left and Ronaldo/Cavani up top.

Greenwood has earned his spot with his performances in the first couple of games and I feel he is on the cusp of taking off into the stratosphere.

Bestietom

The Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo numbers are all wrong. I'm sure the others might be too.

Considering we didn't have the biggest wage bill in the PL last season (City, Chelsea and Liverpool all had higher) I very much doubt we now have the biggest wage bill in the world.
McT is on more than 20k.

Holters

Two great CFs and you think they’re going to play wide? That would be clueless from Utd
???

I said the completely opposite... I said Ronaldo will be playing as number 9... Read it again with your glasses on this time. :lol:

NB: Cavani played most of his time at PSG out wide btw. Zlatan was the number 9.

Devil may care

We can look at off loading Martial too, He wont be happy to be on bench and probably giving Matic on loan to anyone

We can only register max 25 players to the league I guess so we need to trim down the squad especially if we are bringing in a CDM.
Martial is a hard one to shift due to his wages, otherwise I think he might well have moved this summer.

Is there still the rule where under 21 players don't have to be registered?

Brophs

The One and Only
$$$$ruma, Hakimi, Wijnaldum, Ramos, Messi is an insane window - funnily enough they're also desperate for a DM.
Miguel Delaney was on an Irish radio show during the week and he said that his understanding was that Ole wants a metronomic DM in the mould of Busquets, for example, which was why he wasn't as pushed on the idea of Saul or Bissouma, who he sees as box-to-box. And that the recruitment side were really struggling to find him that sort of player, which he was frustrated about. Similar to what you said, the feeling seems to be that those players are in very short supply at present.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Miguel Delaney was on an Irish radio show during the week and he said that his understanding was that Ole wants a metronomic DM in the mould of Busquets, for example, which was why he wasn't as pushed on the idea of Saul or Bissouma, who he sees as box-to-box. And that the recruitment side were really struggling to find him that sort of player, which he was frustrated about. Similar to what you said, the feeling seems to be that those players are in very short supply at present.
There's Brozovic and maybe Neves

Pronewbie

Peep
They've always been in short supply unfortunately. Imagine if we were successful in getting Kroos and Modric back in the day. Thats also why for me Carrick has always been grossly underrated by the english fans.

laughtersassassin

If Lingard and James are leaving I see no reason why we shouldn't be bringing in a CM or DM either by buying or on loan.

Like why not really go for the title and complete the first 11?

Abraxas

I think if that was Oles idea we should have gone harder for Locatelli. He is somebody that knows how to position himself to be the main point of contact in midfield and has the technique. Even if he's not always played that role the data suggests he's one of the best around in terms of being influential in midfield.

Silas

The scouts should check out Caqueret.

Devil may care

I think if that was Oles idea we should have gone harder for Locatelli. He is somebody that knows how to position himself to be the main point of contact in midfield and has the technique. Even if he's not always played that role the data suggests he's one of the best around in terms of being influential in midfield.
The issue was that Locatelli was hellbent on going to Juventus.

MrSingh2002

Martial, Lingard and Mata out hopefully.

Then we sign Trippier and a CDM that can pass.

davidmichael

If it isn’t a pure out and out defensive midfielder then Ole clearly doesn’t watch the same as we all do.

Flytan

I can't watch our midfield again. Sell any/all. Of Martial, James, and Lingard and just get someone. Hell take a random shit at any DM and I'll be happy just give me some crumbs

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely we're not going to bring a mid in as well? That'd be a championship manager summer window!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I can't watch our midfield again. Sell any/all. Of Martial, James, and Lingard and just get someone. Hell take a random shit at any DM and I'll be happy just give me some crumbs
At least two of those have to be sold.

Devil may care

You can only register 25 players for the PL season, we have 26 not counting Jones, so we're going to need 2 from James/Lingard/Van de Beek to be sold/loaned if we are to get a midfielder.