#LUHG (Love United Hate Glazer) is just a cover for attacking Ole

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The LUHG mob on twitter are fools who actively want us to fail.

LUHG in general though is nothing about Ole.

Hope this helps. :D

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Louis United Holland Gaal

Makes sense that Gaal would try to undermine Ole, he's jealous and bitter.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Certainly feels that way as the only time we hear about green and gold is when we're losing. The movement is based on some good ideas but it's perhaps the worst organised revolt since Occupy Wall Street. It would have been more powerful seeing it, say, when we were winning the Europa League.

JB7

The Twitter hashtag LUHG brigade use it a cover for attacking Ole? Yes I agree.

The actual campaign of LUHG is a cover for attacking Ole? Not at all, however it is a campaign which has not properly been active for years now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If that was the case they'd be "backing Ole" one of the worst managers in the Premiere League, won't they?
No, they literally want us to lose. One of them sets his avatar to the badge of the next team we play every week despite being a “United fan”

If you’re Ole out that’s fine, I don’t rate him myself, but hoping we lose to fit your agenda means your simply not a fan of the club.

arthurka

The LUHG movement came from a genuine place but it´s an absolute mess these days.

Rolaholic

There used to be a legitimate and more organized LUHG movement towards the end of the Fergie era and around the time Moyes was here but it's size and popularity waned and faded away after a while.

What you see nowadays on social media is mainly filled with scorned Mourinho acolytes who don't actually give a shit about United and actively root for the club, manager and players to fail to feel some sense of superiority.

It's a shame because there's more than enough fertile ground and collective anger for a strong and sustained fan protest movement but there's hardly much solidarity within the fanbase, at least not enough necessary to make it gain steam beyond online.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
No, they literally want us to lose. One of them sets his avatar to the badge of the next team we play every week despite being a “United fan”

If you’re Ole out that’s fine, I don’t rate him myself, but hoping we lose to fit your agenda means your simply not a fan of the club.
Dont rate him yourself huh?

In Rainbows

They're the Mourinho cult. They're not United fans. Only reason they call themselves LUHG is to disguise their love for Mourinho. Every opinion is based on trying to make Mourinho look better.

Waynne

Am I the only one who had to google that up to realize it stood for 'Love United Hate Glazer'?
No I had no Idea what LUHG was either.

I hate it when people start topics with acronyms and with no explanation for what they mean.

or whoever the current manager is. Convince me otherwise
Hey you mind editing your initial post so that people understand what you're on about? Not everyone is clued up to what LUHG means. Don't just assume people know what you're talking about.

humiliated

I never want to see us get beat, but after 7 years of mediocrity, I would like to see the Board choose someone who really has the credentials to take us back up to where we should stand in World Football !

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Surprises me to read that some fans on here dont know what LUHG means.
TBF it was a bigger thing 10 years ago so I suppose younger or foreign fans wont be as clued up on such things.

Does seem that it has been taken up on Twitter more recently by a real bunch of mentalists who missed the LOVE UNITED bit

Tom Van Persie

No relation
TBF it was a bigger thing 10 years ago so I suppose younger or foreign fans wont be as clued up on such things.

Does seem that it has been taken up on Twitter more recently by a real bunch of mentalists who missed the LOVE UNITED bit
The HUHG Mourinho cult that follow that Mike guy around and think Mourinho is the greatest manager in United's history. Weird bunch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What does an anti Glazer sentiment have to do with our manager?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm confused as to how something that had a very specific and understandable meaning has been bastardised to encompass hating the manager.

Fosu-Mens

What does an anti Glazer sentiment have to do with our manager?
People on both sides of both sides(either Glazers/Woody is the fundamental problem, or we are "unlucky" with the managerial appointments, or both, or those that think that success goes in cycles and it is nothing we can do about it etc) struggle to come with constructive criticism of the manager(I.e. OGS is inept at everything etc) or those that see any form of criticism towards the manager don't accept that one can actually be critical regarding our manager without being a plastic fan. So yeah, the usual kindergarten dispute which has been more centred towards OGS being a lackey for the Glazers of late.

Web of Bissaka

Am I the only one who had to google that up to realize it stood for 'Love United Hate Glazer'?
I'm sure plenty, they just prefer to kept quiet so won't get insulted for not knowing.. as if we all should know.

I've heard of the 'Love United, Hate Glazer' thing before, it's quite common actually and still is- sort of, but not this LUHG whatever thing. Turns out it's the same thing. I don't remember people shorten to LUHG before, so that gets me confused. Then again, that probably has to do with not spending/wasting too much time on social media.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

I started watching seriously only in 2011 and I don't live in England, so you may have a point there.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I started watching seriously only in 2011 and I don't live in England, so you may have a point there.
Fair enough

To give a bit of context to newer fans of why LUHG originally came about; when the Glazers first turned up there was obviously a lot of anger, protests etc - the main fan group at the time was Shareholders United (SU) and they tried to block the takeover but ultimately failed.

There was then a big split in our fanbase when the leader of SU decided he didnt want to have anything to do with a club owned by the Glazers - he encouraged fans to give up their season tickets/memberships etc and went and set up a new fan owned club, FC United of Manchester. On the other side there were those who wanted to keep following MUFC and fight against the Glazers at the same time, so that lead to LUHG and SU then became the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) which is still the biggest supporters group today.

Loon

:lol:
Got 474.1 million reasons, not counting the hundreds of millions siphoned off.