Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
May she rest in peace.
So sorry for the family.

LoneStar

That's absolutely terrible. RIP to the little girl, deepest sympathies to the family. :(

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Just saw the picture of him chasing his daughter around the pitch after Barca's champions league win and I burst into tears.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Tragic news. Football is important but this is timely, sad and heartbreaking reminder that there is more to life than the outcome of a football match on the weekend.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Poor bloke, so sad :(

Used to love him as a player. So much heart, which probably makes it even harder for him, if that is even possible.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Along with thinking of Lucho and his family, it was hard not to think about Tito Vilanova passing away back in 2014 when I found about this.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Along with thinking of Lucho and his family, it was hard not to think about Tito Vilanova passing away back in 2014 when I found about this.
It's disturbing how cancer has been closely associated with Barcelona during the '10s. Imagine if Lucho was still Barça's manager...

Devil81

I couldn't carry on in the death of a child of mine, I've openly said I'd happily either drink myself to death or take my own life.

My heart goes out to the man and I doubt we will see him return to football.

RIP XX

Pace Abuser

My wife and I decided against kids for other reasons, but to bury them would destroy us both. It's always been a major driving reason.

My heart goes out to the family.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I couldn't carry on in the death of a child of mine, I've openly said I'd happily either drink myself to death or take my own life.

My heart goes out to the man and I doubt we will see him return to football.

RIP XX
He has other kids, right?
If so, he (and you) would have to be strong for them, as hard as that’d be.

Tbf though, not many can imagine their grief. :(

Bojan11

Sad for Moreno.

Can’t blame Enrique also for wanting to return as it’s the perfect job as it allows him to spend more time with his family rather than go back to club football.

Okey

Why is Moreno resigning? I thought it was an agreement Enrique could return and Moreno goes back to being his assistant like he's always been?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
For Moreno is not that bad tbh, with the exception of the pride probably. He leaves before a major competition kicks-off meaning he can't be blamed for any bad result, and leaves with his market position clearly valued, meaning he will be a top choice for a La Liga job in case a club needs a manager immediately at December.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm guessing that inbetween Enrique stepping aside (at which point everyone including Moreno seemed clear that he would get the job again upon return) and now (where Moreno seems upset that he is being replaced), somebody somewhere gave Moreno the impression that he was going remain in charge for the Euros? Doesn't really make sense to me otherwise.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Has he not wanted club football?

I've not followed him much but after Pep it's his Barcelona that's been the best & surprised that he hasn't been enticed back to club football.

Maybe it's too early after the passing of his daughter.

Suedesi

Pretty poor form from all, including Moreno who's got a thin resume and under normal circumstances would have never had a shot at managing Spain, currently. Your boss and mentor took a leave of absence due to his baby daughter dying of cancer, you stepped in and did very well, but now your boss is back.

Do you cry and send in your lawyers? Or do you say, thanks for the opportunity welcome back, I'd love to continue learning and one day maybe go on my own.

I dunno...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Has he not wanted club football?

I've not followed him much but after Pep it's his Barcelona that's been the best & surprised that he hasn't been enticed back to club football.

Maybe it's too early after the passing of his daughter.
He took the job with the Euros in mind. Cant imagine anyone taking an international job without competing at a major tournament.

I’m sure it will be better for his family right now too.

After Euros I guess he’ll go back to club level.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He took the job with the Euros in mind. Cant imagine anyone taking an international job without competing at a major tournament.

I’m sure it will be better for his family right now too.

After Euros I guess he’ll go back to club level.
Yeah I guess it's only couple months until the tournament and by the end of the tournament he may have a club set up a bit like LVG came to us after the world Cup.

I wonder if Arsenal will just cope with Emery until the end of the season & try get Enrique afterwards. Its the manager most of them want & I'd like to see if he's good as he was for Barcelona at another club.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently Luis Enrique felt betrayed by Moreno and his relationship, formerly very close, is now practically broken.
Perhaps he assumed that he would not accept the position, or is upset about his management of the group during all this time.
In fact, he demanded that Moreno not continue to be part of the technical staff.Unzué will be his second.
Whoever is right, Rubiales always seems to mishandle these types of situations

van Hooijdonk

They told Moreno when Enrique stepped down due to his daughter's illness that when Lucho is in right mental condition he can be back. So i don't know why Moreno seems so upset with this...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Whatever happens tonight he's reminded the world what a good manager he is in this tournament

Tyrion

Whatever happens tonight he's reminded the world what a good manager he is in this tournament
By all accounts he got serious abuse in Spain over sticking with Morata and not picking Real Madrid players. He's surely shown his critics up as tools.

Eddy_JukeZ

Can he speak English?
I mean he can learn it :lol:

Highly doubt he'd want to manage in England and I doubt we'd ever go for him.

What are your views on him?

So many attribute his success at Barca solely to MSN, but I think he's a good manager and did well at the Euros considering how barren Spain are in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.