Luis Nani | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimo

After the way he played on Saturday, you'd think 51m would be more appropriate. He was unreal. A not overworked Nani for the season is going to run riot over the league this year.

Siorac

Yeah, Juve just don't seem to appreciate the physicality of this monster.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol: After his performance against Barca and his performances last season I think it's extremely unlikely we would sell him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
After the way he played on Saturday, you'd think 51m would be more appropriate. He was unreal. A not overworked Nani for the season is going to run riot over the league this year.
He was outstanding against Barca. Not been quite up to speed in his first couple of games of pre-season but seems to be peaking at the right time.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

wr8_utd

:'(
That's obviously not true. No club in the world could or would expect to get Nani for that price.
Except Barca. But then they'd add 15m in "variables" and make the player take wage cuts to cover the fee.

neno

Nani should have obviously started on the LW. A 3 man midfield over having 2 strikers would have been much better against Barca, this was a well known fact. Playing 4-4-2 against Barca was/is suicide, even much more with a partnership of Giggs and Carrick. Giggs has it all going forward but not the energy to be hassling Barca's CMs and Messi.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Nani should have obviously started on the LW. A 3 man midfield over having 2 strikers would have been much better against Barca, this was a well known fact. Playing 4-4-2 against Barca was/is suicide, even much more with a partnership of Giggs and Carrick. Giggs has it all going forward but not the energy to be hassling Barca's CMs and Messi.
Well, we knew that before the game. Nani should have played instead of Hernandez.
Nani will not be sold and he will be one of our best performers again next season, with hopefully even more goals and assissts

Hellboy

I think he's easily worth £35m + so Juve can feck off. He had a great pre season, and I'm expecting him to have a better season that last year, superb player.

Cina

The answer to the thread title is still a blatant yes anyway, mote so than ever

Cina

Best attacker we have along with Rooney. Sublime today and his technique and finishing are amazing.

Think he'll go and have an even better season this year.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Great stuff from Nani and confident finishes. Young wasn't bad either. The ball is back in Valencia's court.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Shame that he is leaving though with Young taking his place according to the "experts":D;)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think getting left out of the Champions League final has been the making of Nani. He's seen the hard working players got picked at Wembley in May and he's risen to the challenge. Tackling back, sticking the foot in, being direct and working like an Ox as well as doing what we know he does best: beating men and scoring goals. Quality, quality player. If we thought he was good last season what he's done so far after the summer break shows we ain't seen NOTHING yet.

Aint gota Kalou

I think getting left out of the Champions League final has been the making of Nani. He's seen the hard working players got picked at Wembley in May and he's risen to the challenge. Tackling back, sticking the foot in, being direct and working like an Ox as well as doing what we know he does best: beating men and scoring goals. Quality, quality player. If we thought he was good last season what he's done so far after the summer break shows we ain't seen NOTHING yet.
He's been like this consistently for a season and a half now. He's our best attacker alongside Rooney. Always does well against the class teams too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's been like this consistently for a season and a half now. He's our best attacker alongside Rooney. Always does well against the class teams too.
But my point was he's added the defensive side to his game. The reason Valencia was getting picked ahead of him was because of the tracking back and cover he brings to the table but Nani has added that to his game. He's shown it all preseason and he was even sticking slide tackles in there today Giggsy style. He's getting there.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Shit... he was amazing today. Easily one of the best in the world when he plays like that. So much stronger on the ball than in his first season, whilst not losing any of his pace or agility. THe potential of Rooney, Nani, Welbeck, Anderson and Hernandez as an attacking force is pretty staggering.

hungrywing

No, 07 is right. Although I don't think it's just a matter of workrate. It looks like he's gone and asked to be coached/tutored intensively regarding the defensive aspect of the game.

Ability-wise he could easily be first in the pecking order, but it's fantastic the way he's not going that route and focusing on the team.

Can't believe some people would ever consider us selling him.

He's playing like a World Class player. Nani seems to raise his game whenever we're in need and you can tell he enjoys the expectation of being a matchwinner. He works so hard and his technical ability must be a nightmare to nullify. Whenever he's on his game I fancy our chances against anyone. Special player.

Godfather

I think getting left out of the Champions League final has been the making of Nani.
What a load of bollox. He has been amazing until his injury before the final.

Superb performance again today

Ekeke

But my point was he's added the defensive side to his game. The reason Valencia was getting picked ahead of him was because of the tracking back and cover he brings to the table but Nani has added that to his game. He's shown it all preseason and he was even sticking slide tackles in there today Giggsy style. He's getting there.
He did this last season as well, just not every single game. Valencia was getting picked not just because he's as good defensively as any winger in the world, but also because Nani lost some form after his injury

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I know it is not exactly an 1-to-1 comparison, in terms of impact, I'd still rate Nani below Malouda, Arshavin, Milner & even Guiterrez for that matter.

I am not saying that he is not talented, but just has not made the kind of impact he is capable of till now.
:lol:

wr8_utd

:'(
I can't believe Juventus though they'd get him for some $15-18m :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.