Luis Nani | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I have zero doubt that he will stay, purely because it makes zero sense for us to even consider getting rid.

Brophs

The One and Only
He just has his agent briefing the press to get more money. No worries.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If its true that ashley young is on 120k a week, then no doubt Nani probably feels aggrieved.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Ajax in the 90's perfected the art of 4-3-3 with true wingers. So IMO its just a case of people wanting more fancy stuff from their wingers that is killing them. Nani is one of the last few wide men out there who is similar to what Giggs was in his younger days. A true winger with a potential goal threat. Di Maria is the only other who I think is similar.

Messi and Ronaldo started out as that but just morphed into goal hungry psychos:lol:

It's like how the Hunterlaar, Inzaghi breed of striker is dying out. It's the changing times I believe.
I agree to a point. But for me a winger should be more about providing than scoring goals. Imo i look at all Nani's best attributes, his close control, ability to beat a man, his shooting, his unpredictability. They for me are all better suited to a wide forward role, where he can still provide, but he is better able to make the most of his significant goal threat. I just don't see him as a touchline winger in the system we play.

I would agree with the Giggs comparison also to an extent. For me both players often struggled with final ball delivery from the touchline, they are both better suited to commiting players and then driving into areas where they can cause panic.

Nani for me has got better in the past 2 seasons, but as i have said before when we played with 2 midfielders who carry the ball deep into our opponents half before giving Nani the ball. He is able to play from the edge of the box, rather than the touchline, and that gives him considerably more options he simply doesn't have when out wide.

If we look at his stats from those few games, where he played more around the edge of the box, i doubt he has ever had such a productive spell in such a short period of time.

Cina

I am sure he is not.

That would be madness.
It was the reported fee, or thereabouts, in quite a lot of papers.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing as we had to battle with Liverpool over his wages and English players always tend to get more.

I'm sure Nani will take the £130k which is being speculated and which he deserved.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was the reported fee, or thereabouts, in quite a lot of papers.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing as we had to battle with Liverpool over his wages and English players always tend to get more.

I'm sure Nani will take the £130k which is being speculated and which he deserved.
It would be seriously daft to give Ashely Young 120K.

English players getting more is understandable to an extent when they are key players to their teams like Terry, Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard etc although a player getting more due to his nationality doesn't quite sit well with me, but it makes no sense regarding players lik Young.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I doubt it would have taken 120k a week to lure Ashley Young from Aston Villa to Manchester United.

Cina

Of course it's daft, but that's supposedly what he's on. Who the feck knows in this day and age. Pretty much everything out there reports at least 100k, they can't all be way off the mark.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I agree to a point. But for me a winger should be more about providing than scoring goals. Imo i look at all Nani's best attributes, his close control, ability to beat a man, his shooting, his unpredictability. They for me are all better suited to a wide forward role, where he can still provide, but he is better able to make the most of his significant goal threat. I just don't see him as a touchline winger in the system we play.

I would agree with the Giggs comparison also to an extent. For me both players often struggled with final ball delivery from the touchline, they are both better suited to commiting players and then driving into areas where they can cause panic.

Nani for me has got better in the past 2 seasons, but as i have said before when we played with 2 midfielders who carry the ball deep into our opponents half before giving Nani the ball. He is able to play from the edge of the box, rather than the touchline, and that gives him considerably more options he simply doesn't have when out wide.

If we look at his stats from those few games, where he played more around the edge of the box, i doubt he has ever had such a productive spell in such a short period of time.
Key words :D

So what do you suggest we do with him? 4-4-2 isn't going away apparently, and Rooney is our current playmaker from central areas.

Ekeke

Hopefully this tournament is the start of Nani more consistantly making the most of his vision next season. So far Nani averages 1.3 accurate throughballs per game, only less than Silva and Sneijder. And ahead of Ozil and Xavi. We've seen flashes of brilliant vision to put players in during his time at United but its always been the strength of his crossing that led to most of the chances he created for us. If he carries on being this hot with a pass as well then he'll have everything you could ever possibly want from a winger. Dribbling, crossing, shooting, two feet and now a more consistant through ball? How would you deal with him then?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's having very good tourny so far. Great vision and final ball, Ekeke is right, let's hope he can emulate that level and consistently so at United.

Ekeke

Yeah, important to remember its 2 games so far. Its just something very interesting and would make him complete.

Anderson8

If Nani were to leave I would hope that our fanbase would seriously let the club know how we feel about it. Would be an absolute shoot yourself in the foot move.

reddevilcanada

I highly doubt we'll lose Nani. He's one of the best wingers around and starting to come into his prime - now is the time to actually keep him. The contract negotiations are the standard procedure and the media will need to sell their shit so that creates a bit of unnecessary panic. I'd be hugely surprised if we don't renew Nani's contract with improved terms.

finneh

I doubt it would have taken 120k a week to lure Ashley Young from Aston Villa to Manchester United.
I think Young is on no more than 70-80 k per week.
He was reportedly on £75k a week at Villa, who apparently offered him a decent pay increase to stay. I'd suggest we would have matched any offer Villa gave him so don't think £100k would be unrealistic.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
If we choose to sell Nani yet opt to keep Park I'll be virtually suicidal.

How on earth are we ever going to build on the strength of our squad if we sell our best players.
Marca running a story on Nani possibly going to Juve being the explanation for us going for James Rodriguez for 30M euros + Anderson.

Christ.

Widnes

Marca running a story on Nani possibly going to Juve being the explanation for us going for James Rodriguez for 30M euros + Anderson.
Christ.
If that deal is true then how much is Nani worth? surely more than Juventus can afford

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Christ.
Lets just hope this is as informed as their old Hernandez to Madrid stories selling Nani just as he reaches his peak years would be insanely idiotic even under Glazernomics.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Christ.
:lol: if that happens I will give up football for life because there would just be no sense left in the world

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
What you've done wrong there is to open up and attempt to read and decipher an article from The Daily Mail.

Cold_Boy

Read somewhere today Nani is now leaving because he has played very well at the Euros but SAF has not been in touch with him and hasn't congratulated him for playing well.

So he feels SAF is trying to corner him and cut him off.

Wtf?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If we sell Nani at this stage in his career that'll almost be it for me. I know doubting Fergie is a sin and all that, but that would put me over the edge.

On his day, he is one of the best wingers on the planet, bar none. What he does - deliver dangerous, goal scoring opportunities to teammates - he does better than anyone else on our team. He is a player we've developped and is now at the absolute peak of his powers.

He is so much better than Ashley Young it's embarassing.

So the thought that we would even be tempted to sell him to make a buck or avoid his wages blows my mind. Give him a £50k a week raise and it still wouldn't come close to the cost we'd have to pay to replace him.

Hopefully this is all media cr*p, because it makes even less sense than spending £8m on Bebe, or playing Park and Giggs against City.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If we sell Nani at this stage in his career that'll almost be it for me. I know doubting Fergie is a sin and all that, but that would put me over the edge.

The edge of what? Should we be calling Samaritans or just that you won’t support the club anymore for selling a player

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
SAF doesn't want to sell Nani and this is exactly where that Bebe deal makes sense.

Sam

I'd seriously have to question the direction the club is heading if we did sell Nani tbh.

AKDevil

On his day, he is one of the best wingers on the planet, bar none. What he does - deliver dangerous, goal scoring opportunities to teammates - he does better than anyone else on our team. He is a player we've developped and is now at the absolute peak of his powers.

He is so much better than Ashley Young it's embarassing.

So the thought that we would even be tempted to sell him to make a buck or avoid his wages blows my mind. Give him a £50k a week raise and it still wouldn't come close to the cost we'd have to pay to replace him.

Hopefully this is all media cr*p, because it makes even less sense than spending £8m on Bebe, or playing Park and Giggs against City.
Really?

Cina

Bit extreme but he has a point. We'd be selling one of the worlds best wingers because we're unwilling to offer him a (not too high) new contract. You'd have to question the ambitions of the club then.

Still, won't happen.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The edge of what? Should we be calling Samaritans or just that you won’t support the club anymore for selling a player
Haha, fair point...more that I'll finally believe fully that there is genuinely someone other than Ferige running the club now. And that the great man's hands are tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.