Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Here's the difference, some players can play with an injury, others can't. Valencia after an injury, no matter how long can seemingly come back in the team and play as if he never left. His recovery time in terms of on the pitch is immense. Compare that with Nani, who weeks, in cases even over a month after an injury still shows problems of that injury. Whether that's physical or psychological is immaterial, you seem to be suggesting that because Rooney or Vidic can play after an injury, Nani should be able to do exactly the same.
Rooney and Vidic are both notoriously poor performers after an injury. Can look incredibly rusty and average when they haven't played much football in a while.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
We have two wingers who can directly cover for Nani. It's not as easy to find your replacement for Vidic and Rooney, in those positions the difference for the cover has more of an impact. Not to mention that it's possible the risk for Nani making that existing injury worse is higher than that of Vidic or Rooney, which again would be the recovery argument and how not all players are the same. Maybe they are able to play through it, where he can't. My point is when fit, Nani is always going to start over Park or Young, and Fergie would have put him in the crunch games had he not been recently injured, or recovering from an injury at the time. It's strange how whenever Nani is dropped, it's always following a recent injury, weird huh?

Nathan

I'm all for squad rotation and every player must be ready when called upon. We need each one to playing at this maximum in all our games. We cannot be coasting or allowing passengers to be along for the ride.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I can read fine, which is why I asked if it was a joke.

Problem?
:lol:

I was just winding you up Pogue. I would never describe any player as a 'genius'. I do like Nani very much though because he has two good feet, an excellent first touch and all round technical ability. Those are the type of players that I like to watch.
Three posts below Jimy's which calls him a genius. Three posts above yours which laughs about him being called a genius and asks if it was a joke.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I'm all for squad rotation and every player must be ready when called upon. We need each one to playing at this maximum in all our games. We cannot be coasting or allowing passengers to be along for the ride.
I think we can all agree there. At his best I'd have Nani starting, on his day he's fecking unplayable...but very few players can maintain that performance over the course of a season.

Having Young, Valencia and Nani is a nice place to be in.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I didn't mean it in a harsh way, which in fairness is how it reads, but I figured someone best say something or you might ask the question again. Forever.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I didn't mean it in a harsh way, which in fairness is how it reads, but I figured someone best say something or you might ask the question again. Forever.
:lol: I'm glad we cleared it up.

For the record I have alot of time for Nani. He has the power to both excite/frustrate me within minutes of each other.

Like women really...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is really playing with so much ease, he is beating players at will, creating chances, playing some nice passes, one-twos, IMO alongside cleverley our best player on the pitch today.

NoLogo

Nani and Kagawa together looks really promising so far. Put Clev and an inform Rooney into the mix and we got some real offensive punch that every team will have problems dealing with. Oh and let's not forget Tony V.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Nani and Kagawa together looks really promising so far. Put Clev and an inform Rooney into the mix and we got some real offensive punch that every team will have problems dealing with. Oh and let's not forget Tony V.
you forgot RVP :(

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
I'd expect some nani news soon. They'll want to get all loose ends tied up before the season starts.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I can't imagine a worse thing happening to United right now than Nani refusing to sign an extension, I hope to god this gets sorted out soon, more important to me than any other signing, even though we're in serious need of a LB/CM

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
Give him whatever he wants, you would have to spend 40m on a similar winger

December_16

It just doesn't make sense for Nani to leave, footballing-wise. We're building a seriously class squad that has all the depth and quality to challenge on multiple front. Being a part of, if not one of the best of, that squad is definitely not something to just walk away from.

I mean of course unless somebody is willing to triple his wage and all that.

Devilton

I can see Nani's agent kicking up a fuss and asking for 200k a week as well. He's a top player on his day, but one can't help but feel there's also a primadonna side to our Tito Jackson look alike.

Hope he signs an extension but wouldn't be shocked if he didn't and we had to sell.

Vibhas

Apparently he was asking for 120-130k pw, is that true? Doesn't seem excessive at all to me.

If there was a choice between keeping Nani, and not getting RvP, or selling Nani and getting RvP, I think 99% would opt for the former.

It's pretty much the worst reasonably conceivable thing that can happen to us in terms of personnel (i.e. you can't see Rooney kicking up a fuss again now, can you).

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I don't know why it's taking so long but all signs have been positive and he obviously wants to stay here and win things.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Apparently he was asking for 120-130k pw, is that true? Doesn't seem excessive at all to me.

If there was a choice between keeping Nani, and not getting RvP, or selling Nani and getting RvP, I think 99% would opt for the former.

It's pretty much the worst reasonably conceivable thing that can happen to us in terms of personnel (i.e. you can't see Rooney kicking up a fuss again now, can you).
If that's the sum he desires, then I agree - that type of salary seems quite fitting for a player of his ilk in this day of age.

Devilton

120-130k seems very reasonable to me considering Welbeck is getting 75k.

Where are you getting that figure from though?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

You tell us. You're the one throwing it out there.

kps88

Still got two years left. It's not that urgent we tie things up before the season starts is it? We could wait till January. Players always play better when there's a contract up for grabs anyway.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Still got two years left. It's not that urgent we tie things up before the season starts is it? We could wait till January. Players always play better when there's a contract up for grabs anyway.
still, you can see how things can turn out when you wait till the last year of the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.