Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilton

We leave it to the last year and there's a good chance he ends up going to City...or Arsenal. How ironic would that be...

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Still got two years left. It's not that urgent we tie things up before the season starts is it? We could wait till January. Players always play better when there's a contract up for grabs anyway.
Dont let it happen, sign him up now.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Just seen two of the rival fans on this board completely underrate Nani which I don't really understand. Is Nani genuinely underrated by oppo fans or just a coincidence?

Cina

Just seen two of the rival fans on this board completely underrate Nani which I don't really understand. Is Nani genuinely underrated by oppo fans or just a coincidence?
He's pretty underrated by a lot of Utd fans too. It's not a rare thing for people to tell me Young is a better player than him.

People are idiots who can't see past their dislike for a player, and a lot of opposition fans dislike Nani because of his past reputation.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
He's pretty underrated by a lot of Utd fans too. It's not a rare thing for people to tell me Young is a better player than him.

People are idiots who can't see past their dislike for a player, and a lot of opposition fans dislike Nani because of his past reputation.
That's cause he's got a better overall rating in FIFA mate, which pretty much tells you all you need to know about their football knowledge :D

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Only an idiot would say Young is better than Nani. I mean seriously one of Nani's criticisms is his supposed inconsistency but Young is even worse in that respect!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

On here?

Cina

No no, in that thing .. whatcha call it ... the real world! That mad place where the newbies on here can hang out in public areas and sprout their nonsensical shite.

Though I do remember someone on here claiming when Young first signed that he had far more potential than Nani, despite being a year older :lol:

Vibhas

120-130k seems very reasonable to me considering Welbeck is getting 75k.

Where are you getting that figure from though?
You tell us. You're the one throwing it out there.
It was shown and discussed here a couple dozen pages ago, obviously nothing more than rumours and articles from the daily mail, setanta and a few other outlets; cant link anyone at the moment as on ipod touch, but hence my use of "apparently". Was shocked, as were others, that we werent accepting his reported 120k demands. Google nani 120k per week contract if you want the sources, sorry (ipod).

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Zenit bid for Nani - reports

Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg have made a bid for Manchester United winger Nani, according to reports in Russia.

News agency R-Sport say a source close to the Russian Premier League club has confirmed their interest in signing the 25-year-old Portugal international.

Earlier this summer Zenit boss Luciano Spalletti admitted his interest in signing Nani, and it now appears he intends to nail down a deal before the Russian transfer window closes on September 10.

Nani has made 195 appearances for Manchester United, scoring 36 goals, since signing from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2007.
ITV

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Because Zenit is an appealing prospect.

No chance.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I always knew Nani would make it big in Russia, it's his dream nation.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
It's not the thought of Zenit that worries me, it's the fact that the bids have started and his contract hasn't been extended.

Ekeke

They went from pondering £5 million for Berbatov to, presumably, readying a £25 million+ offer for Nani?

Those ambitious ruskis

Decotron

He's pretty underrated by a lot of Utd fans too. It's not a rare thing for people to tell me Young is a better player than him.People are idiots who can't see past their dislike for a player, and a lot of opposition fans dislike Nani because of his past reputation.
:lol: Id ignore folk like that in future. Bizarre claim.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Exactly, what world class player, at the height of their career is going to leave Man Utd for Zenit?
the one who sees pretty much everyone around him get a bigger contract while he can't presumably get 130 k himself, and we're all aware he's one of our best players, I'm pretty sure he knows it 2.
It might not even be Zenit, this could just start the bidding process, other teams would come in too if they knew they had a chance of signing him.

I desperately want him to stay, more so than any signing, and I just hope he signs the contract extention soon, because I don't like "playing around" with this kind of stuff, tends to end badly for teams who wait till their player's got 1 year left on his contract.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Nani's said he's happy at Utd, he's one of our most important players.

I'm sure he'll get his new contract, probably once the silly season is over.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
the one who sees pretty much everyone around him get a bigger contract while he can't presumably get 130 k himself, and we're all aware he's one of our best players, I'm pretty sure he knows it 2.
It might not even be Zenit, this could just start the bidding process, other teams would come in too if they knew they had a chance of signing him.

I desperately want him to stay, more so than any signing, and I just hope he signs the contract extention soon, because I don't like "playing around" with this kind of stuff, tends to end badly for teams who wait till their player's got 1 year left on his contract.
Can we please nip this shit in the bud?

There are clearly negotiations going on right now, which have been going on for some time. If they drag on until he has a year left on his contract that's not "waiting", that's working hard to hold onto the player.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Can we please nip this shit in the bud?

There are clearly negotiations going on right now, which have been going on for some time. If they drag on until he has a year left on his contract that's not "waiting", that's working hard to hold onto the player.
I'm aware of the fact that we don't WANT him gone, I'm just saying there's a level to which playing hardball makes sense. I'm not against going our wage structure etc., but honestly compared to the players around him (especially in other teams, but recently also somewhat in United) he's being underpaid. We all know that he's better than most other players in the PL and his wage isn't "even" in 6 figures.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We've been looking to sign a pacey attacker who is a gifted dribbler. It would make no sense to let go of the one you do have who is better than those you were trying to sign. He'll sign.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm aware of the fact that we don't WANT him gone, I'm just saying there's a level to which playing hardball makes sense. I'm not against going our wage structure etc., but honestly compared to the players around him (especially in other teams, but recently also somewhat in United) he's being underpaid. We all know that he's better than most other players in the PL and his wage isn't "even" in 6 figures.
Well that would explain why he's being offered a new contract, which will make him a lot better paid.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
How do you know there isn't an agreement to sit down with him in September to continue negotiations? He's been at the Euros and on holidays, we're busy tying up deals for Kagawa, RvP, Powell etc...... He might be quite happy to wait til things die down before resuming negotiations. That sort of stuff happens it doesn't by default spell doom.

How many senior players have Utd lost in the last ten years due to not giving them a fair wage or letting their contract run out without giving them a new one?

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
How do you know there isn't an agreement to sit down with him in September to continue negotiations? He's been at the Euros and on holidays, we're busy tying up deals for Kagawa, RvP, Powell etc...... He might be quite happy to wait til things die down before resuming negotiations. That sort of stuff happens it doesn't by default spell doom.

How many senior players have Utd lost in the last ten years due to not giving them a fair wage or letting their contract run out without giving them a new one?
I don't, but neither do you.
And I'm not a "negative" kind of person, and I'm certainly not "terrified", just that being cautious isn't a bad thing. If it wasn't Nani (or Vidič/Rooney/Carrick) I wouldn't be that concerned, but I really don't wanna lose him due to not being willing to pay players roughly around what they "deserve".

In no way am I arguing against you, or being a drama queen, I'm merely pointing some things out.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i love how gay the opening post sounds after the title was shortened to just "nani".

dev1l

Zenit St Petersburg launch bid for United winger Nani
Zenit St Petersburg have launched a bid to sign Manchester United winger Nani.

The Portugal winger could find first-team football harder to come by at Old Trafford this season after the arrivals of Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa.

'The news about Nani is true,' Zenit coach Luciano Spalletti said on Friday.

Zenit St Petersburg have launched a bid to sign Manchester United winger Nani.

The Portugal winger could find first-team football harder to come by at Old Trafford this season after the arrivals of Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa.

'The news about Nani is true,' Zenit coach Luciano Spalletti said on Friday.

Everything will depend on how much players cost because we won’t pay excessive amounts of money.'

When asked whether Zenit had made a bid, he said: “I’m not talking about an offer to a particular player, but an offer to a club.'

'If the club won’t sell a player, then there’s no thought of making an offer to the player himself.'

Last month, Spalletti named Hulk and Nani as among a small number of players he believed could strengthen the team.

'We like both Hulk and Nani, we also like [Lionel] Messi,' he said Friday.

Zenit are not keen on Dimitar Berbatov.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Petersburg-launch-bid-Nani.html#ixzz23su6PJxW

Status
Not open for further replies.